Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 02:14 AM

16,735 posts, read 17,514,161 times

Advertisements

Bonjour á tous!

Enough of the French!

Yep, we're back safe and sound from France after nearly two and a half weeks away.

Many thanks to Bayarea4 for doing a couple of great peeves.

We flew out with a particular airline, and frustratingly the size of bags allowed in the cabin was smaller than that allowed for another airline Mrs J has flown with, hence her small case was too big.

Another thing that comes to mind along similar lines are things like these coffee machines that use specific capsules.

Using these as examples, have you ever found that something you had bought specifically for a task was subsequently not suitable?

The POTW is;

One size does not fit all!

Last edited by Jezer; 05-02-2016 at 03:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 02:30 AM

16,735 posts, read 17,514,161 times
We've been around a couple of areas of France on our trip, and to start off with we drove from the airport down to the south of the Country.

The first shot is of a Chateau where we stayed the first night. Bizarrely we were the only people staying in it that night- such a strange feeling.

We ate that evening of the banks of this waterway, the famous Canal du Midi (look it up);

Moving on, we spent the next seven nights very close to the town in the next shot. It's called L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue in Provence. This was a Sunday and there was an amazing market there. I even heard American accents more than once!

Typical countryside!

Here's a treat. It's the drop dead gorgeous town of Gordes. It's very well known and very busy in summer. The town was used as a setting for part of the movie 'A Good Year' starring Russell Crowe, with the restaurant featuring heavily in it;

No! I'm not a tourist, I'm a local!

That restaurant;

Provence sky!

Yes- we climbed top to bottom, and back.

More to follow in due course.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:05 AM

36,505 posts, read 16,104,101 times
Hi Jez Welcome Home!! Great pics.

No one size does not fit all! That's frustrating for Mrs Jez, finding the perfect luggage and then it doesn't fit.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 AM

126,424 posts, read 19,186,281 times
Welcome back Jezer and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous

One size fits all..... like when I look for gloves,socks,a hat for summer or certain cloth items..might come back later,there was something but I can't remember at the moment I did receive ones a a wool hat with my favorite team logo as a Christmas gift and I was told it is a one size fits all,well it was too tight for my head.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:17 AM

24,594 posts, read 26,163,378 times

Had the same issue with some tires and rims several years ago, really changed the speedometer and odometer.

Outstanding pix Jezer, Welcome back.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,972,082 times

Remember it will shrink when washed or expand if needed after you wear it for a while..... (and it really looks good on you, would you like one in each color?)

Jezer,, I found the same thing out before our trip on the news and was lucky enough to find and buy the correct size carry-on bags for Air France............ just dumb luck that I saw it on tv news however and then checked the airline luggage size before the trip. I'm told that more airlines will be downsizing the carry-on size requirements in the future.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM

44,709 posts, read 61,914,903 times

Like airplane seats...

Great trip, beautiful pictures, that town photo is fantastic.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:14 PM

27,434 posts, read 27,471,461 times
One size does NOT fit all....so true!

Old 05-03-2016, 12:25 AM

21,651 posts, read 8,806,882 times
Welcome back, Jezer! Am I ever glad to see you. Thank you for the shout out and for the very impressive views of France, you old local, you! I am especially impressed that you and Mrs. J had an entire chateau all to yourselves.

When you're five foot two like me, there is no such thing as one size fits all. I can almost never find hats that fit me properly because my head is smaller than most, and very few women's hats come in sizes these days. For my six foot four husband, cars are a problem. As city dwellers we prefer to drive a compact car, but it isn't easy to find one that has enough head and leg room for a tall, portly man.

Life is so much easier when you are average height with an average build. Great peeve!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,935,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour á tous!

Enough of the French!

Yep, we're back safe and sound from France after nearly two and a half weeks away.

Many thanks to Bayarea4 for doing a couple of great peeves.

We flew out with a particular airline, and frustratingly the size of bags allowed in the cabin was smaller than that allowed for another airline Mrs J has flown with, hence her small case was too big.

Another thing that comes to mind along similar lines are things like these coffee machines that use specific capsules.

Using these as examples, have you ever found that something you had bought specifically for a task was subsequently not suitable?

The POTW is;

Welcome back Jezer.

On the items that we buy specifically for a task, I can't think of anything, but in some ways, that seems to be the case with modern computer technology. Not too long ago when you bought a new computer/laptop, it became outdated shortly afterwards, then they'll send you advertisements for their latest and greatest so you can spend more money buying another one a relatively short time later, and related items.

They do their best to make their products look great and very essential for your life. The same can be said about smart phones. If it were up to technology companies, you'd be buying a new device every 6 months..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics