Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,882,460 times

Advertisements

The first person to respond will then announce a "Topic" for discussion*. It can be as unclear, ambiguous and vague as you'd like it. Being of interest to the masses is a plus! Being informative is not necessary.

Remember the "Topic" you choose can be in any form. One or several words or phrase form. Please highlight your choice of topic in some manner.

* No politics or other ugly topics please.

Thanks to all for your contributions, large or small!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 PM
bjh

60,108 posts, read 30,425,189 times
Has pets been a subject? If so feel free to move on to and choose another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRzsgCp60YU

Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM

24,773 posts, read 28,548,112 times
More than 1 cat in the house you have to be a Saint...
This is my little beloved fir ball.. "HER" !! name was MT as in Multiple Toes a Hemmingway Cat. 9 toes on front paws and 7-8 toes on rear paws. Would sit on her butt like a prairie dog and eat... grasp the dry food with her paw and also drink from her paw.. She was the "Queen" of the house. Any thing going on outdoors day or night she would come get me.. biting my finger or ear lob was a extreme emergency that had to be taken care of " NOW".. Unfortunately I lost my little kitty 2 years before moving to Tennessee.. Took my soul.. I just could not have another animal and have to go through that again..

My helper when I was painting the house before my move...

Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM

27,357 posts, read 27,411,236 times
Pets, good topic!

Id love to have a wolf. But its hard to find a domesticated one.
Im supposed to meet up with my buddy at work, the new guy, he says he has a pet snake (a 5' boa) and Id love to see it, hold it, he says its really friendly and that I can hold it. Some people have really strange pets.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 PM

27,357 posts, read 27,411,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
This is my little beloved fir ball.. "HER" !! name was MT as in Multiple Toes a Hemmingway Cat. 9 toes on front paws and 7-8 toes on rear paws. Would sit on her butt like a prairie dog and eat... grasp the dry food with her paw and also drink from her paw.. She was the "Queen" of the house. Any thing going on outdoors day or night she would come get me.. biting my finger or ear lob was a extreme emergency that had to be taken care of " NOW".. Unfortunately I lost my little kitty 2 years before moving to Tennessee.. Took my soul.. I just could not have another animal and have to go through that again..

He's beautiful! (or she?)

Old 03-22-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
He's beautiful! (or she?)
She... the Queen of the house and she knew it..

Old 03-22-2015, 08:08 PM
bjh

60,108 posts, read 30,425,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post

Awesome.

We've had many cats over the years. When one passes away another inevitably comes along. it seems.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,882,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Has pets been a subject? If so feel free to move on to and choose another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRzsgCp60YU
Beats me BJ! But "pets" are worthy of more than once around. Thanks!

Sorry for the loss of your little MT Tin Man! I've lost many cats and a few dogs. I didn't think I'd ever take on another and be subject to the heartache again. But now we have this puppy that's grown now and as much a part of the family as any before him. We have to accept they can only fill so much of our life's as their's are simply shorter.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:10 PM

In the beginning with MT.. She was a stray cat... she was taken from her mother when she was 3-5 days old. A person I knew very well in Florida would hang out at the local 7-11 for her medications.. she found a cat with kittens.. so being the way she was she took one not having any clue what she was doing or day or year.. Knowing this individual I found this little kitten in her hand bag.. she had no clue what it was again or day or year.. So I tucked the little kitten in my shirt pocket and feed it around the clock using a eye dropper and baby formula till her eyes opened about 5--7 days once she was fit enough to travel we went to the Vet and she had all her shots.. and that's how this little fur ball stole my heart. She was all most 10 when I lost her a trait with feral cats.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Awesome.

We've had many cats over the years. When one passes away another inevitably comes along. it seems.
I keep saying NO... I just don't want to go through that.. I had cats and dogs when I was growing up.. Mostly hunting dogs.. and in the late spring when the kittens wondered out of the hay loft I would take one home.. and something would happen 1-2 years later.. then repeat.. as a kid you don't really get the bond like I did with this kitty... more to the story but I will leave that alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics