Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 08:25 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times

Advertisements

Happy greetings, girls and boys! I hope your week started out well. Scroll on down to see what Miss PJ came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head?

Describe the most unusual article of clothing (can be a costume) you've ever worn.

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now?

Do you ever wear slippers?

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops?

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions?

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one? https://groovyhistory.com/paper-dresses-a-brief-1966-fashion-fad

BONUS QUESTIONS

How many televisions are in your home? (John13, you are excused from answering this and the following few questions. )

What size are your TV screens and are they all HD flat-screen TVs?

When did you last watch a movie on TV (not counting DVDs)?

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC?

If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red _____________

_____________ Blue

Yellow ____________

Fried green ____________

My [your] favorite color to wear is ___________

Have you ever seen a double rainbow?

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure?

Have a truly totally terrific Tuesday, everybody! And don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:14 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head? Thinking.... I don't think anything too unusual. A helmet..... a crown..... glasses.... hm.

Describe the most unusual article of clothing (can be a costume) you've ever worn. I dressed like a mummy once with tp wound around me.

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now? A man's button down shirt & pj pants

Do you ever wear slippers? In the winter, yes.

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops? Have several pairs; wore some today.

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions? When guys started wearing sagging pants.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one? https://groovyhistory.com/paper-dresses-a-brief-1966-fashion-fad

I don't remember paper dresses.

BONUS QUESTIONS

How many televisions are in your home? (John13, you are excused from answering this and the following few questions. ) Two

What size are your TV screens and are they all HD flat-screen TVs? One tiny, not flat screen.... My daughter had it in college, fifteen years ago. It hasn't even been plugged in in ages. The other is a flat screen tv, not that big.

When did you last watch a movie on TV (not counting DVDs)? It's been long enough that I don't remember the movie.

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC? Not a movie.

If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose? No idea. A comedy show, maybe.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red tape

Came out of the Blue

Yellowstone National Park

Fried green Tomatoes

My [your] favorite color to wear is ....... I usually wear black & white.

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? I have...... More than one!

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure? Pay off my daughter's college loans & buy a house on a quiet lake.

Have a truly totally terrific Tuesday, everybody! And don't forget to commit an act of kindness. Thanks, Pam!

. __________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 09:31 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head? Antlers. I'll leave it at that and, no, I don't drink. lol

Describe the most unusual article of clothing (can be a costume) you've ever worn. Can't think of any unusual piece of clothing I've worn

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now? Just my gym shorts

Do you ever wear slippers? Nope

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops? Don't have any and have no idea the last time I wore any

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions? 70's

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one? https://groovyhistory.com/paper-dres...66-fashion-fad
Didn't think my hairy legs would look good with a paper dress

BONUS QUESTIONS

How many televisions are in your home? (John13, you are excused from answering this and the following few questions. )
What size are your TV screens and are they all HD flat-screen TVs? 40" and, I think, 42"

When did you last watch a movie on TV (not counting DVDs)? Last night on roku

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC? Yup

If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose? M*A*S*H

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red, white...

and Blue

Yellow Submarine

Fried green tomatoes

My [your] favorite color to wear is blue

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Yup

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure? Whatever my wife says I can do. lol

Old 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Happy greetings, girls and boys! I hope your week started out well. Scroll on down to see what Miss PJ came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Describe the most unusual article of clothing (can be a costume) you've ever worn.

Pink pants, pink and white top (cotton pj's)

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops?
None, I don't like them
Right now, men's pants hanging half way down their backside with their underwear showing.
Sixties and seventies too with the wild wild colors.

I don't remember them (we can be behind the times here though, so it may have come about years later here).....I liked to play with paper dolls and their paper dresses though
when I was a little girl.

BONUS QUESTIONS

We have a 27 inch old style tv in our bedroom (we don't use it as a TV, it is used for some old video game systems only) my son has a 32 inch screen flat screen HD Roku TV in his room.
In the living Room we have a 55 inch flat screen Ultra High Def Samsung TV

(our old TV died, we just bought it last week.)

Last week we watched the Movie Gravity with George Clooney and Sandra Bullock on the Roku Channel.
Just like You Tube clips.
If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red Riding Hood

True Blue

Yellow Submarine

Fried green Tomatoes

My [your] favorite color to wear is Black

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure?
Retire

Have a truly totally terrific Tuesday, everybody! And don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:13 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head? Dunce cap.

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now? Jammies.

Do you ever wear slippers? No.

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops? 5 pair and am wearing a pair right now.

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions? Butt crack era.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one? https://groovyhistory.com/paper-dres...66-fashion-fad. Never was into wearing dresses...

BONUS QUESTIONS

How many televisions are in your home? (John13, you are excused from answering this and the following few questions. ) 5

What size are your TV screens and are they all HD flat-screen TVs? They range from 32 inches to 50 inches, all are HD flat screens.

When did you last watch a movie on TV (not counting DVDs)? About a month ago, some oater.

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC? A few TV shows where I missed the original showing.

If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose? Andy Griffith/Mayberry RFD.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red roses for a blue lady.

Am I Blue

Yellow Brick Road.

Fried green tomatoes.

My [your] favorite color to wear is blue.

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Yes.

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure? Bury it.

Thanks Ms Pam...

Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Hate to disappoint but anything I have worn on my head would not make anyone's list of the weird and wacky.

I once wore a suit. Only once.

A smile on my face. Oh, and some pants and a shirt.

Like 45 years ago

Has been over 50 years since I wore any.

Do you really think it is wise to ask someone who has repeatedly stated he has no fashion sense this question?

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one?
Have only worn the paper gown that a nurse said I had to wear.

BONUS QUESTIONS

One TV

32 inch HD flat screen smart TV

Yesterday

Once or twice

Only watch one TV series in rerun for the rest of my life? Just shoot me now. I think I will see if John13 wants to go to the track this weekend.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red rubber ball

Turning Blue

Yellow banana

Fried green onions

My [your] favorite color to wear is what ever is clean

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Yes. Yes.

Hide it from bjh

Well folks. Time to grab a shovel and head over to wit-nit's yard and dig up the pot of gold he buried

Old 05-20-2019, 10:48 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head? An old, old fashioned leather football helmet, have had it for years!

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now? Denver Bronco t-shirt and cutoffs.

Do you ever wear slippers?not in years.

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops?don't have any

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions?The mid 1970's disco era---ugh!

BONUS QUESTIONS

How many televisions are in your home? (John13, you are excused from answering this and the following few questions. )Three

What size are your TV screens and are they all HD flat-screen TVs?I still have old tv's, I asked my billfold for permission to buy a 46 inch Hitachi Smart tv, opened it up and laughter came out of it. Opened up my billfold again and the middle finger came out this time. GRR!

When did you last watch a movie on TV (not counting DVDs)?Am watching Tombstone on the AMC Channel, took a peek at the Weather Channel a bit ago, nasty weather in Oklahoma.

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC?yes, every now and then I do.

If you could watch only one TV series in reruns for the rest of your life, which series would you choose?Andy Griffith! I told my mom when I moved out on my own I wanted to be Gomer Pyle during the day, Otis Campbell at night, and Ernest T. Bass on weekends. YIPEE!!!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red __roses___________

____ocean_________ Blue

Yellow ___as in mellow--I love Donovan!_________

Fried green _tomatoes___________

My [your] favorite color to wear is Moody Blues Blue!___________

Have you ever seen a double rainbow?yeppirs- had one by my house last week!

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure?Help all my relatives and close friends.

Thanks PJ, hope everyone in the heartland states stay safe, nasty is the word for the weather.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:27 AM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

A conehead mask
I have an outfit that my mother found in a thrift store. It's black elephant bells with a handkerchief top in red paisley, very boho. Mom used to wear it as a gypsy costume for Halloween.
Uh-oh. I just got out of the shower, so I'm naked except for a red fleece robe and a towel on my head.
Yes, I'm wearing them now. Since I retired, I wear them around the house a lot.
One pair, and I haven't worn them in dog years.
I think the FIfties were pretty bad. Those long, full skirts that hit at mid-calf the most unflattering part of a woman's leg. Sack dresses. Pedal pushers - ditto. Those pointy breasts. Tight, short hairstyles on women. Heavy eyebrows. Ugly swimsuits. Greasy Brylcreem styles on men.
Yes, I remember the fad but never wore one.

BONUS QUESTIONS

One.
It's flat screen HD, and I think it's 42'.
I'm watching one right now: "Flying Down to Rio" (1933), the first film to pair Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
I don't have a PC, but I have watched DVDs on my old laptops. The new one I just got doesn't have a disc drive.
"Hollywood," a series on the history of the silent movie era.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red wagon

Jackie Blue (song from the 70s)

Yellow Submarine

Fried green Tomatoes

My [your] favorite color to wear is blue-green (teal, turquoise, aqua)

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Yes, I have. There's an ice cream company here called Double Rainbow that is named for one that appeared over San Francisco in the 70s. I remember seeing it.

Hide it from the IRS and cash it in a very small amount at a time so as not to raise suspicion.

Thanks, Miss PJ!

Old 05-21-2019, 12:47 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I usually never wear anything on my head, but I did wear hijab when visiting some of the Muslim countries, and when visiting mosque. There are many very pretty hijab draping styles. https://tinyurl.com/y56bo67e

Other than for Halloween party? Nothing really unusual.

Not much. Well, you asked!

Yes, but not those classic ugly ones.
Spoiler

NONE! I despise them dearly. Those are beach/pool/sauna shoewear, but people wear them everywhere else.

The '70s hippie fashion was weird, and the '80s dramatic shoulder pads made every woman look super "athletic".
Definitely the hairstyles of the '80s: big, sprayed, teased and voluminous and fringes - thick and puffy.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s I owned a few paper dresses. Do you remember those, and did you ever wear one? https://groovyhistory.com/paper-dres...66-fashion-fad

I don't think it was trendy outside the US, and at that time I was too young for any fashion anyway...

BONUS QUESTIONS

One. In sunroom.

42" flat HD but several years old already.

Today, briefly.

Yes. When traveling.

Not that passionate about TV, but I did watch a few TV shows for a second time.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red October

Baby Blue

Yellow Tourmaline (have a pretty ring with that stone)

Fried green apples

My [your] favorite color to wear is black.

Just this, and it disappeared quickly. BTW: did you noticed that the second rainbow colors are inverted?
Spoiler

Are you kidding? Kept it!!

You too, Pammy! Thank you!

Last edited by elnina; 05-21-2019 at 01:45 AM..

Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What is the most unusual thing you've ever worn on your head? - D/K

Describe the most unusual article of clothing (can be a costume) you've ever worn. - D/K

Not to sound perverted , but..... what are you wearing right now? - Boxers, t-shirt, and socks.

Do you ever wear slippers? - Never

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own, and when did you last wear a pair of flip-flops? - Never wore them.

During your lifetime, which decade do you think had the worst fashions? - Now, especially all those with tattoos and the ripped jeans.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever watched a movie or a TV show on your PC? - Sometimes but when I do I mostly watch clips on YouTube.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Fill in the blanks:

Red Rain (Peter Gabriel song)

Almost Blue (Elvis Costello song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxslYu-MWU

Yellow Fever (Hot Tuna CD)

Fried green ____________

My [your] favorite color to wear is ___________

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? - Don't remember...

If you found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, what would you do with your treasure? - Depends how much it's worth...
If possible - retire. Then buy health insurance and a new computer. If I had a lot I'd give most of it away. I'm older and do not need much...

Thanks, Pam!

Last edited by John13; 05-21-2019 at 03:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics