Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times

Advertisements

Overcast and in the 70s today in the NV desert.

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down"? Some of the nice remarks made at my retirement party.

Which major event in history do you wish you had been able to witness in person? Can't think of one thing -- wouldn't mind attending an inauguration or a coronation though.

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Work on a new pot I'm building in ceramics; poker club; gardening.

Royal wedding... What were some of the things stood out to you ? Gorgeous, poised and happy bride.

Happy Friday everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Goood morning!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? Something funny my G-son said!

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? the Resurrection of Jesus.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Going to a garden wedding tomorrow. Sunday is church & relax.

Just for Fun:

For those that watched the R. Wedding

What were some of the things stood out to you ?
Awww dang, I missed it!!!!

Today in History:
1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect" -
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate-

Today is:
Rebuilding Day-Prayers for the families affected by the tornadoes. [/b]
National Zipper Day-

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ?
I say that every day. I've got big to-do lists for the move and I'm always thinking of things I need to add to the lists when they're handy but in the next couple of minutes I'll forget. I eventually remember them

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?
Man's first powered flights.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ?
Still getting ready to move - have to figure out what to keep here for our interim move into the temporary place, and what to send off to have shipped overseas later in the year. It's all a bit of a nightmare really.

Just for Fun:

I forgot all about it til I read the QOTD! So I checked a few videos online. I dunno, it was your typical Royal Wedding, lots of pomp and ceremony. I suppose it was just a bit sad that the mother of the groom wasn't there. Other than that, everything looked very nice. Best wishes to them but I hope we won't have to be hearing about every minutiae of their lives from now on!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
You weren't alone Karla...I watched the wedding too. It was a nice sweet break in all the other ugly news that's reported.

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? That would be when I don't make a grocery list....I hate having to go out again.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? The land rush...the one in Oklahoma for the free land.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Shopping for two b'day presents and groceries on Saturday and taking my Mom out for her b'day on Sunday.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? During the carriage ride did anyone notice that when Prince William saluted something, Catherine would look down? I'm going to look that tradition up sometime today.

Have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? I can't think of a thing because I do write pretty much everything down. I hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?

Oddly enough (for me) the Crucifixion of Christ. For purely non-religious reasons I would like to know what really happened and be able to chronicle the events leading up to it. Comparing that to the current version of events would undoubtedly be a fascinating experience.

Extra Credit Question:

Depending on the weather (rain/no rain) outside work. Trimming bushes, trees, etc. Might need to do a little extra fertilizing out front. I have an area that isn't greening up as fast as the rest. I have at least one bush to pull and replace. Leaves to suck up and toss in the compost bin. I'm sure once I get out there I'll find plenty of other stuff to do. Today I'm beveling the new and the existing
ledger boards for the awning and priming them. I am also going to clean and prime the siding where they bolt to the house. If they dry fast enough I'll put them back on the house today, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Just for Fun:

For those that watched the R. Wedding What wedding?

What were some of the things stood out to you ? My total lack of interest.

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published
1941 - The Boston Bees agreed to rename the National League team the Braves, the name they used prior to 1935.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb;
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Mrs. Tek claims this is how I learn. When Jeopardy has a religious category I usually run it. I have never read the bible and do not attend church. She claims it's because of the shows I watch on TV...

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day My second favorite joke subject!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ?
I don't know, I usually have to write everything down anyway

Bonus Question:

Jesus being born and his life

Extra Credit Question:

Let's see....tomorrow I'm having a yard sale and Sunday I think I'll be visiting a few thrift stores and flea markets

Just for Fun:

Didn't get to see it, but I'm watching the highlights right now

Kate looked beautiful!!

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day............I'll take the shrimp without the scampi
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day.............ok
Sense of Smell Day........................I smell the smell of something that smells smelly
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day........................

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 04-29-2011 at 08:01 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? When I got to the grocery store and couldn't remember everything I needed.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? Building of the pyramids.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Planting trees; maybe an auction tomorrow.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? The simple elegance of Kate's dress and how much in love they seem to be.

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published An important staple of my educational years and I still use an online Thesaurus frequently.
1941 - The Boston Bees agreed to rename the National League team the Braves, the name they used prior to 1935.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate I used to know someone who had a piece of it framed and hanging on the wall.

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb;
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day

Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Last time I eished I wrote something down was when waking up after a dream, sometimes dreams tell you something and if I dont write it down after they wake me up, ite easy to forget.
I wish I would have been old enough to see Woodstock.
As for the royal wedding, enough of the hype already, every news channel is focusing only on that and Id like to know what else is going on in the world. Well wait a minute, they are showing a tornado report now on channel 7.

And bring on the shrimp scampi, yummy!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? - I don't know, I needed a crayon... - LOL.. When you try to write down something somebody is talking about, that's not writing, more like.. scribbling!

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? - Something very positive, not a disaster, or an assasination or something that caused wars, I would have loved witnessing the parting of the Red Sea when Moses led his people out of Egypt into the promised land, or everything Jesus did, or... when the Wright Brothers made their first successful powered and controlled flight at Kitty Hawk Beach, North Carolina on December 17, 1903.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? - 2 words, Yard Work..

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? - Who's R? Who got married?

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 04-29-2011 at 09:05 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down"? Should have wrote down the grocey list instead of trying to do it by rote. Forgot some things.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person? The discovery of gold at Sutter's Mill, the California Gold Rush.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Goin' to the Home & Garden Show.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you? What's an R wedding. Is that when J R got shot?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics