Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,889,311 times

Advertisements

After a busy Saturday and getting a lot of things done.. well almost everything, I'll need some rest, but gotta get one more thing done today.. so let's get to today's..

Questions Of The Day:
This weekend, most of us (In the United States) will have to turn our clocks back 1 hour this weekend, it's the end of Daylight Sayings Time.. Of course for those of us who live in the States of Arizona or Hawaii, we won't have to worry about that, so feel free to give an answer if you wish, but for everyone else:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend?

When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday?

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish.

Bonus Question:
When you think of the following items on the list below, what's the first thing that comes to mind about them?
- Gold?
- Silver?
- Sports Car?
- Festival?
- Sports Event?
- Shovel?
- Fan?
- Checkbook?
- Closet?
- Desk?

Just For Fun:
Those are actual foods, so I'll have ask your feelings about them: Yum, Yuck, or more?
- Crispy Seaweed?
- King Prawn?
- Prawn Crackers?
- Squid?
- Honey Spare Ribs?
- Beef with Pineapple?
- Beef With Oyster Sauce?

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day
- Sandwich Day
- Zero Tasking Day

November 3rd in History:
1493 – Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea
1783 – The American Continental Army is disbanded
1817 – The Bank of Montreal, Canada's oldest chartered bank, opens in Montreal, Quebec
1868 – John Willis Menard was the first African American elected to the United States Congress. Because of an electoral challenge, he was never seated
1903 – With the encouragement of the United States, Panama separates from Colombia
1911 – Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T
1913 - The United States introduces the income tax
1918 – Poland declares its independence from Russia
1930 - Bank of Italy becomes The Bank of America
1943 – World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany
1954 – The first Godzilla film is released and marks the first appearance of the character of the same name
1957 – Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika
1964 – Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time
1973 - Mariner 10 launched - 1st Venus pictures were received, and 1st mission to Mercury (2nd and 1st planets from the sun in our solar system)
1978 – Dominica gains its independence from the United Kingdom
1986 – The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America
1992 - Bill Clinton wins the US Presidential elections with a 'landslide' victory over George H. Bush
1997 - California law ends affirmative-action

Everyone enjoy a wonderful Sunday, and remember this weekend is the end of DST in the United States, so you're going to get an extra hour of sleep this weekend..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,047 times
Questions Of The Day:
One analog clock, two digital clocks, the one on the microwave-
and the answering machine, but that is such a major hassle that I'll leave it for the next power failure
(or when it decides to reset itself and then insists I need to program in the time & date).
So that's 4 or 5.
Sunday
Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish.
Don't think so.

Bonus Question:
When you think of the following items on the list below, what's the first thing that comes to mind about them?
- Gold? Embossing with gold leaf
- Silver? Fingernail polish
- Sports Car? Convertible
- Festival? Outdoor music
- Sports Event? Crowded stadium, thronging with enthusiasts
- Shovel? Burial
- Fan? Fan-fiction
- Checkbook? I still remember how to do math
- Closet? Doorless
- Desk? Still haven't got one, no space for it anyway

Just For Fun:
Those are actual foods, so I'll have ask your feelings about them: Yum, Yuck, or more?
- Crispy Seaweed?
- King Prawn?
- Prawn Crackers?
- Squid?
- Honey Spare Ribs?
- Beef with Pineapple?
All of the above^ are "yuck" to my palate.

Everyone enjoy a wonderful Sunday, and remember this weekend is the end of DST in the United States, so you're going to get an extra hour of sleep this weekend..

Thanks for the Qs, Mike.
Hope everyone enjoys & can take advantage of their extra hour of sleep.

Last edited by cloven; 11-02-2013 at 11:20 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,915,120 times
Default Questions Of The Day - Sunday November 3rd, 2013
After a busy Saturday and getting a lot of things done.. well almost everything, I'll need some rest, but gotta get one more thing done today.. so let's get to today's..

Questions Of The Day:
This weekend, most of us (In the United States) will have to turn our clocks back 1 hour this weekend, it's the end of Daylight Sayings Time.. Of course for those of us who live in the States of Arizona or Hawaii, we won't have to worry about that, so feel free to give an answer if you wish, but for everyone else:

About 7 or 8!
Sunday!

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Wish I had some!
- Silver?Wish I had some!
- Sports Car? Camaro for big time speed handling and power!
- Festival?
- Sports Event?
- Shovel?
- Fan?
- Checkbook?
- Closet?
- Desk?

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed?
- King Prawn?
- Prawn Crackers?
- Squid?
- Honey Spare Ribs?
- Beef with Pineapple?

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day
- Sandwich Day
- Zero Tasking Day

November 3rd in History:
1493 – Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea
1817 – The Bank of Montreal, Canada's oldest chartered bank, opens in Montreal, Quebec
1868 – John Willis Menard was the first African American elected to the United States Congress. Because of an electoral challenge, he was never seated
1903 – With the encouragement of the United States, Panama separates from Colombia
1911 – Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T
1943 – World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany
1954 – The first Godzilla film is released and marks the first appearance of the character of the same name
1957 – Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika
1964 – Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time
1973 - Mariner 10 launched - 1st Venus pictures were received, and 1st mission to Mercury (2nd and 1st planets from the sun in our solar system)
1986 – The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America
1992 - Bill Clinton wins the US Presidential elections with a 'landslide' victory over George H. Bush

Thanks Mike ..Great job!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-02-2013 at 11:15 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,559,910 times
Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? 2

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish. Back in 84, I walked into church one hour late. I was embarrased until someone else did too.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Not interested
- Silver? hair
- Sports Car? Too small for me
- Festival? food and fun
- Sports Event? take me out to the ball game
- Shovel? Can you dig it?
- Fan? Sporst fan or floor or ceiling fan?
- Checkbook? I have 6 or more collecting dust.
- Closet? They are all full of clothes I don't wear anymore.
- Desk? Need more space on mine.

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed?
- King Prawn?
- Prawn Crackers?
- Squid?
- Honey Spare Ribs?
- Beef with Pineapple?

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day
- Sandwich Day
- Zero Tasking Day

Last edited by _redbird_; 11-02-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 11:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,041,992 times

Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? Two ... My alarm/radio clock and watch.

When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday? Depends but I'm going to set them tonight so my alarm functions correctly.

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish. Yeah but I usually figure it out before the end of Sunday.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Teeth
- Silver? Car
- Sports Car? Speed devil
- Festival? Seafood
- Sports Event? Boring
- Shovel? Bull
- Fan? flames
- Checkbook? Needs more moolah
- Closet? Clothes
- Desk? Computer

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed? Yum
- King Prawn?
Yum
- Prawn Crackers?
Yum
- Squid? Yum
- Honey Spare Ribs? eh
- Beef with Pineapple? Yum
- Beef With Oyster Sauce? Eh ... Ok

Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 PM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times
]After a busy Saturday and getting a lot of things done.. well almost everything, I'll need some rest, but gotta get one more thing done today.. so let's get to today's.. [/color]

Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? 7

When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday? Saturday

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish. I can never remember how to reset the clock in my car. I always have to get the manual out to get the directions.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Ring
- Silver? Ware
- Sports Car? BMW
- Festival? Sweet corn festival
- Sports Event? Gymnastics
- Shovel? Snow
- Fan? Electric or ceiling
- Checkbook? Mine
- Closet? Not big enough
- Desk? Need a new one

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed? Yuck
- King Prawn? Yum
- Prawn Crackers? Yuck
- Squid? Yuck
- Honey Spare Ribs? Yuck
- Beef with Pineapple? Yuck

- Beef With Oyster Sauce? Yuck

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day
- Sandwich Day
- Zero Tasking Day

November 3rd in History:

[/quote]

Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,492,486 times
Questions Of The Day:

We turned ours forwards an hour a couple of weeks ago. There are probably ten clocks in total.When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday?
Whenever I think about it.

I haven't forgotten - there are only one or two clocks I take any notice of, so the rest get changed as and when. I haven't yet changed the car, the bedside clock or the microwave... they'll be correct again in six months or so!

Bonus Question:
- Gold?
Rings
- Silver?
Trophies
- Sports Car?
Yes please!
- Festival?
Great if it's a blues festival - meh if it's any other type.
- Sports Event?
I'll watch on TV if I'm interested (unlikely unless it's tennis or motor racing)
- Shovel?
Dirt - not my department.
- Fan?
Have mine on - it's 105F here right now.
- Checkbook?
Spelled wrongly. Should be cheque book in Aussie-spell! They're pretty much extinct here now.
- Closet?
Come on out of it!
- Desk?
Needs a tidy up

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed?
Yum, but not on its own.
- King Prawn?
Yum, yum, yum
- Prawn Crackers?
A few are nice
- Squid?
Yum, yum yum
- Honey Spare Ribs?
Meh - a bit sweet for my taste
- Beef with Pineapple?
Meh - a bit boring
Nice if with some interesting sides.

Thanks Mike.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Hope it's not as hot where you are as it is here!

Last edited by Kobber; 11-02-2013 at 11:37 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 11:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,704,613 times

Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? None. Wife handles it.

When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday? She has already set them.

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? Tell us more if you wish. Yes. We showed up for church an hour late.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Rings
- Silver? Coins
- Sports Car? Speed
- Festival? Foods
- Sports Event? Crowds
- Shovel? Tree Planting
- Fan? Hot Weather
- Checkbook? Bills
- Closet? Clothes
- Desk? Computer Center

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed? Yuck
- King Prawn?
Yuck
- Prawn Crackers?
Yuck
- Squid? Fish bait
- Honey Spare Ribs? I'm hungry
- Beef with Pineapple? Bring it on.

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day
- Sandwich Day
- Zero Tasking Day

November 3rd in History:

Last edited by Nomadicus; 11-02-2013 at 11:36 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? Weren't we asked this just a couple of days ago? Let me count again........ I'll have to reset four clocks and two watched. The clocks are in my living room, bathroom, and two in the kitchen - stove and microwave. The clock on my nightstand will change automatically, as will the clocks on my electronics. Oh, and I'll need to reset the clock in my car as well.

When do you normally reset them, Saturday or Sunday? I'll get around to it sometime on Sunday. The important clocks will change automatically, so I won't have to worry about waking up at the right time in the morning.

Have you ever forgotten to reset your clocks, either forward or back 1 hour? I put it off sometimes, but I've never forgotten. Tell us more if you wish.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? Some of the fancy buildings I saw in Europe while on vacation.
- Silver? The silver cross I'm wearing.
- Sports Car? No thoughts on this.
- Festival? The Jenever gin festival I attended in Hasselt, Belgium two weeks ago today.
- Sports Event? Monday night's Bears game.
- Shovel? I'll soon have to get out my snow shovel for the season.
- Fan? There's a fan a couple feet away from me. I need to put it away till next spring.
- Checkbook? I balanced mine earlier today.
- Closet? Mine could use a good cleaning-out.
- Desk? I'm sitting at one right now.

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed? Don't know; have never tried it.
- King Prawn? Yum!
- Prawn Crackers? Never heard of them.
- Squid? Love it! Er, I mean, Yum!
- Honey Spare Ribs? Yum, but I think I wouldn't like them as much as those with plain (not sweet) BBQ sauce.
- Beef with Pineapple? Yuck.
- Beef With Oyster Sauce? Yuck.

November 3rd Is:
- Housewives Day That leaves me out.
- Sandwich Day I'll take a corned beef on rye with horseradish, please.
- Zero Tasking Day Sounds good to me!

Everyone enjoy a wonderful Sunday, and remember this weekend is the end of DST in the United States, so you're going to get an extra hour of sleep this weekend.. Yay! I can always use that. And since it's already almost 1 a.m. here, I'd better hit the sack.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-02-2013 at 11:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 AM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times
Questions Of The Day:

How many clocks do you have to reset this weekend? maybe a dozen

Normally Saturday evening, have been out of town overnight, so they won't all get done until later.

Years ago I showed up an hour early for lunch with friends because of DST. I guess that beats being an hour late.

Bonus Question:
- Gold? all that glitters isn't
- Silver? makes me think of a car
- Sports Car? a mustang, a camaro and a corvette would be great, or just one of them
- Festival? food, crowds, the smell of cigarette smoke - in a good way
- Sports Event? more crowds, and some concessions
- Shovel? snow, though I haven 't shoveled snow in many years
- Fan? machine that moves air or short for fanatic
- Checkbook? as long as there are checks in the book, there's $ in the account, right?
- Closet? monster, like the monster under the bed that will grab your ankles if you don't get in fast enough
- Desk? papers and computer

Just For Fun:
- Crispy Seaweed?
- King Prawn? if that means shrimp
- Prawn Crackers? had 'em, they're okay
- Squid? good fried, I've heard
- Honey Spare Ribs?
- Beef with Pineapple? bring on the beef, hold the pineapple
- Beef With Oyster Sauce? Now you're just funnin' with us!

Quote:
Everyone enjoy a wonderful Sunday,
Thanks, Mike, you too!

And everyone watch out for the closet monster.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics