Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 08:48 PM

44,657 posts, read 61,707,500 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday June 26, 2016. Being a Cancer born on June 26th, you are no stranger to emotions, but instead find comfort in understanding them. You are sometimes surprised with your natural ability to know what others are feeling and thinking.

Today's questions:
In Arizona this past week the temperature in some areas heated up to 120F or 48.89C.
What was the highest temperature in your area?
Did you receive any rain?
Are you dreaming of snow now?

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York?
Have you ever eaten oysters?
Did you like oysters?

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma?
Do you eat lobster?
Last time you ate a lobster?

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana?
Do you like trout?
Last time you ate a trout?

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today?
What is on your agenda for today Sunday?

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home?
When was the last time you washed your vehicle?
Last time you washed any laundry?
Last time you washed anything?

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now?
What kind would you like?
How about some chocolate pudding?

Pun time.
Mikey somewhat a little overweight goes to his doctor for some advice. The doctor tells him, “Mikey, the best way to lose weight quickly and keep it off is to run ten miles a day for thirty days. Mikey says "great" and excitedly he takes the doctors advice with fervor. He runs and he runs and at the end of thirty days he is amazed at how much weight he has actually lost.
So he calls the doctor to tell him the good news and the doctor asks, "Mikey, how did it go, did you lose some weight?” Mikey is ecstatic but a little dumbfounded as he replies, “Oh yes doctor, it worked like a charm, I lost a lot of weight, at least 30 lbs, but after all this running this far now how do I get back home?”

Quote of the moment:
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C. S. Lewis

Today Sunday June 26 is:
Beautician's Day!
Descendants' Day!
Forgiveness Day!
Log Cabin Day!
National Canoe Day!
National Chocolate Pudding Day!
Tropical Cocktails Day

Historical events of note for June 26th:
0004 Augustus adopts Tiberius.
1483 – Richard III becomes King of England.
1870 – Christmas is declared a federal holiday in the United States.
1906 – The first France Grand Prix motor racing event held...
1927 – The Cyclone roller coaster opens on Coney Island
1934 – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act establishing credit unions.
1945 – The United Nations Charter is signed in San Francisco.
1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy gave his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech in W. Germany.
1974– The UPC is scanned for the first time to sell a package of Wrigley's chewing gum.
1977 – Elvis Presley performs the final concert of his life in Indianapolis, IN

The law offices of 'Wee, Got, YU, and Laughinglee' approved all the idiosyncrasies, facts and silly stuff for this edition of Sundays QOTD. They thank you for your participation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 08:50 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,911,012 times
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday June 26, 2016. Being a Cancer born on June 26th, you are no stranger to emotions, but instead find comfort in understanding them. You are sometimes surprised with your natural ability to know what others are feeling and thinking.

Today's questions:
In Arizona this past week the temperature in some areas heated up to 120F or 48.89C.
What was the highest temperature in your area? Nothing near that this year.
Did you receive any rain?

Did you like oysters?

Do you eat lobster?

Do you like trout?

What is on your agenda for today Sunday? Not a clue...just another boring day.

Last time you washed any laundry? Yesterday.
Last time you washed anything? Today..... myself after gardening.

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now?
What kind would you like? German chocolate.

Pun time.
Mikey somewhat a little overweight goes to his doctor for some advice. The doctor tells him, “Mikey, the best way to lose weight quickly and keep it off is to run ten miles a day for thirty days. Mikey says "great" and excitedly he takes the doctors advice with fervor. He runs and he runs and at the end of thirty days he is amazed at how much weight he has actually lost.
So he calls the doctor to tell him the good news and the doctor asks, "Mikey, how did it go, did you lose some weight?” Mikey is ecstatic but a little dumbfounded as he replies, “Oh yes doctor, it worked like a charm, I lost a lot of weight, at least 30 lbs, but after all this running this far now how do I get back home?”

Quote of the moment:

Today Sunday June 26 is:
Beautician's Day!
Descendants' Day!
Forgiveness Day!
Log Cabin Day!
National Canoe Day!
Tropical Cocktails Day

1934 – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act establishing credit unions.
1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy gave his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech in W. Germany.
1974– The UPC is scanned for the first time to sell a package of Wrigley's chewing gum.

The law offices of 'Wee, Got, YU, and Laughinglee' approved all the idiosyncrasies, facts and silly stuff for this edition of Sundays QOTD. They thank you for your participation...
Thanks Wit-nit! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 06-25-2016 at 09:01 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 09:05 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,804,717 times

Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? 99 yesterday and 96 today
Did you receive any rain? no, we need it real bad
Are you dreaming of snow now? oh no, just rain

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? nope
Have you ever eaten oysters? yes
Did you like oysters? sort of, the way they look sort of grosses me out

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? no
Do you eat lobster? yes definitely, but I can't afford it
Last time you ate a lobster? no clue, it's been so long

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? no
Do you like trout? yes I will but I'd rather have flounder
Last time you ate a trout? don't remember

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? of course, always
What is on your agenda for today Sunday?
Um, shower, shaving, water shrubs and flowers, cleaning

Yes, and I did
Er, I think it was about 3 months ago - no need to wash it until pollen clears up. We have awful pollen but it's about time to have it done since it's better now.
today
today, blanket and dishes

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? sure
What kind would you like? Hershey's of any kind
How about some chocolate pudding? yes

Pun time.

Quote of the moment:

Today Sunday June 26 is:
Beautician's Day!
Descendants' Day!
Forgiveness Day!
Log Cabin Day!
National Canoe Day!
Tropical Cocktails Day

Thank you nit-wit!

Old 06-25-2016, 09:10 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,573,190 times
What was the highest temperature in your area? Heat index of 110 at 6 PM Friday
Did you receive any rain? Scattered thundershowers in the area today. Enough to cool things down some
Are you dreaming of snow now? Nope

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? Nope
Have you ever eaten oysters? Yup. 2 times at once. First and last times
Did you like oysters? Nope

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? Nope
Do you eat lobster? Yup
Last time you ate a lobster? Had lobster tail, thanks to a gift certificate, back in March

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? Nope
Do you like trout? It's ok.
Last time you ate a trout? Quite a few years ago

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? I always have unfinished chores.
What is on your agenda for today Sunday? FISHING!!

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? Only once. At 7 yrs old I left a note on my bed saying "You were meaned at me and I have runned away". My brother found me, after my mother had called every house in the neighborhood and driven all around the area. I hid under the bed and fell asleep. lol My dad got to the "seat of the matter" when he got home. Let's just say I had to stand up for a while.
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? Last time it rained
Last time you washed any laundry? Wednesday
Last time you washed anything? Dishes Friday afternoon

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? Wouldn't turn it down
What kind would you like? Just a Hershey bar or a delicious Goo Goo Cluster!
How about some chocolate pudding? Sounds good!

Old 06-25-2016, 09:23 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,097,476 times
Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? The highest I recall here in the Chicago area was 105 or 106. It's pretty unusual for us to reach 100 degrees, but the 90s are common in July and August. Unfortunately, we've already had several 90+ degree days, including today, with extremely high humidity. It's been awful.
Did you receive any rain? When? After a pretty long dry spell, we had a good drenching on Thursday evening.
Are you dreaming of snow now? Yep. I love snow and cold. Hate, hate, hate it when temps exceed low 80s, especially if it's very humid as well.

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? Nope; never been to NY at all.
Have you ever eaten oysters? Nope. Long ago, I dated someone who liked to eat raw oysters. I found it disgusting and I thing he did it more to gross me out than anything.
Did you like oysters? N/A

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? Nope.
Do you eat lobster? Love it.
Last time you ate a lobster? I haven't had a lobster entrée for years because the price in this area is prohibitive. They don't even put the price on restaurant menus. Reminds me of the saying, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." However, last fall I was a judge in a mac and cheese cooking contest at a winery in Michigan. The winning dish contained not only mac and cheese, but chunks of lobster. It was unbelievable! Soooo delicious.

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? Nope.
Do you like trout? Lot it.
Last time you ate a trout? Several months ago.

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? LOL. Yes. I'm so far behind in chores right now, it's overwhelming.
What is on your agenda for today Sunday? Church in the morning, a quick bite of lunch at home, then going with friends to a minor league baseball game that starts at 2 p.m. On my way home from the game, I need to do some grocery shopping -- salad fixings for my lunches at work this week. When I finally get home, I need to catch up on some vacuuming and straightening up the house.

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? I remember one time when I was only about 5 that I ran away from home. I went to a cul de sac that was about 2 blocks away, sat in the median for a while, and then decided that running away wasn't a very good idea after all. I returned home for lunch and my mom wasn't even aware that I'd "run away." *chuckle*
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? A few weeks ago. If I can squeeze it in before it gets dark tomorrow (Sunday), I'll wash it then.
Last time you washed any laundry? I have clothes in both the washer and dryer right now.
Last time you washed anything? Ditto above.

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? Heck, yeah! I've been thinking about chocolate for the past couple of hours and said aloud to myself several times, "Don't do it!" I don't want to blow my diet.
What kind would you like? A chunk of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate would be really great right now.
How about some chocolate pudding? Sure. What the heck!

Pun time.
So he calls the doctor to tell him the good news and the doctor asks, "Mikey, how did it go, did you lose some weight?” Mikey is ecstatic but a little dumbfounded as he replies, “Oh yes doctor, it worked like a charm, I lost a lot of weight, at least 30 lbs, but after all this running this far now how do I get back home?” Groan! (LOL)

Quote of the moment:

Today Sunday June 26 is:
Beautician's Day! I've never gone to a beautician. I have a male hair stylist whom I visit a few times a year, but that's it.
Descendants' Day! I'm a descendant, but I have no descendants.
Forgiveness Day! This should be every day.
Log Cabin Day! I like log cabins.
National Canoe Day! Love to go canoeing.
National Chocolate Pudding Day! Yum!
Tropical Cocktails Day No, thanks. I had enough of those a couple weeks ago in Jamaica. I prefer drier cocktails or dry red wine.

The law offices of 'Wee, Got, YU, and Laughinglee' approved all the idiosyncrasies, facts and silly stuff for this edition of Sundays QOTD. They thank you for your participation... Happy Sunday, everyone!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-25-2016 at 09:54 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 09:24 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,443,436 times
Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? 90s
Did you receive any rain? Must have been delivered to the wrong address.

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? Don't think so.
Have you ever eaten oysters? Fried.
Did you like oysters? Meh.

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? Don't think so.
Do you eat lobster?
Last time you ate a lobster? Couple months ago.

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? Don't think so.
Do you like trout? They're okay.
Last time you ate a trout? Couple years.

What is on your agenda for today Sunday? I'm relaxing.

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? Yep. But didn't.
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? Weeks.
Last time you washed any laundry? Yesterday.
Last time you washed anything? Hands before eating a while ago.

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? Wouldn't say no.
What kind would you like? Almost any kind.
How about some chocolate pudding? Okay.

Quote of the moment:

Never too old to have a good Sunday. Enjoy!

Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 PM

24,774 posts, read 28,561,535 times

Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? Here on the plateau of TN 90's with high humidity
Did you receive any rain? Spotty drizzle here... a drizzle there
Are you dreaming of snow now? Cooler yes... but no snow or ice

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? No
Have you ever eaten oysters? ....... Yes... Not into cold loogie
Did you like oysters? barf

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? No
Do you eat lobster? ....... Yes.. except the green brains..
Last time you ate a lobster? several years now...

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? NO
Do you like trout? ............. Yes Cold and deep lake trout
Last time you ate a trout? ....... As a child we always had trout in are freezer..

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? Yes What is on your agenda for today Sunday? mowing the back 40ty ... maybe

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? Yes ... and I did me and my little stick slung over my little shoulder with a pokie-dotted handkerchief full of stuff.. kicking a tin can down the road as I whistle.. hi - ho off to grandmothers I go.....
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? been awhile
Last time you washed any laundry? 5-7 days
Last time you washed anything? I took my tuba last night... and used plenty of WD-40 afterwards

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? Yes...
What kind would you like? Bitter Sweet Dark the only chocolate worth eating
How about some chocolate pudding? Old time kind with real sugar.. and made a skin on top..

Old 06-25-2016, 10:30 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,011,950 times

Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? 99 degrees so far this year
Did you receive any rain? A couple days ago
Are you dreaming of snow now? It would sure beat the hot weather

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? May have flown over it
Have you ever eaten oysters? Many times
Did you like oysters? I like then fried or smoked. Also like them in the turkey dressing

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? Once again maybe flew over
Do you eat lobster? Do I eat stinky cheese? Of course I eat lobster
Last time you ate a lobster? Has been a few years. Had a lobster roll at the airport in Bangor Maine

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? Not likely
Do you like trout? I love trout
Last time you ate a trout? Has been way too long

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? Nope
What is on your agenda for today Sunday? Get up at the crack of noon. Do as little as possible.

Nope. However home ran away from me once

What's say we just move onto the next question

3 weeks ago

Washed my hands an hour ago

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? Not really
What kind would you like?

If you don't mind I will mosey on out of here as I don't want to be around when animalcrazy finds out there is a question regarding chocolate. It could get ugly.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:30 PM

11,384 posts, read 9,302,949 times
What was the highest temperature in your area? - I dunno, about 105 degrees Fahrenheit. If you mean so far this year we had a couple of low 90 degree days.
Did you receive any rain? - We had more than our share of it this past May.
Are you dreaming of snow now? - After the blizzard we had this past January, no.

Have you ever been to Oyster Bay, New York? - Nope.
Have you ever eaten oysters? - Ever? Maybe.
Did you like oysters? - Pass, doesn't appeal.

Have you ever been to Lobster Creek, Oklahoma? - Nope, not even in that region, ever.
Do you eat lobster? - Yes
Last time you ate a lobster? - This past April.

Have you ever been to Trout, Louisiana? - Nope.
Do you like trout? - I don't remember ever having it.
Last time you ate a trout? ^

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? - Probably laundry later.
What is on your agenda for today Sunday? - Mostly rest and likely laundry but a trip to the local farmers market is the plan. I am off the last Sunday of the month.

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? - A couple of time. It should have been more and I never should have came back.
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? - Drove through a car wash about 2 weeks ago.
Last time you washed any laundry? - Thursday morning.
Last time you washed anything? - My hands about 10 minutes ago.

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? - Ha. ha. Funny because I just had 2 Hershey Kisses right before I started these questions. I only buy a small amount at a time about once per month.
What kind would you like? - I'm done. Going to bed soon.
How about some chocolate pudding? - Not now. Haven't had it in a very long time.

Thanks, wit-nit
Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday!

Old 06-25-2016, 10:59 PM

38,950 posts, read 22,950,840 times
Today's questions:
What was the highest temperature in your area? This past Monday the 13th it got up to 103F.
Did you receive any rain? I wish.
Are you dreaming of snow now? Maybe a snow cone.

Did you like oysters?
No to all.^^^

Do you eat lobster?
No to all.^^^

Do you like trout?
No to all.^^^

Do you have any un-finished chores that you need to do today? I got them done already.
What is on your agenda for today Sunday? Go to my sister's house for multiple late birthday celebrations and belated Father's Day for my dad.

When you were a kid did you ever want to run away from home? A couple of times but of course, never happened.
When was the last time you washed your vehicle? I took it to the car wash yesterday (Saturday).
Last time you washed any laundry? Yesterday, washed some towels.
Last time you washed anything? See above.

Would you like a piece of chocolate right now? I'm always in the mood for chocolate.
What kind would you like? A piece of milk chocolate from Trader Joe's "Big Block."
How about some chocolate pudding? Sure!

Enjoy your Sunday. Make it a fun day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics