Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 09:33 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Scroll on down for another installment of

TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe?

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients?

What's your favorite kind of soup?

Do you prefer a thickened soup or soup with a thin broth?

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose?

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup?

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice?

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks?

Do you like spicy-hot food?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tell us about the last concert you attended.

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show?

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group?

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort?

Do you presently play any musical instrument?

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)?

When was the last time you told a joke?

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories?

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now:

That's it for this , people. Take good care of yourselves and be kind to everyone you meet. Kindness will come back to you one hundred fold. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:40 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times

TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Wife has.. Can't recall if i have, but I think so.
I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients?
Uh sure, sometimes totally and sometimes a mix.
Tortilla soup from scratch, canned bean and bacon, chicken noodle and a few others.
That depends on the type of soup.
At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose?
Salad for me usually . Wife gets soup sometimes.
Chicken noodle I do.
I like both.

Sometimes. Not as much as I use to.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Alabama in Houston. Poor guys were old past their time or prime.
Wife saw Vicki Lawrence with a grandkid.
Noooo!
Nope not me. Brother did.
Nope

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)?
I don't recall.
Rare occasion. Don't recall.

That's it for this , people. Take good care of yourselves and be kind to everyone you meet. Kindness will come back to you one hundred fold. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Thanks Pam! Great job! Same to you!

Last edited by SATX56; 05-15-2017 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 10:02 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times

TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe? I have not. My mom did when I was growing up

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients? Once again I have not but mom use to.

What's your favorite kind of soup? Homemade turkey soup

Do you prefer a thickened soup or soup with a thin broth? Chowder thick. The rest thin

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose? Almost always a salad

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup? I have been seen doing that

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice? White

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks? Only to stab the person trying to swipe my last shrimp

Do you like spicy-hot food? Sometimes as long as it is not so hot that my lips disappear after the first bite.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tell us about the last concert you attended. Been so long I forget

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show? A couple times

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group? I wanted to but there was no part for a howling mutt

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort? I played the trumpet in sixth grade

Do you presently play any musical instrument? Nope

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)? Been a while

When was the last time you told a joke? A while longer

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories? Not at this time

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now: Sorry. Mutt jokes are not G-rated

Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Not a whole one.
Yes.
Chicken and dumpling, chicken noodle, tomato, beef stew.
Thin soup, thick stews.
Salad.
I have, or whole oyster crackers.
Fried white rice.
From time to time.
No. I like spicy flavors sometimes, but never spicy heat.
I don't see the point of burning my mouth, and I'm not trying to prove anything.

BONUS QUESTIONS
It was loud.
Yes.
In school.
Yep, and was in the school band.
I noodle around on piano and guitar.

JUST FOR FUN
Been a while.
Maybe in the last couple of months.
We all do okay.
I don't dare.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Thanks, Pam, you too.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:54 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe?NO

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients?Many times

What's your favorite kind of soup?Homemade split pea soup

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup?No

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice?white

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks?No Never mastered them.

A little spicy is great Just not toohot

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tell us about the last concert you attended.It's been a looong time The Village People at the Rusty Rudder in Dewey Beach (DE)

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show?no

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group?No

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort?yes Clarinet and later Guitar

Do you presently play any musical instrument? No

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)?long ago

When was the last time you told a joke? Again too long

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories?No

Thanks Pam.Always enjoy your questions

Old 05-15-2017, 11:58 PM

38,908 posts, read 22,900,003 times
TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe? No.

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients? Once but I had help.

What's your favorite kind of soup? Chicken noodle.

Do you prefer a thickened soup or soup with a thin broth? Thin but I won't turn down thickened soup, either.

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose? Soup.

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup? Sometimes.

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice? Either but I tend to like white rice better.

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks? No.

Do you like spicy-hot food? Definitely not.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tell us about the last concert you attended. I went to a Sting concert with a co-worker. Opening act was the British band Squeeze. Squeeze and Sting were both great.

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show? Yes.

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group? Yes, I was in high school band for 3 years.

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort? For a short time.

Do you presently play any musical instrument? No. I still know how to read music, though.

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)? It's been a while.

When was the last time you told a joke? See above.

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories? Not that I can think of.

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now: Sorry, it's too late at night for me to think of any.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 05-16-2017, 02:25 AM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times
Yes, I've done that. Nowadays I let the butchers at our neighborhood market cut it up for me because they do a better job.
Yes, I think homemade soup is the best. And it's really not that difficult to make. It just takes time and patience (and a good knife to chop all those vegetables).
It would be a tie between tomato and chicken.
I prefer the thin broth type because they are lower in fat, but I love cream of potato, split pea or cream of asparagus soup.
It depends on the weather. On cold days, I usually go for the soup. When it's warm, I'll have the salad.
Yes, though I normally have them on the side. I love croutons in soup, too.
It depends on what the main dish is. With a lighter entree, I might go for the fried rice. Or I may have the fried rice as a meal in itself if it has meat or chicken in it. If the main dish is more substantial or very spicy, the bland white rice is a better complement.
Yes, I try to use them, but now and then a large or bulky food item defeats my best efforts to be ladylike, and I have to resort to American style utensils.
If it's not blazing hot, I might enjoy it. My taste buds are rather timid, though, and what one person thinks is not spicy will sear my palate. Once at an Indian restaurant I ordered my meal mildly spiced, but even then I needed a fire extinguisher.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Two friends and I went to see Temple of Glory, a rarely performed 19th century French opera-ballet by Rameau that was composed in honor of King Louis XV. It was...interesting.
Yes, but it was back in the 1980s.
Only in high school.
No, but I've loved music all my life. As a child I wanted piano lessons so badly. When we finally got a piano I was 15 years old. My younger stepsisters both were given lessons even though they weren't musical and soon dropped out. I also asked for lessons but was told by my stepmother that "You're too old." Then a friend asked me if I wanted to be in the school band and orchestra as they needed a bassoon player. I said yes, but still my parents would not let me have lessons. They were both working, and there were three younger children at home, so I think they just didn't want the bother of driving me to lessons. So, with the help of the school's music teacher, I basically taught myself.
No. I finally did rent an instrument and take formal bassoon lessons as an adult. It was the fulfillment of a dream. But I soon realized that, much as I love the instrument, I was not talented. If I worked really, really hard, I might have become...the Florence Foster Jenkins of the bassoon. So I gave it up without regret.

These days my best friend is trying to talk me into fulfilling another lifelong dream and taking piano lessons. It wouldn't be too expensive to buy one of the new portable electronic keyboards that sound like real pianos, but after the bassoon experience I'm a little gun shy.

JUST FOR FUN

It was yesterday when I was flipping through the TV channels and came across a stand-up comedy show.
It's been so long I don't remember. I am terrible at telling jokes, so I stopped trying.
My mother was pretty good at making me laugh. She could make the simplest story hilarious because of the droll way she told it.
This is a joke my dad used to tell that I thought was hysterically funny when I was seven.

There once was a family of skunks who lived in the forest. Papa Skunk, Mama Skunk and their two baby skunks, In and Out. One day Mama Skunk said to In,

"In, why don't you and Out go out and play?"

So the two little skunks went out into the forest. But only Out returned.

Said Mama Skunk, "Out, I want you to go out and bring In in." So Out went out into the forest to look for his brother. A few minutes later, In and Out were back. Mama Skunk was astonished. "Out, how did you find your brother so quickly?" she asked.

"It was easy," replied Out with a grin. "In stinked!"

(I know - groan!)

Thanks, PJ!

Old 05-16-2017, 03:48 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS

- Nope

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients? - Considering the latter part I don't think so...

What's your favorite kind of soup? - Lentil

Do you prefer a thickened soup or soup with a thin broth? - Thick

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose? - Soup because I eat enough salads and I know what I will be served will be boring, not much to it iceberg lettuce based. Not my idea of a salad...

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup? - No, never got that...

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice? - White

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks? - No

BONUS QUESTIONS

- Local band fronted by a friend. No covers, all original rock type.

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show? - Yes. I'll be seeing Bill Maher for the 8th time in Baltimore next month. Saw Carlin, Dangerfield, and Penn and Teller way back.

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group? - No

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort? - Music was discouraged when I was growing up...

JUST FOR FUN

- Don't remember

When was the last time you told a joke? - See above answer

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories? - Nope

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now: - I just woke up and nothing is coming to mind at this time.

Thanks, Pam.
Happy Tuesday to all!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe? Not a whole chicken

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients? Yum, homemade chicken soup sounds good. I've made chicken soup, broccoli and cheese, squash and apple

What's your favorite kind of soup? Squash and apple

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose? Depends on what the soup is

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup? Have done.

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice? I don't eat Chinese food anymore.

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks? Never did

Do you like spicy-hot food? Don't

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tell us about the last concert you attended. Unusual for me, but I haven't been to a concert since last summer. I go to many outdoor concerts in the summer & don't remember what was last, but remember Red Baraat, an Indian funk band. Families filling the green in Hanover, many people dancing.

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show? Haven't

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group? Not since I was a kid. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort? Piano lessons for a short time, but I wasn't old enough to appreciate it.

Do you presently play any musical instrument? Don't

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)? I work in an elementary school.......

When was the last time you told a joke? I don't tell jokes.... Can't remember them....

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories? My dad was good at jokes and stories. A friend who used to teach is a good storyteller.

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now: Pay attention! I can't remember jokes.

That's it for this , people. Take good care of yourselves and be kind to everyone you meet. Kindness will come back to you one hundred fold. Have a terrific Tuesday! Thanks, Pam!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
TUESDAY'S QUESTIONS
Have you ever cut up a whole, raw chicken to use in a recipe? yes

I love making chicken soup from scratch and have a big kettle simmering on the stove right now. Have you ever made soup from scratch, not using a mix or canned ingredients?i have, and should more often

What's your favorite kind of soup?oh gosh - that changes. Right now I could go for a beautiful Greek avgolemeno soup. Uhhh I might've spelled that wrong

Do you prefer a thickened soup or soup with a thin broth?i like both - mmmm lobster bisque

At a restaurant, when you have a choice of soup or salad for the first course, which do you usually choose?salad probably just edges out soup

Do you ever crunch up crackers into your soup?rarely - sometimes if I'm sick or extra hungry

With Chinese food: fried rice or white rice?white but I like veggie fried as a side or snack sometimes. Usually only get that when visiting my mom

When eating Chinese food, do you ever use chopsticks?used to but havent in years. Chopsticks use to be part of the place setting and come with every delivery order. There'd be nice ones at the table in restaurants. That's rare now - at least where I live

Do you like spicy-hot food?oh yes

BONUS QUESTIONS
Tell us about the last concert you attended.this month I listened and danced to a live outdoor show - Puerto Rican bands - lots of fun

Have you ever gone to see a standup comedy show?yes

Have you ever performed in a concert, either solo or with a group?yes

When you were growing up, did you take music lessons of any sort?of some sort but not really - no individualized instruction

Do you presently play any musical instrument?oh - no - but I guess I did have some individualized instruction on percussion - that was from my boyfriend, though, not a music teacher

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you heard a joke (not read but actually heard someone tell a joke)?this weekend

When was the last time you told a joke?probably a couple weeks ago

Is there anyone in your life who's really good at telling jokes or stories?my sister was the best at telling jokes - my cousin, who was that sisters best friend at one time, is the best at stories - including joke stories. My mom is amazing at making up stories

If you dare, tell us a [G-rated] joke right now: darn - I actually love sweet simple jokes but they all scattered just now

That's it for this , people. Take good care of yourselves and be kind to everyone you meet. Kindness will come back to you one hundred fold. Have a terrific Tuesday!you are so right! One of my favorite quotes is from the Dalai Lama - be kind whenever possible; it's always possible.

Thanks PJ! Have a great day all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics