Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM

47 posts, read 68,514 times

Advertisements

I am sitting here eating at a Whole Foods and a little boy was running around touching everything in the cafe area and when the father went to use the water dispenser, the kid wanted to push the nozzle and then the father asked him if he knew how to do it and then turned his back and walked towards a table.

You'll NEVER guess what the kid did! He played around with the water handle! Total shocker! Never saw it coming! He pushed two of the handles at the same time with water pouring down.

Another patron saw this and looked at me with an alarmed look. I took off my headphones, about to alert the father and then he came back.

WTF?! The kid was about five, I would say. He seemed a bit ADHD because he had to have his hands on everything and was running amok. I have seen kids putting their grubby little paws into the bulk bins, on samples...

The parents are obviously responsible for all this and not the child. So I would have spoken to the dad if he hadn't seen it in time.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
The most I would have done is pointed it out to an employee in the area ( to save him the trouble of cleaning up a mess). Why do people feel the need to police everybody else's children?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 PM

47 posts, read 68,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The most I would have done is pointed it out to an employee in the area ( to save him the trouble of cleaning up a mess). Why do people feel the need to police everybody else's children?
It's not YOUR child! It's not YOUR property! And by your logic, maybe YOU should control YOUR children so other people don't have to run around and find workers. How dumb. A) There weren't any nearby and B) the dad needs to pull up his Big Girl panties and accept someone telling him that his child is playing with the water. That's the horrific price you pay for IRRESPONSIBILITY!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask and it shall be given View Post
It's not YOUR child! It's not YOUR property! And by your logic, maybe YOU should control YOUR children so other people don't have to run around and find workers. How dumb. A) There weren't any nearby and B) the dad needs to pull up his Big Girl panties and accept someone telling him that his child is playing with the water. That's the horrific price you pay for IRRESPONSIBILITY!
1) If you want to last here, you need to settle down.

2) Enjoy these recent threads about OTHER people's kids misbehaving in public.

Taking bad/noisy kids with you vs leaving them home?

Strangers encouraging "rude" behavior

what do you all think of this mother ? what would you have done ?

Parents letting kids make a mess and leaving it at the restuarant

Old 10-05-2013, 06:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask and it shall be given View Post
First of all, I have difficulty believing that there were NO employees in the cafe section of a Whole Foods, on a Saturday.

Secondly, go ahead, tell a parent they need to pull up their panties, and come back and tell me how that works out.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Kids must've gotten all wound up after a day of running around statues in the park annoying people posting from their Chromebook. Heck, at least they didn't turn the water on you. Other people might've. Adults even.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:15 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
I would've just screamed, "Hey! Behave yourself!"

Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Settle down or she won't last? Seriously, I don't see what she said to be so wrong. I would have tried to find a manager. Parenting is a responsibility. Sadly, if the father was no better than to allow this, it explains a lot why the child was behaving the way he was. The children's behavior has a direct link to the parenting skills or lack of them.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Settle down or she won't last? Seriously, I don't see what she said to be so wrong. I would have tried to find a manager. Parenting is a responsibility. Sadly, if the father was no better than to allow this, it explains a lot why the child was behaving the way he was. The children's behavior has a direct link to the parenting skills or lack of them.
She claims to be asking advice, then lays into the first responder.

Somebody's awfully high strung to be hanging out in Whole Foods.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:26 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Because sometimes things just need to be done. Why do some people just let things happen and do absolutely nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting