Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Good morning.

I would teach everyone a simple lesson in kindness and common courtesy.

Oh my goodness, I loved all the Dr. Suess books. "Cat in the Hat" of course comes to mind.

I can't think of anything, off the top of my head, that I want or need.

Happy Monday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
Magnum Mike lived his whole life without ever reading a Dr Seuss book??? No wonder he's so messed up!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
Today's Question(s):

The "Educational Fairy" is stopping by and is going to ask you to teach one thing to everyone today

What will you teach us about ? Beekeeping

Bonus Question:

In Honor of Dr. Seuss's Birthday

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ? Cat in the Hat

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of National Salesperson Day

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? several things.....

hmmm maybe we need the "shopping fairy" to grant us a wish

Short and sweet

Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Today's Question(s):

The "Educational Fairy" is stopping by and is going to ask you to teach one thing to everyone today

What will you teach us about ? How not to sweat the small stuff.

Bonus Question:

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ? Hands down...The Grinch!

Extra Credit Question:

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? New appliances

hmmm maybe we need the "shopping fairy" to grant us a wish On please please please!

1965 "Sound Of Music" opens-love this!

Today is:
Silly Putty Day-cool stuff!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Karla, I would introduce you to NCLive reference. Anyone in NC can get in touch with their local library and they will introduce you to it. It requires a password.

"And to think I saw it on Mulberry Street" is my Dr. Suess favorite.

I keep looking at those TV screens that are as large as one of the walls in my livingroom. Mr. VA says we don't need another TV. I want to take the one we have in the livingroom and put it in the bedroom. He is afraid I will keep him awake with it and he is probably right.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today's Question(s):

What will you teach us about ? Relaxation... Maybe some Yoga.

Bonus Question:

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ? Horton Hears a Who... "A person's a person, no matter how small."

Extra Credit Question:

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? I need a new car. I'd like a convertible, please!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
[b]Today's Question(s):

What will you teach us about ?
I would like to teach a course on how to not get sent to your room. Don't think it's worth it for 1 student. I guess I'll defer to "How to be happy, even when married."

Bonus Question:

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ?
I'm with Mike on this one. Never read one.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ?
A new house in Tennessee but not until someone out there buys this one.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 AM

821 posts, read 2,012,017 times
Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? a new camera, mine quit working. I have borrowed one from my uncle untill I find out exactly what I want (have narrowed it down to 2) but now have to find a really good deal (sale) on it before I buy it.

1965 "Sound Of Music" opens maybe I can talk my husband into watching this tonight

National Banana Creme Pie Day I think I will make one of these today

Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Today's Question(s):

What will you teach us about ? ~ honesty, forgiving, trust, compassion, those emotions and feelings that most of us tend to have, but need to dust off from time to time and put them up front and use them daily. (If I teach it, I’ve got to bone up a little more myself.)

Bonus Question:

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ? ~

Extra Credit Question:

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? ~ A new camera.

hmmm maybe we need the "shopping fairy" to grant us a wish ~ And it just so happened that Saturday my betterhalf and I stopped by Costco and bought a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times

What will you teach us about ? patience

Bonus Question:

What was or is you favorite Dr. Seuss book ? Green Eggs And Ham

Extra Credit Question:

Is there an item that you have been looking at but so far have resisted buying ? Yeah I have a little list going.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics