Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

Dangerous vises... Humanity seems to embrace destructive behavior patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 11:29 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
I remember an advice guys used to share all the time: If your wife or girlfriend starts smoking, use some lubricant...

LOL.. Sorry, I know that's bad, I just couldn't resist.. But I agree that many tragedies caused by fires could have been prevented if smokers were more careful.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:50 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I remember an advice guys used to share all the time: If your wife or girlfriend starts smoking, use some lubricant...

LOL.. Sorry, I know that's bad, I just couldn't resist.. But I agree that many tragedies caused by fires could have been prevented if smokers were more careful.
You're right - that is very naughty, Magnum. Now go to your room!

(LOL)

Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
OMG!!!!! I don't even know what that means... and I don't want to!!!! Go to your room! Do NOT pass Go and for Pete's sake, SHUT THE DOOR!!!! That is SO naughty!!!!

Quote:

Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,163 times
Default Monday, August 31, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Did you know, careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths and the second leading cause of injuries among people ages 65 and older?

Cigarettes continue to burn when not properly extinguished and if a cigarette resting in a tray is accidentally knocked over, it can burn for hours before a flare up ignites.

If you smoke, before you light your next cigarette, remember:
  • Never, ever smoke in bed.
  • Put your cigar or cigarette out at the first sign of feeling drowsy or sleepy while watching the boob tube or reading.
  • Use deep ashtrays or pails with sand and put your cigarettes all the way out.
  • Never walk away from lit cigarettes or other smoking materials.
The life you save just might be your own.
BRAVO to you CoastalMaine for posting this forum:

I'm sure you've made many people aware of the dangers of smoking while sleepness seeps into your brain!! Hopefully you've saved some lives. TY for the comment. I would of posted one back, but I'm a newbe and I have no clue how to! I will thou soon enough. Again thanks for awareness!!!!

Happy Tuesday

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Did you know, careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths and the second leading cause of injuries among people ages 65 and older?

Cigarettes continue to burn when not properly extinguished and if a cigarette resting in a tray is accidentally knocked over, it can burn for hours before a flare up ignites.

If you smoke, before you light your next cigarette, remember:
  • Never, ever smoke in bed.
  • Put your cigar or cigarette out at the first sign of feeling drowsy or sleepy while watching the boob tube or reading.
  • Use deep ashtrays or pails with sand and put your cigarettes all the way out.
  • Never walk away from lit cigarettes or other smoking materials.
The life you save just might be your own.
I knew this one! I don't smoke but I know a lot of people that do. Everyone that smokes or is around a smoker in the house should be aware of this stuff.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
You're right - that is very naughty, Magnum. Now go to your room!

(LOL)
Quote:
OMG!!!!! I don't even know what that means... and I don't want to!!!! Go to your room! Do NOT pass Go and for Pete's sake, SHUT THE DOOR!!!! That is SO naughty!!!!
LOL.. Well.. at least I said "Wife OR Girlfriend", not "Wife AND Girlfriend"...

I think I'm on my way to the City Data doghouse now...

Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
I am sometimes not too quick on the uptake and I missed this one by a mile... but I did 'get' it when I came back and read it this time!!!! YOU do need a time out!!! That was naughty!!!!

Quote:
LOL.. Well.. at least I said "Wife OR Girlfriend", not "Wife AND Girlfriend"...

I think I'm on my way to the City Data doghouse now...

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 08-31-2010 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Meant to say BY a mile, not FOR a mile, but I was in a hurry!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:23 PM

821 posts, read 861,660 times
Did not know that they were the leading cause of fire deaths, I would have figured kitchen related shenanigans would be.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Yah, I saw that this morning... the problem with me posting late at night, is my brain has entered the fibromyalgia fog zone.... lol Please bear with me and take it in stride!!! You should see me trying to find my keys some days after putting them 'away' at night!!! LOLOLOL NOT pretty!!!
I didn't mean to rag on ya for that. I looked at first and really thought that I missed out on yet another grand day of my life I too, suffer from brain fog, partly due to lack of sleep and meds. Ah well. Ain't life grand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics