Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:16 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times

Advertisements

Over the past couple of days many of us had turkey, got sleepy and napped. If you're ready, you can wake up with . .

Today's Random Questions:
Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager?
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job?

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind?

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about:

Ever get fed up with pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury?

Some days I just feel like:

What was your last non-food purchase?

I was just sitting here watching Shark Tank. So tell us. If you had everything you needed to
start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have?

Foodie Qs:
What kind was your last slice of:
-pie?
-cake?
-pizza?

What's another food served in slices?

This is gonna be a tough one for some.
Which would you rather: Steakhouse with a great salad bar -OR- barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings?

Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday?

Today Includes:
Cake Day
Small Business Saturday

Today's Quote:
"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
~ Spanish proverb

Today’s Word:
obfuscate [ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] verb obfuscated, obfuscating
to deliberately make something confusing or difficult to understand; muddle, perplex; cloud
Antonym: clarify
Origin: Late Latin obfuscatus, 'fusc' to darken

Have a clearly happy Saturday!

Last edited by bjh; 11-25-2016 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: clarify ;)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 08:24 PM

11,373 posts, read 9,288,232 times
- No
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job? - Paper route, delivering fliers for a local market, later working inside the market.

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? - I am.

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: - Just about anything I am interested in. Examples are nature, science, politics, some sports. My favorite genre of movies by far.

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? - No

Some days I just feel like: crap, mentally.

What was your last non-food purchase? - A Michael Moore movie I watched last night from Amazon.

I was just sitting here watching Shark Tank. So tell us. If you had everything you needed to
start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have?
D/K

Foodie Qs:
-pie?
- Hmmmm. It's been a while.
-cake? - Cherry cheesecake 3-4 days ago.
-pizza? - A week - 10 days ago.

What's another food served in slices? - They have been slicing my black olives at the salad bar I usually get my lunch from lately. Not sure how I feel about that or why they started doing it.
Sliced cucumbers are very delicious

This is gonna be a tough one for some. Steakhouse with a great salad bar or barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings? - Okay, I'd like to check out the salad bar.

Just for fun:
- Haircut is the only thing planned. Laundry is likely.

Thanks, bjh.
Happy Saturday to all!

Last edited by John13; 11-25-2016 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-25-2016, 08:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,850,284 times
Over the past couple of days many of us had turkey, got sleepy and napped. If you're ready, you can wake up with . .

Odd jobs at Grandparents store or my dad's shop and other things.

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury?

....a nut. Pecans ,almonds or cashews etc.
A c clamp.
I like manufacturing.

Foodie Qs:
-pie? Coconut a little while ago.
-cake? Cupcake ...
-pizza? Pepperoni and Italian sausage.

Turkey, cantaloupe, ham.....
This is gonna be a tough one for some. Steakhouse with a great salad bar or barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings?
Couldn't name one at the moment.

Just for fun:
Being bored at home.

Today Includes:
Cake Day
Small Business Saturday

Today's Quote:
~ Spanish proverb

Today’s Word:
to deliberately make something confusing or difficult to understand; muddle, perplex; cloud

Thanks BJH! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-25-2016 at 08:59 PM..

Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager? Shoveled snow & cut grass
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job? I also had become employed washing dishes during the summer at a restaurant in the small town, then worked after school stocking shelves at the grocery store for extra money.

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? An old school friend of mine is colorblind and also my wife's brother-in-law.

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: Most anything on travel, history or science that is good.

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? Not mad at myself but disappointed in having an injury.

Some days I just feel like: The world's a poor place for many people who are having trouble or issues with their life.

What was your last non-food purchase? I bought a new pc/tablet last week.

start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have? coffee shop with lots of extras to attack and keep customers coming back.

Foodie Qs:
-pie? pumpkin
-cake? angle-food
-pizza? Italian sausage

What's another food served in slices? pickles, ham, roast beef, pork roast, turkey, lemons, limes, carets, potatoes & potatoes chips, watermellon, canalop, cheese, brownies, bread, and cucumbers..............

This is gonna be a tough one for some. Steakhouse with a great salad bar or barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings? Can't think of a steakhouse with a salad bar.....

Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday? Staying home and out of the stores and helping around the house.

Today Includes:
Cake Day
Small Business Saturday

Today's Quote:
~ Spanish proverb

Today’s Word:

Last edited by AksarbeN; 11-25-2016 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-25-2016, 08:58 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Over the past couple of days many of us had turkey, got sleepy and napped. If you're ready, you can wake up with . . I use a snort of WD40 it's refreshing after a meal

Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager? Yes Mowed Grass.. I had a empire at 11-12 living on a lake up north and every one from the city had a small beer drinking card playing cottage. And a little patch of green out front by the water 20x40. To get a lawn mower down a bank 40--100 feet high and many steps was a choir.. but enterprising kid with a small boat and lawn mower.. word of mouth I was pulling in the dough. 3-5 bucks a whack.. If the guy look like a factory worker with kids $3 but if he looked like a VIP geek $5 it worked.. had the mower up in the bow.. pick it up set it on the sea wall.. and mow.. plus checked out the ladies and got free food from the wife.. or his daughter !!!
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job? as above

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? ....

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: ..... Whales - Cows - Birds - living creatures non-humans

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? O yes

Some days I just feel like: Empty oil can.. hollow inside.. needs something...

What was your last non-food purchase? LOL ... Non food T paper single ply... at Staples Office Supply.. I found out using cash register tape is cheaper.. BUTT rough

I do " Artisan " stuff.. FOG < Found on Ground along a road.. when it piles up.. I arrange it... till it makes something...

Foodie Qs:
-pie? ....................... Pumpkin - Peacon - Apple - Cherry - Chocolate
-cake? ...................... Chocolate - NYC Cheese Cake
-pizza? ........................ Pepperoni - Mushroom - Cheese 10 incher..

What's another food served in slices? Cheese - Apples - Cake - Baklava -

This is gonna be a tough one for some. Steakhouse with a great salad bar or barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings? Where ???? I have not see one in a long time...

Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday? Take the clothes down to the crick.. and pounding a rock on them

Today Includes:
Cake Day
Small Business Saturday

Today's Quote:
~ Spanish proverb

Today’s Word:
Antonym: clarify................................... like > WHATCHAMACALLIT

Thanks BJH... Have a great weekend.. and more turkey in the ice box..

Old 11-25-2016, 09:04 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,709 times

Babysat. I wasn't allowed to use the lawn mower.

No.

Let me see a list and I'll choose something.

Not really mad, just annoyed. A few years ago I was doing an exercise that I was unfamiliar with and a flash of pain shot up the back of my neck and head. A couple of days later a tiny lump appeared behind my ear. Even though I was 99% sure it was because the exercise, I convinced myself that I had lymphoma. Of course I didn't go to the doctor because I don't do that. So I stressed out about it until it eventually went away. This sort of thing happens all the time.

Madness.

This evening a black and white blouse and black purse. I also bid on a vintage 80's Swatch Watch on Ebay that no one else seems interested in so far so I'll probably end up with that.

My business ideas are fleeting.

Foodie Qs:

-pie?

Cherry

-cake?

I don't remember.

-pizza?

Buffalo chicken

Uh ...

This is gonna be a tough one for some. Steakhouse with a great salad bar or barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings?

I don't eat steak but I'll take a salad. Same with the BBQ except for chicken.

[b]Just for fun:

Don't know.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 PM

21,548 posts, read 8,729,914 times
No grass-cutting for me, but I babysat and took in ironing to supplement my lavish $1 a week allowance.
Just what I mentioned above.
My father was colorblind.
Birds
Yes, often these things happen when I am careless and not paying attention.
Curling up on the sofa with a teddy bear and a fuzzy blankie.
I bought an oil change for my car.
I would sell used books.
Foodie Qs:
-pie?
Pumpkin pie with dinner tonight
-cake?
Chocolate brownie ice cream cake
-pizza?
Pizza Capriccioso, which is a pizza topped with prosciutto, mushrooms, artichokes, arugula and cheeses.

Banana bread

Which would you rather: Steakhouse with a great salad bar -OR- barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings?
I'll take the barbecue sampler plate, please.

Just for fun:
I normally go to the gym with a girlfriend, but because it's a holiday weekend and she's out of town, I might skip it.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
Default Saturday

Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager? Yes, I babysat twin boys
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job? picked up my parent's cigarette butts

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? no

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: amish people

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? yes, week before last I fell off the treadmill

Some days I just feel like: crap

What was your last non-food purchase? a new stopper for the water tank on my Shark steam mop

start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have? Nothing I can think of

Foodie Qs:
-pie? apple
-cake? none
-pizza? Costco combo pizza

What's another food served in slices? cheese, lunch meat

Which would you rather: Steakhouse with a great salad bar -OR- barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings? BBQ

[b]Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday? Dread going to work on Monday 274 work days until I retire.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:59 PM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager? When I was 8 years old I had a neighborhood lawn mowing service. I used a hand mower and got .25 cents per yard. Average yard was 50' x 60'.
-Or how else did you earn cash in hand, besides an "official" job? In high school,, after school, at a nearby mom & pop cafe I washed dishes for .75 cents per hour. Eventually saved up $75.00 and bought my first car a 1939 Ford Sedan.

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? Nope.

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: Outer space.

Ever get mad at yourself for pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? Many times. Someone even got mad at me once for pulling their leg.

Some days I just feel like: Ridin' my horse.

What was your last non-food purchase? Surge protector for $1.00 at a yard sale today.

start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have? One that makes a lot of money. Mark Cuban would be my partner.

Foodie Qs:
-pie? Pumpkin
-cake? Lemon
-pizza? Pepperoni, sausage and mushroom, bacon, thin crust.

What's another food served in slices? Canned peaches.

Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday? Rain is predicted so we'll have to wait & see how heavy it is. Probably watch football all day.

danke bjh

Old 11-25-2016, 10:04 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times

Did you cut the neighbor's grass or babysit as a teenager? Babysat.

Are you or anyone you know of colorblind? Yes

I'd be happy to watch a documentary about: how life was in the 1800's.

Ever get fed up with pulling a muscle or some other annoying injury? Yes

Some days I just feel like: not leaving the house

What was your last non-food purchase? Coat, boots, PJ pants (Christmas gift)

start a business you would enjoy - and let's say you wanted to - what type business would you have? Something with fashion.

Foodie Qs:
-pie? Pumpkin and pecan
-cake? Vanilla cupcake
-pizza? Cheese deep pan

What's another food served in slices? Cheese

Which would you rather: Steakhouse with a great salad bar -OR- barbecue sampler plate with all the trimmings? Steakhouse

[b]Just for fun:
What are your plans for this Sunday? Putting up and decorating my Christmas tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics