Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:56 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times

Advertisements

A warmhearted greeting all the way from Ontario/Canada. Taking a chance here ..I had to shovel myself all the way towards FRYDAY's Questions..boy is it icy and snowy here

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today?

2. Is it cold where you live today?

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year?

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is?

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing?

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck?

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft?

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency?

Time for FOODIE questions: Choose 1 of them only...

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts
f)Red beets or turnips
g)Meatloaf or meatballs
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of?

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order?

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn?

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be?

14.What is your favorite color and why?

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"?

Time to close the books,but there is one more question...

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin?

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

I thank you for participating here today. Another weekend is approaching,therefore take some time to relax,enjoy the good things in life and take a moment and make it your moment . Auf Wiedersehen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 08:00 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Can't complain!

2. Is it cold where you live today? Not that cold. Right now, it's 50F/10C.

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? I'm always on a budget.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Yes.

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Yes. I experienced it once.

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? We don't use winter tires here. Besides, the previous owner of my car bought the tires, so I don't know what brand they are.

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? Not sure. Maybe an aircraft engineer?

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? Between 35-40 MPH

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi Papaya
b)Red or yellow potatoes Yellow
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate Cranberries
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise Mayonnaise
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts Walnuts
f)Red beets or turnips Neither
g)Meatloaf or meatballs Meatballs
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup Creamed broccoli

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Oatmeal/cereal and fruit juice.

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? Wienerschnitzel and apple strudel

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? Black Forest cake

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? My mom. She's a good cook and she's very resourceful.

14.What is your favorite color and why? Blue because to me, it's a calming color.

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? No.

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Galapagos Islands.

HAPPY FIRST FRIDAY OF 2014, EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by Dennis P; 01-03-2014 at 08:12 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 08:09 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Not too bad!

2. Is it cold where you live today? 8 degrees F. I would say 'yes'.

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? No.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Sort of... lol

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Usually because it's colder aloft than at ground level?

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? We have year round tires here. No need to change them for the seasons.

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? Smarter than I am.

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? Is this being graded???

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes red
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate cranberries
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise mayo
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts walnuts
f)Red beets or turnips neither
g)Meatloaf or meatballs meatballs
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup neither

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? cereals and fruit

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? no idea

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? Cake!

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? can I bring my dog instead?

14.What is your favorite color and why? purple. I find almost all shades appealing

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? been there, done that

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Galapagos - I knew this was a test!!!

Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
A warmhearted greeting all the way from Ontario/Canada. Taking a chance here ..I had to shovel myself all the way towards FRYDAY's Questions..boy is it icy and snowy here

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Too early to tell yet

2. Is it cold where you live today? Warm and sunny start of the day it should get up into the low 70s

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? No there's too many unknowns at this time.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? No

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Because it's heavy

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? crafty

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? Fast before you run out of it

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi Papaya
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate Cranberries
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise Mayonnaise
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts Walnuts
f)Red beets or turnips let Mikey try it
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup let Mikey try it!

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Orange juice, toast and coffee

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? Beef Stroganoff

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? Apple Strudel

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? Scotty "Beam me up, Scotty"

14.What is your favorite color and why? Blue

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? no

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Galapagos Islands

Chief Dan George

I thank you for participating here today. Another weekend is approaching,therefore take some time to relax,enjoy the good things in life and take a moment and make it your moment . Auf Wiedersehen!

Enjoy the day stay safe and warm!
~ AksarbeN (2014) lol

Last edited by AksarbeN; 01-03-2014 at 08:24 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Happy Fryday!

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Fine so far

2. Is it cold where you live today? Very! one degree!

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? no

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? yes

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? because it can

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? we don't put winter tires on our vehicles

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? aircraft designer

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi papaya
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate pomegranate
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise sour cream
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts walnuts
f)Red beets or turnips red beets
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup cauliflower

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? a cup of green tea

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? sausage and saukraut

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? A

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? my husband

14.What is your favorite color and why? blue. I've always liked that color

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? yes, eventually

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Galapagos Islands

Chief Dan George

I thank you for participating here today. Another weekend is approaching,therefore take some time to relax,enjoy the good things in life and take a moment and make it your moment . Auf Wiedersehen![/quote]

Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
A warmhearted greeting all the way from Ontario/Canada. Taking a chance here ..I had to shovel myself all the way towards FRYDAY's Questions..boy is it icy and snowy here It's very snowy and icy here today, too, Alm! I love it!

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Wonderfully. It's a beautiful, sunny day and there's lots of snow on the ground from storms that passed through the last three days. It's gorgeous out there - nice and cold, the way I like it. It was -5F when I left the house this morning.

2. Is it cold where you live today? Haha. Yep. Right now it's a balmy 0 degrees F.

3. Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? I don't have a particular budget. I'm fairly frugal all of the time, so an occasional splurge doesn't break the bank.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Yep. I had a meteorology class in college. But I knew the names of various types of clouds before that. Weather has always interested me.

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Because the air is colder up there in the clouds where the snow originates.

6. What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? I have all-weather tires year-round. Right now I have 2 Dunlop tires and 2 Michelin tires.

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? Gee, I don't know. Is there a term for this? I'd just guess it's an engineer. And maybe for the big airliners they seek the input of an architect for the cabin design.

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? I'm not sure about this one, either. Perhaps 50 on the highway? Although if someone drove 50 on a 55+ mph highway around here, they've have a lot of angry drivers behind them.

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts
f)Red beets or turnips
g)Meatloaf or meatballs

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Either a bowl of whole-grain oatmeal (steel cut is my favorite) or a Kashi granola bar.

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? Sausages or Jagersnitzel. Plus red cabbage and potatoes.

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? I've made (a) and (b) before, so I'll take a lesson on making hazel/mocha torte. It sounds heavenly!

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? My sister. We never tire of spending time together.

14.What is your favorite color and why? Green. It reminds me of nature.

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? Is that a new movie coming out? I probably won't see it. I don't get to the movie theatre very often. When I retire I'll watch more movies.

Time to close the books, but there is one more question...

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Off the top of my head, I'll guess the Galapagos.

Chief Dan George

I thank you for participating here today. Another weekend is approaching, therefore take some time to relax, enjoy the good things in life and take a moment and make it your moment . Auf Wiedersehen! Hey, your advice matches that I gave in Today's Tip! We're on the same wavelength, Alm! Happy Friday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-03-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Smooth sailing so far.

2. Is it cold where you live today? YES!!!!!

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? Not really, but I'm always careful to purchase things on sale.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Yes

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Yes

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? I really don't know. This is something that I would have paid attention to in my automotive career.

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? An engineer.

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? My vehicle gives me this information but I don't really pay any attention to it. Too much stuff on my vehicle.

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts
f)Red beets or turnips
g)Meatloaf or meatballs

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Oatmeal

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? I would need help from our waitress more than likely.

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn?

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? Hubby of course.

14.What is your favorite color and why? Green. It's a soothing color for me.

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? No

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin?

Chief Dan George

I thank you for participating here today. Another weekend is approaching,therefore take some time to relax,enjoy the good things in life and take a moment and make it your moment . Auf Wiedersehen

Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Good so far.

2. Is it cold where you live today? In the low 60s today.

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? Not a budget, but I know my limits -- no E-type Jaguars on my shopping list.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Yes.

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Colder up higher in the atmosphere.

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? Sorry -- no idea without checking.

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? Aerospace engineer.

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? 55?

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts
f)Red beets or turnips
g)Meatloaf or meatballs

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Seldom eat breakfast. If I'm out, it's eggs over easy, crispy bacon and hash browns. If I'm home, an omelet or cereal.

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? Probably weiner schnitzel.

12.You are given the opportunity to learn how to make a) Apple Strudel b) Black Forest Cake c) Hazel/Mocha Torte...which would you like to learn? Black Forest Cake.

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? Tom.

14.What is your favorite color and why? Green -- color of nature.

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? Nope.

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Galapagos

Thanks Alm and happy Friday all.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today? Good but sleepy ... I'll wake up soon enough as I'm seeing Disney on Ice today in Long Beach

2. Is it cold where you live today? The temps are cooling a bit today where today's highs are in the low 70's versus the 80 degree weather we've been having ... (That's Fahrenheit )

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year? Uh ... Budget ... What's THAT?? Define that term

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is? Nope

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing? Uh ... I dunno ... Don't even know what "snow" is

6.What name brand of winter tires do you have on your car/truck? I have no clue about winter tires as I don't even own a car and those things aren't needed in my neck of woods

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft? Aerospace Engineer?

8. What speed should one drive to get maximum fuel efficiency? Uh ... I dunno

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts
f)Red beets or turnips (Sorry but red beets tastes like barf )
g)Meatloaf or meatballs

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of? Whatever's in the Chatterfridge

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order? Since I'm not too familiar with German food, I'd see if there was a appetizer sampler or order a few items to try.

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be? One of my two closests friends

14.What is your favorite color and why? Yellow because it's a happy color

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"? No

16.What famous islands west of Ecuador were extensively studied by Charles Darwin? Like I'd know the answer this early in the morning

Old 01-03-2014, 09:42 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
Mornin all!

1.Good morning and good day, how is life treating you today?
Can't complain. The snow here is absolutely beautiful!

2. Is it cold where you live today?
Yes, but a still tolerable 12. Monday and Tuesday may not get above 0!

3.Are you planning to be on a certain budget when and if you do shop this year?
No. I don't really shop all that much.

4. Do you know what a Stratus cloud is?
I do.

5.Why can snow fall when temperatures are above freezing?
I think it has something to do with humidity.

My tires are year-round. But I remember when we used to put chains on our tires for traction!

7.What do you call a person that designs an aircraft?
My guess would be that an engineer does that, but I don't know for sure. I'm more sure about the "snow above freezing" question.

Someone once told me 45mph, but it's a math question, and I'm way not mathematically inclined, so I believed them, and drive 70 anyway.

9.a)Papaya or Kiwi
b)Red or yellow potatoes Yes
c)Cranberries or Pomegranate Yes
d)Sour creme or Mayonnaise Depends on what I'm using it for.
e)Walnuts or Pine nuts, definitely!
f)Red beets or turnips Yes
g)Meatloaf or meatballs No real opinion
h)Creamed broccoli or creamed cauliflower soup Yes
Sorry, some of them I just can't choose between.

10)What does your typical breakfast consist of?
More often than not, cereal, hot or cold. Just this morning it was fried eggs and soy bacon.

11.)If you would sit in a German Restaurant what would you order?
I want to taste real saurekraut!!!

The apple strudel

13.If someone told you that you have to live on an isolated island for 1 year, but can bring 1 person with you,who would it be?
Hubby. I could learn a lot of survival tricks from him.

14.What is your favorite color and why?
This one! My hair is red, and love to wear all shades of green to play it up.

15.Are you planning to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"?
I am. Hubby, not so much. Might have to go alone.

Galapagos

Chief Dan George

Thanx for the Qs Almrausch.
Have a good weekend everyone! If it's cold where you are, stay toasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics