Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

What's the chances of that! I decide to drive down to a local town in convoy with Mrs J to have an early morning cup of coffee before she then carries on to work, and I head back up here.

I can't remember the last time we did this but today it coincided with a traffic incident (I don't like using the word accident) on the main East West coastal road which meant that traffic in the area was backed up all over the place.

I got back to close to home where I was chatting to someone else who had got tied up in the mayhem. She hadn't realised that I had just come back from there and she was kindly advising me to avoid the area.

The POTD is;

One incident messes up the whole area.

Mod note: Changed thread title to say "October" instead of "September."

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-03-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
I managed to find some interesting photos.

They are of a privately owned castle that is not open to the public. Due to my work I have been there and have been shown round. I'll show some exterior shots.

The castle is of Tudor origin, ie 16th Century. However, and I'm not making this up, it is of Swedish design and is triangular in shape! There aren't many of those to be found in Southern England!

The parts connecting the three turrets were heavily modified in the very early part of the 19th Century by the same architect responsible for the Neo Gothic work carried out at 'my' place.

Hope you find it interesting;

Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times

Good morning.

Happens everyone once in a while. I hate it when I"m pressed for time or late .

Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Good peeve, another one would be forgetting what month it is?

Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,308,704 times
Jezer, great peeve and fabulous pics!!! But I think you're gonna take some teasing over the date up there. LOL

The castle is beautiful against the backdrop of a storm moving in. Awesome shots!!! Timing can be everything!

Traffic mishaps and jams... they were the bane of my existence when I was a truck driver. Especially when around Atlanta, Chicago, D.C. and New York. ARGGGGGHHHHHH and tons of dirty words !!!
In other words... I hate them!

Thanks for the pics and the fun peeve too! You're the best!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Good peeve, Jezer.

Oh, and it's good to see that I'm not the only one who still thinks it's September

Old 10-03-2013, 07:14 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,137 times
Castles are so beautiful!

Ack! I hate when there are traffic problems, especially when I'm driving home in the morning after a night shift. Inevitably there is a problem somewhere...if its not a traffic accident its construction....

Excellent peeve!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
The POTD is;

Another good peeve, Jezer. As I drove to work this morning, I heard on the traffic report that there was a crash on I-65 and Hwy 2, which is a route that some of my co-workers take. Northbound traffic on the Interstate was/is stopped, so thousands of people were/are sitting in their cars, stopped on the highway, helpless to get to work on time. I was glad not to count myself among them.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
The POTD is;

There's a spot like this in my town (well, many many dangerous intersections, but this is the worst).
MFJ, which stands for MalFunction Junction, a 5-way snarl that is already bad enough-
but then the train goes through (nothing against trains, it's just poor location/siting).
Traffic comes to a near-standstill, backed up all along the streets, snaking up into the residential neighborhoods, blocking routes throughout the town.

It's a very dense and hilly town, with serpentine little roads, so getting anywhere around town is a zig-zag of up, down, and side-to-side. Add the train to the mix, and things go haywire for a bit there.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Good peeve, Jezer.

Oh, and it's good to see that I'm not the only one who still thinks it's September
I took care of that little detail.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics