Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

What was the most interesting thing you ever found and did you look for the rightful owner?

I have had stray cats come around the house and have taken them to the humane society in hopes of the owner claiming them, or someone who wanted to give them a good home and adopt them.

The best thing I ever found was while my wife and I were on vacation in Utah and we had just left the National Park and started down the highway. After several miles I thought that I needed to pullover and take a picture of the scenery. While the vehicle was stopped and parked in an area that was perfect for the photo, I noticed something very strange off the road a little ways laying in the weeds. It couldn’t be but it looked like and it was a $100 bill. Yep,,,, in very nice condition, unfolded or wrinkled and the only thing that looked strange was the coloring. It was one of the new bills that the government started printing and appeared to be sun faded.

I looked around to see if there were anymore but this was the only bill. I couldn't believe that I had found it, and being that there was no name and address on it for me to return the bill ~ I decided to keep it for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,288 times
My best find was a lamp at a yard sale for $10. I took it home, looked it up on the net and found that they regularly sell on ebay for 500. You should have seen me jumping and screaming. Man, that was a rush....

Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Well, I've only found a 20 (kronor. It's about 3 dollars) bill once at my school. I was talking to my friend, standing in the stairs looking down at some classmates at the foot of the stairs. Suddenly, I saw something just left to one of the guy's feet...
I jumped, screaming yes, and picked it up.
I'm always a bit...poor when it comes to money, so all money are welcome

Otherwise, I once found a hearing aid just outside to my locker. I went to the janitor, but he said that according to the computer file, there was no one at the school that wore one.
Hm?
Well, I left it with him. I hope whoever lost it got it back.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:45 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
I found a "coin" from William Henry Harrison's presidential campaign. Found it while digging a grave for my hamster when I was 8 years old. I have no clue what happened to it.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I found a class ring buried in the foot hills, we were coin hunting, it had the persons name etched in it, I called people with the same last name from the phone book and found his parents, he had lost the ring 10 years earlier, he drove down and picked it up.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Hello,,,hello,,, I can’t hear you I lost my hearing aid! missyM I’ve seen those lamps mass produced in China and normally sell for $12 new. I’ll give you $15 or $20 and pay shipped charges if you’d like to get rid of it?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:05 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
One time when I was a child I found a womans wallet when my parents and I were in Boston.

We of course took it home and mailed it back to the woman. She was shocked and thanked me greatly, mailed me back the money that was in the wallet as a reward.

Another thing I found was when I used to swim in a lake, I found several fresh water pearls. Some were off white and some dark. That was alot of fun.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
I found a class ring while in little league and located it's rightful owner. The other night while showering I looked down and lo and behold-there was my old wedding ring,right where my ex left it!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Found $100 when I was a kid and gave it to the police station. After a few weeks they called and said nobody claimed it and gave it to me.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Recently I found a cell phone someone had left on a couch in a waiting room. I turned it in to the receptionist... who proceeded to take pics, with the phone, of her and her girlfriends... pretty raunchy pics too. As I watched this, I could only think, I should've tried to find the rightful owner myself.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/headshake.gif (broken link)

I also recently found a checkbook. Checks, credit cards, everything inside that would be incredibly important to the rightful owner. I called the number I found on the checks and the owner came and met me in the store I found it in. Don't know who was more grateful, the rightful owner, or me, for being able to make someone's day.

I lost my wallet once at Disneyland. Cash, credit cards, ID... pretty much everything inside that, if lost, could horribly ruin ones day. I went to the Lost & Found and was SHOCKED to discover someone hand turned it in... with all of its contents still there. Since then, I never keep what I find. I feel a lifelong obligation to "pay it forward".

And if you're the one that found my wallet at Disneyland... Thank you!!! That ment the world to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics