Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

It's one of those days!

Today's Question(s):
Let's talk about the last recipe you tried that didn't turn out the way is was supposed to. Did you:
eat it anyway?
offer it to someone else?
offer it to an animal (and did the animal eat it...or reject it? )?
throw it away?
Did you ever try to make that thing again?
If so, did it ever turn out right?

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour?

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1981 "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" starring Harrison Ford premieres
Birthday: 1929 Anne Frank (1942 gets her diary as a birthday present, Amsterdam)
Politics: 1991 Boris Yeltsin elected president of Russian Federation
Pop Culture: 1923 Harry Houdini frees himself from a straight jacket while suspended upside down, 40 feet (12 m) above ground in New York City
Science/Technology: 1965 Big Bang theory of creation of universe is supported by announcement of discovery of new celestial bodies know as blue galaxies
Sports: 1991 45th NBA Championship: Chicago Bulls beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 1
Odd: 1962 3 convicts used spoons to dig their way out of Alcatraz

Today’s Word: expansive
Pronunciation: (ik-SPAN-siv)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Having a wide range; comprehensive.
2. Friendly, open, communicative.
3. Having a tendency or capacity to expand.
Etymology: From Latin expandere (to spread out), from ex- (out) + pandere (to spread). Earliest documented use: 1651.

Today is:
Crowded Nest Awareness Day
Loving Day
National Jerky Day
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

Quote of the Day: "Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” ~ Anne Frank

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Today's Question(s): Hi Pats Hi Cats Hi everybody! I got 11 pounds of split chicken breasts and 2 good rump roasts.

Let's talk about the last recipe you tried that didn't turn out the way is was supposed to. Did you:
eat it anyway?
~ I don't much use recipes, really....except for Yorkshire Pudding, because that does need to be pretty much precise.
Last thing that I did that wasn't so great was two steaks that I overcooked. I think I did that because I was....errr.....a wee bit tipsy! Anyway, that was quite some time ago.
We ate it anyway.

~ Oh, yeah.

~ Yep!

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour?
~ Go to Chinese buffet - eat like piggies - go home.

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.?
~ Spam, WD-40 and duct tape.

Today is:
Crowded Nest Awareness Day ~ Hey! You! Get off of my crowd! (Rolling Stones)
Loving Day ~
National Jerky Day ~ Rather have a Slim Jim, but not a real spicy one.
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day ~ Oh boy!

Quote of the Day: "Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” ~ Anne Frank

**** Thank you PatzCatz! You and everyone, have a blessed day with good culinary action! ****

Last edited by rainroosty; 06-12-2013 at 07:19 AM..

Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Happy Hump Day!

It's one of those days!

Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway?
throw it away?
Did you ever try to make that thing again? yes
If so, did it ever turn out right? yes

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour? I'd magically appear in Aruba, St. Thomas or St. Maarten and swim in the ocean and lay around the beach with a tropical cocktail in hand.

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.? If I run out of fabric softener I make my own: 6 cups of hot water, 2 cups of hair conditioner, 3 cups of white vinegar.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway?
throw it away?

Don't use recipes.

Bonus Question:

I'm retired so I don't need it. I'll give my hour to the next poster after me.

Just for Fun:

small safety pin for when you lose a small screw in one of your your eyeglass arms.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway?
throw it away? <--This
Did you ever try to make that thing again? Yes
If so, did it ever turn out right? Yes!

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour? Maybe go to the park and walk an extra mile. Thanks, LauraC! ^^^

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.? Duct tape seems to be the best universal fix-it for me, anyway.

Happy Hump Day!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
It's one of those days!

Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway? Hahahahahaha! They were mud pies and cow pies.
offer it to someone else? Yes, but they refused.
offer it to an animal (and did the animal eat it...or reject it? )? The animals shied away from them.
throw it away? The mud pies yes but the cow pies were entered into a pie throwing contest.
Did you ever try to make that thing again? Only when Billy Jean wanted to play house, we were 6 yrs old.
If so, did it ever turn out right? Nah, she kept saying pooh and shoved them into my pants pocket.

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour? Go to the Ferrari dealer and test drive all the cars.

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.? Aloe Vera for healing. A twig and duct tape for broken bones. When substituting it's a beer in a can then switching it to a glass.

Happy Hump Day, gawd it's raining like cats and dogs, poor things, enjoy...

Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
It is off to the airport in a few hours. Work has me going to Alaska for a few days. Seems like I am spending more time there than when I lived there.

Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway?
throw it away?
It has been a long time since I made something so bad even I could not eat it. I do recall giving my garbage disposal a workout a few years ago.

I doubt it. I stick to simple recipes. Thus chances are it was the recipe and not my cooking.

Bonus Question:
So many places and only an hour to use. I think I will just stroll across the street and relax in the park for an hour.

Just for Fun:
For healing injuries I pretty much use the 'stick my head in the sand and hope the injury is not serious' approach. I would go to the doctor but they always say the injury is minor and then start looking for other things to treat.

I have to be one of the few people in the world that is not impressed by duct tape. I prefer super glue.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
Sunny and 100 in the NV desert today.

Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway

Did you ever try to make that thing again? Not yet.

You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour? Just what I'm doing -- waking up, coffee, catching up on email, news, Words with Friends, C-D.

What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury - sleep; fixing a damaged object -- glue, duct tape.

Thanks PatsCats and happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway? I don't recall, but I probably ate it anyway. I hate to waste food. I probably tried to doctor it up to make it better.
offer it to someone else? No.
offer it to an animal (and did the animal eat it...or reject it? )? Haha - No.
throw it away? Probably not.
Did you ever try to make that thing again? I don't recall.
If so, did it ever turn out right? I don't recall.
I know enough about cooking and baking that I can usually eyeball a recipe and tell whether it will be good. Even if I'm making it for the first time, I have a pretty good feel on how to tweak it for my own taste. I don't remember what the last recipe was that I tried and was disappointed in.

Bonus Question:
You have one just hour to go wherever you want, and do whatever you want. How and where will you spend that single hour? I would spend it taking a talk in the woods.

Just for Fun:
What is your favorite DIY (Do It Yourself) for healing an injury, fixing a damaged object, substituting one thing for another, etc.? For a minor cut, I'd use antibiotic cream and a bandage. To fix a damaged object, it would depend entirely on what the object is and what the damage is. One substitution I use at home is vinegar in place of other cleaning products.

Today’s Word: expansive
Pronunciation: (ik-SPAN-siv)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Having a wide range; comprehensive.
2. Friendly, open, communicative.
3. Having a tendency or capacity to expand.
Etymology: From Latin expandere (to spread out), from ex- (out) + pandere (to spread). Earliest documented use: 1651.

Today is:
Crowded Nest Awareness Day My nest is empty except for me; just the way I like it.
Loving Day XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!
National Jerky Day Yum!
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day Yum YUM!

Have a great day everyone! Happy hump day!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Today's Question(s):
eat it anyway?
throw it away?
Sorry, I don't do recipes for food as The Super Chief has banned me from cooking for some obscure reason.

Bonus Question:
With just a hour I will take a nap.

Just for Fun:
Duct tape and super glue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics