Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 11:06 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,080,080 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma?

What city was your high school located in?

What was the name of your high school?

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class?

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in?

For those who live in Canada - If you had a blank map of Canada, can you write in the names of all the provinces and their capital cities?

For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in?

I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year?

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish?

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)?

It's late, I'm tired, and this is all I can come up with for now, boys and girls. I hope you had fun! Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-15-2021 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 11:27 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma?

What city was your high school located in? Brentwood (not a city)

What was the name of your high school? Brentwood High School

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? The one I remember most was titled "Our Mr Sun." Saw in one of my science classes.

"Our Mr. Sun is a 1956 one-hour American television film in Technicolor written, produced, and directed by Frank Capra. It is a documentary that explains how the Sun works and how it also plays a huge part in human life. - Wikipedia

There was another one, title I don't remember, content I don't remember about blood. I remember it existed only because a boy in my biology class passed out when he saw it. Fell right off his lab stool.

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in? All of them. When I was a kid I had maps on my walls of the US and the world. I used to look at the world map a lot during the Vietnam War. I look at US maps, still, for road trips.

For those who live in Canada - If you had a blank map of Canada, can you write in the names of all the provinces and their capital cities?

For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in? Maybe half.

I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room. books, jigsaw puzzles

BONUS QUESTIONS

Don't remember

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? No

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? No but I bet I'm going to have trouble this summer taking photos of birds who will have feasted on cicadas and won't be persuaded by peanuts, grapes and meal worms to show themselves.

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? V8 <barf> Like fruit smoothies.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:05 AM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Santa Clara, California.
It is now called Santa Clara, but when I was there it was called Buchser.
When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class?
Oh, yes. All the time. I remember one teacher who, if a student made the mistake of calling them "movies," would be sharply corrected. "They're not 'movies.' They're educational films."
For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in?
Hmm. Good question! I think I could get most of them as long as I had the outlines of the states to go by.
N/A
For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in?
Uh-oh. I'm in trouble. I could identify the major countries such as France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece and Switzerland, but I would probably have trouble identifying the others.
I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room.
I liked the big blocks in different shapes and the musical instruments.
BONUS QUESTIONS

No, I haven't.
In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year?
No, we don't have those here. I've only seen them on TV.
Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish?
I'm sure they taste just like chicken, but no thanks.
Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)?
I've had retsina, a Greek wine that is flavored with pine resin.

Thanks, Pammy!

Old 06-15-2021, 12:08 AM

44,641 posts, read 61,661,969 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma? 12-BC

What city was your high school located in? Caledonia

What was the name of your high school? Brontosaurus Ewe .

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? No, only tablet to tablet.

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in? Most of them.

For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in? A bunch.

I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room. Tetradactyl bones and teeth.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? Many.

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? No.

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? Nooo!

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? Beer slushie.

Ms Pam

Old 06-15-2021, 04:32 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma? - 1973

What city was your high school located in? - Bladensburg, MD

What was the name of your high school? - Same

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? - I don't think so.

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in? - Maybe all. If not, almost all.

- Not many.

I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room. - I did not attend.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? - I don't think so.

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? - The "millions and millions" are here. I made a couple of trips to Baltimore County (a short drive going north) recently and I saw even more. The hot spot for cicadas are in my general area and I wish they would go away. I have to deal with them for about another month.

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? - Heard about this and no way.

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? - I had a couple of smoothies but it was a while ago and I couldn't tell you how it was made.

It's late, I'm tired, and this is all I can come up with for now, boys and girls. I hope you had fun! Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 06-15-2021, 05:38 AM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma? 42 years ago

What city was your high school located in? I finished my last few high school years in Vancouver/British Columbia/Canada after immigrating

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? Yes mostly educational films

For those who live in Canada - If you had a blank map of Canada, can you write in the names of all the provinces and their capital cities? Yes I can

For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in? All the ones I visited

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? Yes a few times

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? Not here,but I have heard them years ago and were they ever noisy

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? No thank youuuu

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? I remember drinking a water, milk and rose syrup drink and I did not like the taste.Another drink I had there was grated carrot and sweetened milk or hot turmeric milk

It's late, I'm tired, and this is all I can come up with for now, boys and girls. I hope you had fun! Now go forth, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

THANK YOU Pammy

Old 06-15-2021, 06:35 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,922,834 times
Good morning, everyone. Thanks for QOTD, Pam!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Oh yes. The best times were walking into class and seeing the projector set up on the little rolling cart in the middle of the class room.

All 50. I've played this game on the internet several times over the years.

I don't live in Canada, but I can do about 9 or ten provinces and territories.

A handful.

I skipped Kindergarten.

BONUS QUESTIONS

I don't recall ever finding one.

Nope

Nope

Not really sure. I won't eat or drink things I am not comfortable with. No sense of adventure here!

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 06-15-2021, 06:42 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,434,508 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Back in then 1900s. More specifically in the ‘90s.

Houston suburbia.

I’ll keep that private for privacy reasons.

Some, but mostly VHS.

I think I’d do pretty well.

I’ll have to test myself.

The bins of small colorful toys, I think meant for teaching things like counting.

BONUS QUESTIONS

No.

I don’t think I have.

No.

I can’t think of anything unusual. I did have a peach and black pepper flavored soda but that was all delicious chemicals, not plant based.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:01 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,225,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma? 1971

What city was your high school located in? Kent, Washington

What was the name of your high school? Kent-Meridian

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? I fondly remember "Our Mr Sun"

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in? Everything but New England

For everyone - If you had a blank map of the EU, how many countries could you correctly write their names in? Not sure

I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room. Don't remember, but probably crayons and paper

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? No

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? We live on the west coast, no Cicadas

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? Yes, I hear they are delicious

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? Nothing unusual, just Mike's hard lemonade

I have to bury a cat today. She did live to be 17!

Old 06-15-2021, 07:26 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,557,742 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It just occurred to me that June 15, 2021 marks 49 years since I graduated from high school. If you dare to share, what year did you receive your high school diploma? I graduated May 24, 1974

What city was your high school located in? Mayfield, Ky.

What was the name of your high school? Mayfield High School. My class was the first to graduate from a new building

When you were in school (any grade), did you ever watch reel-to-reel films in class? That's all there was then

For those who live in the United States - If you had a blank map (lines but no writing) of the U.S., how many states could you correctly write their names in? All of them

I could get several
I know a couple/few of you did not attend kindergarten, but for those who did - Name one or two of your favorite playthings in your kindergarten room. Didn't attend

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? Nope. But my ex wife had a knack for it. I could look all over the yard and never find one. She'd look over the same area and could find 2 or 3.

In parts of the U.S., this year millions and millions of 17-year-locusts (cicadas) are making an appearance. Have you seen a cicada this year? Not this year. Went through that about 5 years ago where we live now and 8 or 9 years where we used to live

Cicadas are edible. Some restaurants in areas which are inundated with cicadas this year have created special dishes made with cicadas. () Could you be persuaded to try such a dish? Nope. But they're great fish bait. Bass and catfish love them.

Yesterday, someone offered me a beer that was flavored with prickly pear cactus juice. I only tasted hers; didn't like it. What's the most unusual beverage you've consumed that was plant-related (e.g., carrot juice, kale smoothie, dandelion wine)? I'm not one to try something like that

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics