Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 AM

16,672 posts, read 17,437,937 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

As I suggested yesterday, after my exertions at getting the rooms upstairs straight after the burst pipe incident, today's peeve is;

Aching limbs and joints!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 01:01 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,221 times
When I started work in April after 2 years of being un-employed I was sore for weeks. I went from basically being depressed and puttering about to lifting, bending, stooping and having to be nice while doing it. All the while every muscle and joint in my body was screaming in pain.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Wife and I were speaking to a lady in a local pharmacy earlier today. She had operations on her hands for Carpal Tunnel. She showed us the scaring and explained that things were always worse after each operation. Seems like as with back problems most are made worse by surgeries. Yeah my knees kill me when i bend down on them.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Great peeve Jeezer. For over 4 months now I've been dealing with pain from head to toe 24/7. We had to make some r/x changes and also some pain medicine changes yet to no avail The best and strongest pain killers from the past have been taken off the market by the FDA.

Last edited by wit-nit; 11-18-2011 at 01:41 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Amen to that!

I have arthritis in my hands and knees along with a benign tumor in my right wrist ( new diagnosis ).

Right now, it all hurts!

Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
I remember that good ole days when I wasnt even aware that I had joints. For the past few years, I've lain in bed each morning trying to work up the courage to take those first few steps. But now my joints (especially my right foot -- I had all the joints of that mid-foot fused late last year and am still trying to recover from that) are doing so much better.

My rheumatologist recently gave me a prescription for an awesome pain reliever called RYBIX ODT (orally-dissolving tablet). it's primary ingredient is Tramadol, which, in pill form. does nothing for my pain. But the orally-dissolving stuff works wonders and doesnt upset my stomach like regular Tramadol.

The kicker is that, even with insurance and the manufacturer's coupon, a month's supply of RYBIX ODT costs @ $300.00. And the generic, TRAMADOL ODT, isnt available in the US yet. So I get my prescription filled through the mail at a reputable Canadian pharmacy -- $100 for 120 orally-dissolving tablets (50 mg), which lasts me about four months. It's good stuff, Maynard.

The doctor gave me some samples before I had the prescription filled, to ensure that it worked for me. You might ask your doctor if he can get some samples for you.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
After 2 trips to China and receiving some massage over there, incorporating deep kneading and gentle pounding of the body, I learned something: the pounding snaps the toxins out of the body quicker than regular massage.

That's what I do now when I get some pain somewhere, I pound, pound, pound! And sometimes, not so gently!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
After 2 trips to China and receiving some massage over there, incorporating deep kneading and gentle pounding of the body, I learned something: the pounding snaps the toxins out of the body quicker than regular massage.

That's what I do now when I get some pain somewhere, I pound, pound, pound! And sometimes, not so gently!

I live in the Chinatown area of Houston and have had several Chinese torture -- I mean, massage -- treatments. Believe me, these guys never heard of "gentle pounding" . They beat up on my back and legs to the point where I truly could not get out of bed for days afterward. The last time I had such a massage, I was laid up for a week with sciatica. After the sciatica eased up, my joints did feel better -- but I dont know if I can bring myself to endure that pain again. I cant believe that the aftereffects of massage should hurt that much.

However, I had those massages before I got the prescription for Rybix ODT. Maybe I should try taking them before and after the rough massages. So, if you find yourself in Houston, tij, let me know. Maybe you can pound on me a while.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I live in the Chinatown area of Houston and have had several Chinese torture -- I mean, massage -- treatments. Believe me, these guys never heard of "gentle pounding" . They beat up on my back and legs to the point where I truly could not get out of bed for days afterward. The last time I had such a massage, I was laid up for a week with sciatica. After the sciatica eased up, my joints did feel better -- but I dont know if I can bring myself to endure that pain again. I cant believe that the aftereffects of massage should hurt that much.

However, I had those massages before I got the prescription for Rybix ODT. Maybe I should try taking them before and after the rough massages. So, if you find yourself in Houston, tij, let me know. Maybe you can pound on me a while.
Do you drink alot of water after afterward??? When I was seeing a chiropractor for an OTJ injury I was told to drink as much water as I could handle to wash out the toxins...the massage therepist told me the same thing.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:32 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times
Anyone with minor to major joint pain from whatever the reason fully appreciates this peeve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics