Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:37 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,085,705 times

Advertisements

All my kid's were watching a movie in the living room today.
I was taking laundry down the hall.
I heard a noise coming from the bedroom.
Like a whimper sound.

Kinda scared me.: :

I only heard it once.
I went into my other son's bedroom and noticed the window was unlocked.
I never keep my window's unlocked.

Then I heard the sound again.
OK, now I was scared.
I quickly locked the window .
( Like that is going to help right.)

I opened my son's door where the noise came from.
Then I heard it for the third time.

Have you ever heard a noise in your house and got scared like this...... ?
Is this a girl thing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 06:40 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,281,328 times
Aren't you going to tell us what the noise ended up being??

Oh, and I hear noises that freak me out all of the time. Usually when I am home alone & it is dark out.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:41 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,104,008 times
Maybe your son has a kitty you don't know about!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:41 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,002,551 times
If I were you I'd tell my boys what I heard and where and ask them to tell you if they hear it too or if they've heard it before. I'd also ask about the unlocked window. Maybe one of your boys did what I used to do as a teenager and was secretly smoking out the window the night before or at some point, or sneaking out at night?? and forgot to lock it again?
I think you're thinking this may be supernatural and I hear noises in the house sometimes too, noises that intrude into my consciousness and I hit the mute on the remote control and strain to make out what the source is. Then I automatically check the driveway to see if there's a car or vehicle that came onto the property as my house is two acres in from the road and sometimes I don't hear the cars approach.
Ask your kids!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:52 PM

This is what I heard in the bedroom!
My sons new toy!
If you leave this toy turned on .
After awhile the dog will start making those noises!
Because the dog is sad your not playing with it.

My 4 year old had gone into his brothers room and turned it on without anyone knowing.

It is OK to laugh go ahead !

Attachment 1703

Last edited by DBNN; 07-27-2007 at 01:44 PM..

Old 03-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
If I were you I'd tell my boys what I heard and where and ask them to tell you if they hear it too or if they've heard it before. I'd also ask about the unlocked window. Maybe one of your boys did what I used to do as a teenager and was secretly smoking out the window the night before or at some point, or sneaking out at night?? and forgot to lock it again?
I think you're thinking this may be supernatural and I hear noises in the house sometimes too, noises that intrude into my consciousness and I hit the mute on the remote control and strain to make out what the source is. Then I automatically check the driveway to see if there's a car or vehicle that came onto the property as my house is two acres in from the road and sometimes I don't hear the cars approach.
Ask your kids!
Sorry, it took me so long to tell what it was. I was uploading that picture and didn't know anyone had responded to the thread.
It was my 15 year old son who left the window open.

You might of just got him in trouble Mo-Mark.

I hadn't thought about the sneaking out thing.
Thanks,
I will keep an eye out for that.
He has never done it before but he is 15.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:04 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,002,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
This is what I heard in the bedroom!
My sons new toy!
If you leave this toy turned on .
After awhile the dog will start making those noises!
Because the dog is sad your not playing with it.

My 4 year old had gone into his brothers room and turned it on without anyone knowing.

It is OK to laugh go ahead !

Attachment 1703
That is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,281,328 times
OMG! Too funny! And don't you hate the feeling stupid part that comes after the relief of discovering that there is NOT a serial killer or the boogeyman hiding in your house.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:24 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,389,187 times
My daughter had a sleepy ernie from Sesame Street and in the middle of the night I don't know what happened but I woke up to him saying "Ohh, I feel Great" and kept repeating it and it scared me to death since she never played with him I couldn't figure out where this was coming from. I should say that when you laid him down he would make sleepy sounds then snore and would be quiet and when you would set him up he would say "Ohh, I feel great". When I found him in the middle of the night acting like he just woke up and no-one had touched him, he was still laying down.

Just what was Ernie doing?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,971,285 times
LOL!!! Dang grandparents give my kids the loudest noisemaker toys around. We had that sleeping ernie too, it was a crack up. Oh, and those REALLY LOUD bumble balls. Dolls and such that make noise. All of those toys and more piled into a toy box/tub and in the middle of the night something shifts and it goes off. Or the baby doll they are sleeping w/ makes noises and it somehow falls off the bed downstairs it sounds like a loud thud and you think your child fell out of bed. Or the alarm clock my mil got one daughter that crowed like a rooster ALL NIGHT!!! OMYFREAKINGOSH!!!!!!! Or the clock that she bought both of them that made a REALLY loud ticking noise. You can hear ALL of that stuff REALLY good in the middle of the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics