Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:04 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times

Advertisements

~ Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')?

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot _______'.

~ How about sausage? Any sausage that you're had that was notably good?

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else?

~ Did you ever have a 'puff' of marijuana?

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate?

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home?

~ When the home is very cool, it is nice to bundle up with:

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight?

~ What did you last replace the batteries in?

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble?

~ If you eat olives....please tell why you eat them. What is good about them?

~ Any crops grown in your state/province/whatever:

~ The closest fast food business to your home is:

*** Happy Fryday and odd pleasures to you! May your mileage vary for the better! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 10:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,876,338 times
~ Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')? It's been a while

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot _Peppers______'.

~ How about sausage? Any sausage that you're had that was notably good? I enjoyed some wonderful Italian sausage and noodle dish while in Little Italy San Diego last week.

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else? No

~ Did you ever have a 'puff' of marijuana? No

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate? Yes

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home? yes

~ When the home is very cool, it is nice to bundle up with: lots of covers and Mrs Aks

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight? Nothing at this hour of the day, I've already ate and I'm still full.

~ What did you last replace the batteries in? An alarm unit

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble? No, I keep a little cheese near the mouse pad.

~ If you eat olives....please tell why you eat them. What is good about them? Because their there in the salad or on the pizza..... you gotta eat what's in front of you -- always.

~ The closest fast food business to your home is: McD's

*** Happy Fryday and odd pleasures to you! May your mileage vary for the better! ***

Last edited by AksarbeN; 09-29-2016 at 10:24 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 PM

38,876 posts, read 22,860,812 times
~ Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')? I met a friend at a Pei Wei restaurant and we ate out in the patio.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot Pockets'.

~ How about sausage? Any sausage that you're had that was notably good? Johnsonville Brats.

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else? After lunch during the week, I'm already thinking of quitting time at 5:00.

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate? Not me personally but when I was a kid, my family had a car that had the fuel filler pipe behind the license plate.

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home? Yes and it's fairly new, too.

~ When the home is very cool, it is nice to bundle up with: A blanket, warm socks, a cup of hot cocoa and a good book.

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight? A brownie sundae.

~ What did you last replace the batteries in? Wall clock.

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble? Only if I'm using a cheaply-manufactured mouse.

~ If you eat olives....please tell why you eat them. What is good about them? I don't do olives.

~ Any crops grown in your state/province/whatever: Avocados, almonds, strawberries, oranges, lemons and lettuce are the ones I can think of offhand.

~ The closest fast food business to your home is: Wendy's. I can walk from my front door to Wendy's in about a minute, literally.

HAPPY FRYDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 09-29-2016, 10:36 PM

21,538 posts, read 8,721,023 times
In my cousin's backyard in Modesto.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot Biscuits.'

I like chicken-apple sausage.

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else?
An online friend of mine in South Wales used to "meet" me every day at a message board we both belonged to. Jeff and I been exchanging friendly messages daily for over 10 years. We cheered each other up when things were going badly, shared confidences, jokes and advice and were in general each other's best friends. Then, early this month, he suddenly disappeared. After some Google searching I discovered his obituary. His last message to me was written only hours before he died. Every day at 4 o'clock, the time we used to meet up, I think of Jeff. I can't shake the feeling that one day I'll get a message from him saying "You wouldn't believe what happened to me."
Yes, like many in my generation I tried it for the first time in the 1960s but remember not being impressed. Now I am a legal medical marijuana patient. I use it for insomnia and anxiety, and it works very well for that. I don't smoke it, though, because it's harsh on the throat. I use tinctures, edibles or a vaporizer.
~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate?
No, I've never driven a car like that.

Yes, it's handy but takes up a lot of room on the counter.

My teddy bear and a fuzzy throw.

Nothing, I just had an excellent meal. Tomato bisque soup, pork chops with mascarpone mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots, cannoli and espresso.

The digital camera

Yes, mine stopped working and I had to replace it.

I eat them because I like the taste. That's what good about them.

California is a major agricultural region. We grow just about everything here from artichokes to zucchini.

There's a hamburger place about a mile from here.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 09-29-2016, 10:44 PM

11,366 posts, read 9,279,717 times
~ Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')? - Happened all too seldom...

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot stove '.

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else? - Maybe I don't understand this question.

~ Did you ever have a 'puff' of marijuana? - Not ashamed to admit it, although I wouldn't use the term "puff" ha, ha. Way overdue to stop arresting people who choose to use it.
Marijuana over alcohol any day.

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate? - Yep.

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home? - Of course.

~ When the home is very cool, it is nice to bundle up with: - A blanket.

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight? - What I want is fish and I will likely get it, Friday night of course.

~ What did you last replace the batteries in? - Toothbrush

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble? - Yes, replaced a couple of them in the past.

~ If you eat olives....please tell why you eat them. What is good about them? - They are part of my daily salad. No more needs to be said. I like them.

~ Any crops grown in your state/province/whatever: - Yes, local grown produce in stores and a few farmers markets.

~ The closest fast food business to your home is: - Private owned pizza carryout.

Thanks, Rainroosty.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:10 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')?

Long long time ago.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot sauce.

Italian

Don't get the question. Like when favorite TV shows are on?

~ Did you ever have a 'puff' of marijuana? No

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate? yes

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home? yes

Never bundle up indoors. Just adjust the heat/air. Only use one blanket in winter.

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight? have to cook steak because of date.

remote

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble? The old ones with the ball inside.

Don't eat them.

Corn, cotton, tobacco...

~ The closest fast food business to your home is: McDonalds

Old 09-29-2016, 11:21 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,101,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

On our Patio, here at home I guess.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot ____potato___'.

Yes, there are several kinds of sausage, that I think are quite delicious...but don't eat them often because
they are so bad for you.

No.

No.

Yes (I am older than dirt, so for sure!)

Yes.

I love it, when the house is really cold, crawling under a big stack of blankets and thermal sheets!

I don't know, right now nothing sounds good.

My Wireless Mouse.

Yes, when my mouse just stopped working...but like I said it just needed the batteries replaced.

Yes, I eat olives!!! I love them!!!! They are one of the most divine foods on the planet and I have been crazy about them since Childhood. I eat them in dishes, on pizza, in salad and just by themselves!

We have delicious tomatoes and peppers at the
farmers markets. But, I think I have seen that Marijuana and tobacco are our biggest crops...although I doubt you will see that on an official state website.

~ The closest fast food business to you?
Subway, Chopsticks and the Gift Box Tea Room are in a neighborhood shopping Center....but we are midway between a Burger King and a Culver's also.

Ditto to you!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,600,707 times
~ Where was it that you sat and dined al fresco - (silly talk for 'outdoors')? Well, I guess the last time I ate outside was at an art festival last month. But if you're talking fancy schmancy dining outside it's been years - in Athens, in NYC, in Canoga Park, in Encino, in Cooperstown, in probably other places I can't remember.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot __tamale_____'.

~ How about sausage? Any sausage that you're had that was notably good? I don't eat meat anymore, but I have had some good sausage over the years. Milwaukee has some pretty good bratwurst.

~ Is there a particular time or 3...(when displayed on a clock) that make you think of something else? I'm scared of the number that comes between ten and twelve. There's no more unlucky time than that time all the way across. Eeek!

~ Did you ever have a 'puff' of marijuana? I smoked it socially in my 20s, but haven't in years - I've never liked the act of smoking (anything) - it makes me cough. I'd sure rather be around marijuana smokers than alcohol drinkers, though! (I don't drink alcohol.)

~ Have you ever pumped gasoline into a car that had the gas cap behind the license plate? Don't think so.

~ Is there a microwave oven in your home? Y

~ When the home is very cool, it is nice to bundle up with: On the couch with a comforter and lots of cats and the dog.

~ What do you wish you could eat tonight? I'm too full to think about food.

~ What did you last replace the batteries in? The flashlight.

~ Ever have computer mouse trouble? I've had this trackball mouse forever, and I love it. For work a while ago I bought a "wireless" mouse and it sucked eggs.

~ If you eat olives....please tell why you eat them. What is good about them? Ooo, the big fancy grocery store in the Big Town over the way has an olive bar. A few days ago I bought a teeny tub of mixed olives with feta cheese cubes, YUM! Olives are good to mix with other things to add a salty taste. For example, for dinner last night I had a salad of cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta, tuna, and oregano, and it was yummy.

~ Any crops grown in your state/province/whatever: This is a mixed crop area. The farm around me grows alfalfa, soybeans, corn, and runs some cattle. There are a LOT of alfalfa fields in this specific area. West of here some grow sunflowers and there is more ranching. North of here it is wheat and sugar beets. My farmland in Illinois is organic, and the crop rotation is non-gmo corn, and various kinds of beans, and squash - but that area is in the hard core heart of corn/soybean production. TELL YOUR CONGRESSMEN TO STOP ALLOWING "ORGANIC" GRAIN IMPORTS FROM TURKEY, ROMANIA AND INDIA! Yes, US grain buyers are buying imported organic grains, which is really depressing prices for American organic field crops. These imported grains are not as rigorously tested as US certified organic grains. Too bad for consumers who don't know what they're really eating!

~ The closest fast food business to your home is: Eeew, I guess it's McDonalds!

Thanks, Roosty! Thanks for allowing me to vent about the problem of imported organic grains.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,814,635 times
Can't think of the name right now. Not the only place though.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot _tamale______'.

One called wedding sausage. It's expensive though. I think our local market makes their own version also which is pretty close.

Never.

My dog!

Nothing else tonight. Just had an egg and cheese sandwich.

My atomic clock.

Yes! The taste is good. Green and black!

You name it, it's all very close.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 09-29-2016 at 11:55 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 12:01 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Several sidewalk cafes & restaurants w/outdoor seating.

~ Food/kitchen related: 'Hot _Chocolate_'.

Any that's in a good biscuit!

My Dad's Eldorado had that, what a PITA!

A much used one!

My blankie (a throw on the couch) which I just washed & dried and is oh so clean, soft & fluffy!

I'm open, so what are you planning to serve us???

TV Remote

With both corded & cordless, have had to replace several over the years.

Like green olives stuffed w/pimento by themselves or w/a sandwich or made into an olive salad for a muffuletta (muffaletta) and in potato salad or black olives for pizzas & salads etc... for their briny taste of course and can't go wrong with their oil either!

Most all fruits, vegetables & meats, as well as peanuts & pecans, corn, cotton & timber.

McDonald's, Hardee's, Subway & Church's Chicken are the ones closest & all at the same (16 miles) distance away.

Thanks Roosty for Fryday's QotD!

Happy Friday All, the weekend is here!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics