Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:59 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,070,158 times

Advertisements

Friday greetings, kids! Scroll on down for Today's Tip.

FRAYED SHOE LACE?

Sometimes the end of a shoe lace becomes frayed and difficult to put
through the hole when lacing up. Here's an easy way to remedy the
situation.

First, snip off the frayed end of the shoe lace. Then dip the end of the
lace into a bottle of clear nail polish. Leave it in the bottle for about
20 seconds so that the lace will soak up some of the polish. Remove
and let dry.

Your shoe lace will be good as new!

Image courtesy ofwww.dailyclipart.net.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-06-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 09:02 AM

126,283 posts, read 19,057,756 times
That is a great tip Pam and I tried it once too Have a good weekend Pam

Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
who would have thought it! Another Great tip.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:03 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,133,395 times
I bought new footwear. Now I have been wearing it for a few months the laces have gotten longer...and now the left lace has me really, really annoyed!
Now I might just cut them shorter and use this handy dandy tip...and then I'll have all that extra nail polish to repair the fraying wraps on some of my fishing poles and keep it in one of my tackle boxes as a fishing accessory.
Win-win...thanks, Pammy!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:34 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,440,619 times
Aha! So that's what you do!

Thanks Pam.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:47 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I bought new footwear. Now I have been wearing it for a few months the laces have gotten longer...and now the left lace has me really, really annoyed!
Now I might just cut them shorter and use this handy dandy tip...and then I'll have all that extra nail polish to repair the fraying wraps on some of my fishing poles and keep it in one of my tackle boxes as a fishing accessory.
Win-win...thanks, Pammy!
Good idea to just shorten those laces, roosty.

Also a great bonus tip for repairing your fishing pole wraps.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
Dear Pam,

Once again I find myself in hot water for using your Today's Tip. Not having a wife, girlfriend or significant other I did not have any nail polish. So I went to the store to buy a bottle of nail polish. Have you seen the price of nail polish? Not wanting to spend all that money on something I will only use for 20 seconds, I went over to the counter where they had samples on display. When I took off my work boots off so that I could dip the laces in a sample bottle of polish things started going downhill. Several customers started making rude comments that were totally uncalled for. Rather than telling the customers to stop making rude comments, the clerk made a phone call instead. A few minutes later a security guard showed up. Confident the security guard would deal with the rude customers I proceeded to dip my boot laces in a polish sample. Much to my surprise the security guard ignored the customers making rude comments and tackled me instead. About that time several more security guards showed up. I don't know why they felt it was necessary to hit me several times and spray mace in my face. Next thing I know I find myself being tossed out the back door of the store.

Well the mace has just about worn off so I need to start checking the dumpsters behind the store to see if I can locate my boots.

Alaskan Mutt

Old 02-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Dear Pam,

Once again I find myself in hot water for using your Today's Tip. Not having a wife, girlfriend or significant other I did not have any nail polish. So I went to the store to buy a bottle of nail polish. Have you seen the price of nail polish? Not wanting to spend all that money on something I will only use for 20 seconds, I went over to the counter where they had samples on display. When I took off my work boots off so that I could dip the laces in a sample bottle of polish things started going downhill. Several customers started making rude comments that were totally uncalled for. Rather than telling the customers to stop making rude comments, the clerk made a phone call instead. A few minutes later a security guard showed up. Confident the security guard would deal with the rude customers I proceeded to dip my boot laces in a polish sample. Much to my surprise the security guard ignored the customers making rude comments and tackled me instead. About that time several more security guards showed up. I don't know why they felt it was necessary to hit me several times and spray mace in my face. Next thing I know I find myself being tossed out the back door of the store.

Well the mace has just about worn off so I need to start checking the dumpsters behind the store to see if I can locate my boots.

Alaskan Mutt

Funniest post ever on CD!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,850,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Dear Pam,

Alaskan Mutt
LOL! Funny stuff AM! Moral of this story is ..do your nails first, so they have time to dry before the **** hits the fan!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Good idea to just shorten those laces, roosty.

Yay! Shortened, just like you shortened, "February"! ...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics