Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times

Advertisements

Good morning to all! TGIF! TGIF! TGIF!!!!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ?
DW's work schedule. It's been changing lately and she verbalizes it to me. But I have what she considers a "lack of retention" on stuff like. For some reason, she gets mad when I ask her "do you work today?"!!!

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?
Brett Favre's first retirement. Nah, seriously, I think I'd like to have witnessed scenes from the Civil War and related events that shaped the country from that point in time.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ?
Patriot Guard mission this weekend. Honoring those who stood for us!

Just for Fun:

For those that watched the R. Wedding
I reluctantly watched a small portion of it as I scanned the channels looking for my local news / weather.

What were some of the things stood out to you ?
Does it REALLY need to be on EVERY channel?

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day Count me in!
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day Because buttoning just takes too long!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Today's Question(s):

It's usually someone's name after being introduced so I'll go with that.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?

Well, if I could go back in a time machine and prevent it or get everyone out in time, as well as witness it, I would choose Sept 11 in NYC.

If I could just witness it...hmmm, document signing and speeches are not for me no matter how big they are. I suppose I might like to be with Neil Armstrong on the moon.

Extra Credit Question:

Driving about 656 miles.

Just for Fun:

Who is R?

Oh, the royal wedding. I haven't turned the TV on yet today but I like the coach ride in these fancy schmancy affairs because it reminds me of fairy tales. How did Harry look? I like Harry best of that bunch.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Today's Question(s):

My mother's various passwords. Uhoh she's forgotten some important ones.

Bonus Question:

Nah, history's messy and historic events don't usually have comfortable places to sit. Or toilets. How about some ultra lavish event at a penthouse in NYC in the 1800s, where I can ponder the Brooklyn Bridge being built while I also ponder a perfect martini?

Extra Credit Question:

Gardening and hiking. And hiking, and gardening.

Just for Fun:

Didn't watch it.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,142,567 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

I keep forgetting to send a sympathy card..

Bonus Question:

The Royal Wedding seems like a fun party!

Extra Credit Question:

Yard work! & NYSMA volunteering.

Just for Fun:

I just saw the 2 kisses on the balcony. So cute!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Gue; 04-29-2011 at 06:32 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? Because of the nature of my job people are always asking me to do things. I take paper with me whenever I leave my classroom so I can write things down. I usually lose the paper, but for some reason if I write something down I can remember it.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? Have to think about this.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? We're working on cleaning my parent's house, going through things & deciding who is taking what. It's hard.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? Didn't watch

[+] Rate this post positively

Happy Friday!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? Too many things!

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? I haven't a clue...

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? We have guests tomorrow so we'll be busy all day. No plans for Sunday - maybe do some cleaning and take a rest!

Just for Fun:

For those that watched the R. Wedding Meeeeeeee!!!

What were some of the things stood out to you ? Ladies' hats! Some were really... special!

Have a lovely day!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ?Almost anything I have to remember. I'm suffering from old timers disease and can't remember anything

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? It might have been interesting to be atLittle Big Horn and see the look on Gen Custer's face when he saw all those Indians

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? Yes, why are they taking half of the news hour to tell me about a wedding?

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published
1941 - The Boston Bees agreed to rename the National League team the Braves, the name they used prior to 1935.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts
1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect" -
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb;
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day[/quote]

Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 AM

604 posts, read 456,771 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? I'm always seeing websites I want to check out, but then I forget what they are

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? the westward migration on the Oregon Trail

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? it looks like the weather is finally going to be nice, so perhaps I'll do some yard work!

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? I'm watching the highlights right now; her dress is nice

I hope everyone has a great day!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
YaaaaaY Friday and I survived another week and traveled another day's journey

The questions are not working all that well for me this morning, so I will adapt just like I am doing with decaf coffee

I just don't remember some of the answers I have previously given, but I wish I had written a phone number down that I thought I would surely remember just the other day.

I didn't watch the wedding, but I will be looking for the high lights and replays.

even If you don't think you have anything, but love hand it out generously... and it will return to u Peace and tolerance

Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
[quote=KwaK;18940002]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Early start here in NE FL . Yup Got up at 4:30 to watch the wedding

But it is a normal Friday so I have to work on payroll & invoices
In order to do that, first I have to do

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? A dream I had a few nights ago.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? The creation of Adam and Eve, the birth of Jesus and to be around when he was preaching. There are many great events that I could list.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Well hubby is working a couple hours tomorrow so probably will hit a couple department stores with my daughter before we do the usual grocery shopping and other chores. I think there is a Nascar race on this weekend so will probably watch that and not sure what else we will do.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? I forget which daughter it was of Fergie's but her hat was just awful!!! She was wearing a tan outfit along with the hat.The Queen looked quite happy and for a minute there I though William and Kate were going to bust out giggling.

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published
1941 - The Boston Bees agreed to rename the National League team the Braves, the name they used prior to 1935.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts
1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect" -
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb;
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day

Have a nice day everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics