Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

[quote=Karla with a K;11181649]Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
The sun is shining bright this morning here in NE FL
So it has been one of those Be-Bop/meander around the house mornings
lol which is why I am running a little late with

Today's Question(s):

The "Laughing with you, not at you Fairy" is going to be coming to visit

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Do you usually go in or use the drive-thru at the :
Bank
ATM
Fast Food
Cleaners
My husband buys his cigarettes at a drive-thru.

Extra Credit Question:

How many people use your computer

At home ? I work from home.

At work ?

I was happy to see that Dave was the winner on "Hells Kitchen!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ?

ok...since we're among friends here....we just joined a new HOG (Harley Owners Group) chapter and at your 1st meeting you have to stand up and say what you ride. So hubby stands up and says...I ride a 08 Road King....so I stand up and say.....I got him...thumbing to hubby. The place erupts in laughter and hubby's face is bright red but he's laughing. The biker definition of "I've got him" is...."I ride him"....it might have been good to know that before the meeting. Oh well

Bonus Question:

Bank
ATM-Most of my banking is at the drive thru ATM....so this one!
Fast Food -I prefer this method
Cleaners I loathe cleaners...I have nothing that states "dry clean only"

Extra Credit Question:

At home ? Me=1

At work ? Me=1

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as __refinishing some wood___ would turn into a "project" ?

Today in History:
1926 - "Winnie-the-Pooh", made its debut on this day. Alan Alexander Milne wrote this and other delightful, "Winnie-the-Pooh" stories, centering the tales around his little son, Christopher Robin, and Christopher’s stuffed animals
1954 - With a cast of 25,000, the C.B. DeMille epic, "The Ten Commandments", starring Charlton Heston, began filming in Egypt.
1957 - Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" reaches #1 -My dad would wake me up every morning with this...sadly he can't sing well.

1968 - 1st live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft (Apollo 7) I vaguely remember this...I was only 6.

i hope you all have a most wonderful hump day!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Bank
ATM
Fast Food
Cleaners

Extra Credit Question:

At home ?

At work ?

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as ____________ would turn into a "project" ?

Out here we dont get many options for drive thru ATMs unless you go through another bank (then it costs you).
Im the only one that uses my computer at home, except for one time recently, had to let one of the kids use it only long enough to do some homework.
"......Something as simple as sorting through all my tools would turn out to be a major project...."

Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times
Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I waited 45 minutes for something I was baking only to realize I had forgot to turn the oven on____________ moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Bank no
ATMno
Fast Food seldom go but if I do I use the drive-thru
Cleaners I wish I had one available to me

Extra Credit Question:

At home ? 4 but mostly me

At work ? n/a

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as killing a spider would turn into a "project" ? It was a tarantula or a tarantula look alike that was crawling on my wall and I sprayed it with raid for about 20 minutes before it finally died.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 10-14-2009 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Today's Question(s):

It wasn't recently, but 5 years ago, when a friend of mine needed "staples", as in foods, and I thought she meant the actual staples we use at the office.. 115DB knows what I'm talking about.

Bonus Question:

Bank - I think it's best to walk into a bank, and not drive through it... I don't think cops like it when somebody drives through a bank..
ATM - It depends

Extra Credit Question:

At home ?
At work ?
I'm the only one who abuses.. I mean.. uses the computers at home and at the office...

Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ? geez i don't know - nothing much surprises me anymore LOL

Bank go in
ATM don't use
Fast Food rarely use - ummm...do both
Cleaners go in but haven't been in years! I don't think we even have a drive-thru one

At home ? just me - we each have our own. Well, he has multiple computers

At work ? When I worked full time I was the only one who used my pc

I never thought something as simple as getting an estimate for this work and having someone actually show up to do it! would turn into a "project" ?

Today is:
National Dessert Day every day!
International Top Spinning Day
Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day) rubbing Charley's head and Mike's head for good luck - any of the rest of you beautiful baldies?
National FRUMP Day (Honors Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons)
national lower case day !!! awesome blossom! i'm in!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Well lol I am trying to delay the fact that I have to do some cleaning today so let me delay it even further by answering

Today's Question(s):

Strutted around like a chicken in front of my 3rd graders yesterday we were trying to get them to guess an Egg so ...........

Bonus Question:

Bank - if it is just a simple deposit or if I am in a hurry I will use the drive thru
ATM - wow I can't remember the last time I used one
Fast Food - depends on how long the drive thru line is sometimes it is fast to go in

Cleaners - I dropped off something for my boss last week and no drive-thru so I had to go in

Extra Credit Question:

At home ?
pretty much just me unless hubby has to fix any issues

At work ?
Well I am "retired" so have no "work place" but I do have a office in my library with a laptop

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as
picking out new glasses would turn into a "project" ?

lol I must of tried on 30 pairs and enlisted the "help" of other in the glasses store for their opinion
I have it narrowed down to 2 pairs, going to drag hubby to help in the final decision

This is why I asked last week if those that wore glassed preferred the no line vs the lined lenses
I am going to give the no line progressive lenses a try !!! I hope I don't run into to many walls getting use to them

Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I went outside to get the dogs to do their business and the bar that locks on the slider came down locking me outside in me tee shirt and undies at 5:30 in the morning!!! Thank God I had a key under a pot on the front porch, but STILL..... I don't know which neighbors may have seen that spectacle!!! ____________ moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Bank *My bank has a branch inside my grocery store with great hours!
ATM - See above
Fast Food - drive thru... usually on my way somewhere on the highway
Cleaners - haven't used a dry cleaner in years

Extra Credit Question:

At home ? Me

At work ? N/A

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as getting my house ready for sale would turn into a "project" ?

Today in History:
1926 - "Winnie-the-Pooh", made its debut on this day. Alan Alexander Milne wrote this and other delightful, "Winnie-the-Pooh" stories, centering the tales around his little son, Christopher Robin, and Christopher’s stuffed animals
1954 - With a cast of 25,000, the C.B. DeMille epic, "The Ten Commandments", starring Charlton Heston, began filming in Egypt.
1957 - Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" reaches #1
1964 - Martin Luther King, Jr. wins Nobel Peace Prize, he donated the $54,000 he received to support civil rights in the U.S.
1968 - 1st live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft (Apollo 7) Boy, do I remember that day!!

Word of the Day:
pukka \PUHK-uh\ , adjective:
1. Authentic; genuine.
2. Superior; first-class.

What a weird word!!! It sounds like a word someone might smack you upside your ham sandwich for saying!!!
Today is:
National Dessert Day - I will do my upmost best to honor this day!!!
International Top Spinning Day
Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day) If I'd look OK, I'd be happy being bald! Think of the freedom ladies!!!!
National FRUMP Day (Honors Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons) Yessah!!! I'm likin' today better and better!!
national lower case day !!!
Finger talk with ya'll from the GREAT state of Maine tonight! Have a great day!!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM

591 posts, read 664,069 times

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I wearing my glasses in the shower. moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Bank go in
ATM at least once every 2 weeks
Fast Food go in
Cleaners don't go. I have wash and wear.

Extra Credit Question:

How many people use your computer My hubby and I each have one.

At home ? yes

At work ?

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as light cleaning would turn into a "project" ?

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY. SUPPOSE TO RAIN HERE.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day) rubbing Charley's head and Mike's head for good luck - any of the rest of you beautiful baldies?
LOL.. Why thank you Toosie.. While you're at it, can I have a shoulder and a back rub?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics