Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:55 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

~ One famous person and where they are/were most known to reside:

~ The sitcom that you have watched probably more than any other in your life:

~ Something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal:

~ Have you bought anything since Thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price?

~ What type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it:

~ Stepped on gooey gum this past year?

~ What fruits, nuts or berries have you picked?

~ Place your order for when we all go to the good Italian restaurant:

~ Your favorite day of the week is:

~ One thing that you look forward to each week is:

~ Your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a:

~ What was the last thing that you peeled?

~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! :

**** There you are...may your Fryday give you something to grin about and your week ahead be especially nice! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:21 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Robert Burns in Ayr, Scotland.

M.A.S.H.

Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.

~ Have you bought anything since Thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price?
Nope.

~ What type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it:
Beach Ball.

Luckily, no.

I picked up blueberries at that store.

Lasagna, angel hair pasta, bread, bread and more bread.

Today.

The Rachel Maddow Show.

Lined post-it notes.

I didn't.

~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! :
Vanilla. I love vanilla.

**** There you are...may your Fryday give you something to grin about and your week ahead be especially nice! ****

Thank you, RR. Nice to see you.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Tommy Lee Jones.....San Antonio, Texas

Mash

I don't think there's such a thing as inexpensive anymore. Rather maybe. Hamburgers or a Mexican plate.

Some dog treats had a coupon.

If I'm not liable .....a bowling ball. If I am liable ...one of those blow up beach balls.

Don't think so, just dog poop.

Lemons, pecans, key limes, Chinese plums ..

16 oz. Rib-eye, baked potato and a salad. I'm not high on Italian.

Friday! Always has been.

Having the Gkids around.

Big yellow legal pad size.

Sweet potato. ~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! :
Vanilla!

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 12-01-2016 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 12:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
When I used to work for Royal Mail, I used to deliver the mail to Bobby Ball. Now, I know that name doesn't mean much to Americans. But, for a while Bobby, and his partner Tommy Cannon, were big theater, and telly stars here in England. He lived in a big old row house next to a golf course. This is the early days of his fame, because he soon moved to a big house in the country. Gawd, he was funny......... he had a shrub in a big tub in front of his living room window. Once I passed, and it was lying on it's side, so I stood it up. Bobby ran out, and kicked it over again. Well, it seemed funny at the time.......

The sitcom I have watched more than any other would probably be 'Everybody Loves Raymond.' It's still on here in England every morning.

Something inexpensive I like eating? Fish and chips....... I'll be having some later today at the coast.

Here are Cannon and Ball 30 years ago. They sure made us laugh. I know, times change..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwyBep0jbI

Old 12-02-2016, 12:22 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ one famous person and where they are/were most known to reside: sam elliot in central oregon.

~ the sitcom that you have watched probably more than any other in your life: maybe '2-1/2 men'.

~ something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal: a big bowl of good mashed potatoes. First grilled cheese came to mind, but cheese is really expensive anymore.

~ have you bought anything since thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price? just last night - western boots.

~ what type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it:

~ stepped on gooey gum this past year? yep.

~ what fruits, nuts or berries have you picked? blackberries, huckleberries, raspberries.

~ place your order for when we all go to the good italian restaurant: seafood fettucini with a good alfredo sauce, and chicken.

~ your favorite day of the week is: saturday

~ one thing that you look forward to each week is: more sleep on the weekends.

~ your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a: well, i use a clipboard, if that's what you mean.

~ what was the last thing that you peeled? samsuma oranges in louisiana

~ we all get a free soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! : chocolate!

**** there you are...may your fryday give you something to grin about and your week ahead be especially nice! ****
tgif!

Old 12-02-2016, 12:25 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:

~ The sitcom that you have watched probably more than any other in your life: I am more of a movie/documentary/series type girl

~ Something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal: an omelet

~ Have you bought anything since Thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price? My new winter coat.

~ What type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it: a marble

~ Stepped on gooey gum this past year? yes

~ What fruits, nuts or berries have you picked? blueberries, strawberries, apples

~ Place your order for when we all go to the good Italian restaurant: cheese ravioli with a nice marinara sauce with freshly shaved parmesan cheese on top

~ Your favorite day of the week is: For now probably Mondays--I am off Sundays and Mondays. It is a quiet day and if I have to run errands there are not crowds around.

~ One thing that you look forward to each week is: Home. I have a job that has lots of people around, I always look forward to getting home where it is quiet.

~ Your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a: my 8x6 inch spiral notebook

~ What was the last thing that you peeled? clementine

~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! : chocolate/vanilla mix please

Wishing you a lovely Friday.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:28 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
~ One famous person and where they are/were most known to reside: Well, Gene Autry lived in Toluca Lake, CA near Bob Hope and other celebrities of the 30s/40s/50s era.

~ The sitcom that you have watched probably more than any other in your life: I watch tv but don't remember what I watch. Maybe Big Bang Theory?

~ Something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal: Cucumbers and tomatoes (when in season at the farmer's market) and feta cheese and a pinch of oregano and a dollop of olive oil.

~ What type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it: I only have dog and cat balls on hand. Probably the cats' super ball would roll the furthest, but may veer wildly off course.

~ What fruits, nuts or berries have you picked? Plums, Apples, Walnuts, Strawberries, Blueberries.

~ Place your order for when we all go to the good Italian restaurant: I dunno. Not my favorite cuisine. Do they do a good fish dish?

~ Your favorite day of the week is: Thursday

~ One thing that you look forward to each week is: The fact that I don't have a firm schedule and can expect the unexpected.

~ Your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a: I love me some lined 2x4 post-its. Or my laptop .

~ What was the last thing that you peeled? Kiwi fruit.~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! : Nuh uh; it's too COLD for ice cream! Ask me again next May.

Thanks, Roosty! I just read something about green doors, but I forget what.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Robin Williams lived in Tiburon, California (just north of San Francisco).

I Love Lucy

Macaroni and cheese

Yes, earlier this week I bought some items online that were on sale.

One of those gigantic fitness balls you see in gyms. That would be fun to watch.

No, thank heaven.

I have picked raspberries, apples, lemons and strawberries.

Caesar salad (hold the anchovies)
Chicken piccata
A glass of Prosecco
Cannoli and espresso for dessert

Tuesday

Dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant every Tuesday night.

Paper and a number two pencil

A carrot

~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now!
I'd like mine to be dipped, please.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 12-02-2016, 12:49 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
~ one famous person and where they are/were most known to reside:
Historic: Helen Keller, humanitarian, born in Tuscumbia AL
Current: Robin Roberts, co-anchor on Good Morning America, born in Tuskegee AL

~ the sitcom that you have watched probably more than any other in your life:
I Love Lucy

~ something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal:
Enjoy tomato soup w/a grilled cheese sandwich especially in the winter.

~ have you bought anything since thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price?
Not yet

~ what type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it:
Bowling ball

~ stepped on gooey gum this past year?

~ what fruits, nuts or berries have you picked?
Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and scuppernongs from the large arbor my grandparents had in their yard back when I was growing up, haven't seen any since.

~ place your order for when we all go to the good italian restaurant:
Fettuccine Alfredo, salad & garlic bread

~ your favorite day of the week is:
Friday thru Sunday!

~ one thing that you look forward to each week is:
Enjoying what each new day brings as it unfolds.

~ your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a:
Paper notepad w/pen

~ what was the last thing that you peeled?
Banana

~ we all get a free soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! :
Chocolate dipped ice cream cone like those at Dairy Queen

**** there you are...may your fryday give you something to grin about and your week ahead be especially nice! ****
Thanks Roosty for Friday's QotD, nice job!

Happy Friday, happy weekend all, enjoy!

Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

- All In The Family

~ Something rather inexpensive that you don't mind eating for a meal: - Steamed broccoli, rice, mushrooms

~ Have you bought anything since Thanksgiving that was at a special discounted price? - No

~ What type of ball will you choose...to roll down a 4 mile long inclined, straight street...no cars or pets or people on it: - Pass

~ Stepped on gooey gum this past year? - No, more like 2-3 years ago at a gas station..

~ What fruits, nuts or berries have you picked? - D/K, maybe never.

~ Place your order for when we all go to the good Italian restaurant: - Most any meatless pasta with extra garlic and mushrooms.

~ Your favorite day of the week is: - I don't have one at this time. Maybe I will in about a month...

~ One thing that you look forward to each week is: - Nothing special - walking, internet. D/K, I just woke up, ha, ha.

~ Your favorite type of writing pad thingy is a: - Scratch paper will do...

~ What was the last thing that you peeled? - Banana, yesterday

~ We all get a FREE soft-serve ice cream cone! Yayyy! Order yours now! : - Vanilla and chocolate twist. Thanks!

Thanks, rainroosty
Happy Friday to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics