Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 05:12 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times

Advertisements

Well, as someone with money in hand I've never had a restaurant turn the other cheek when I have a toddler. Now i haven't tried "TRU" but I have racked up some that turned out just fine

1 - Pied De Cochon in MOntreal. Place doesn't even have booster seats. . but damn, what 1 year old doesn't love foi gras poutine?

2 - La Tour Vail, co - well it was mud season, not nearly as bad as what you think

3 - Euclid Hall Denver, CO. - a pleasent surprise. They had a couple booster seats (for the entire restuarant) and the noise/open of the restaurant helped to hide the fact that we came with 3-ipads for 3 toddlers (technically 2 ipads 1 nexus )

Have you done this? Have you brought evil eyes upon you? Has the restaurant smiled and taken your money without a comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Nicest Restaurant you brought a toddler (or Infant)?
Denny's.

Taking a toddler or infant out to a nice restaurant is rude to the other patrons
and mean to the child.

When they can sit up and read the menu... maybe.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Chasen's.

We liked the chili. So did half of Hollywood.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:55 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,213,908 times
There is a HUGE difference between an infant and a toddler. Monumental.

We could have taken either of ours, 5 months and younger, in the bucket to any restaurant without a peep, if we planned it right. 0-3 months, even better. We did in fact, including a very, very nice sushi place.

While my toddlers were/are pretty well-behaved, we don't really take them to 'date-nice' restaurants as I wouldn't enjoy myself as much as if it were just me, my spouse and at least four strong drinks between us.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
3 - Euclid Hall Denver, CO. - a pleasent surprise. They had a couple booster seats (for the entire restuarant) and the noise/open of the restaurant helped to hide the fact that we came with 3-ipads for 3 toddlers (technically 2 ipads 1 nexus )
I hope they at least had earphones. If not, that is just rude of the parents to make the tables around them listen to whatever tv show/music video/game your 3 children are each listening too. People go to nice restaurants not just for a nice meal, but also for the ambiance. 3 different ipads playing at one table should not be apart of that.

Of course I also don't think electronics have any place at the dinner table. You should be out to enjoy each others company, not to pretend like you're at home eating in front of the tv. Its just bad manners.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
My boyfriends then 3 year old niece was at his birthday dinner and it was a pretty nice place.
Chili's kind of set up with a bar and restaurant but super nice.

She was quiet, ate her food, had fun with us, did sit with various family members at the table and didn't have anything to keep her attention like an iPad or anything. She colored and ate and behaved.

It's possible.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:04 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
There is a HUGE difference between an infant and a toddler.
This. I brought my babies to swanky restaurants and parties. They'd sleep, and if not, I'd pop a boob in their mouth and they were quiet.
Toddlers not so much: even well behaved ones can be loud, or need your attention all the time, or make a mess with the food, or need noisy entertainment, or want to sing....

Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,204,465 times
I brought my 18 month old son to a pretty nice sushi restaurant. He was very well behaved, and more polite/quiet than some of the other patrons who tended to get a bit louder when drinking.

Now with two, I wouldn't bring them to a date-night place, mostly because those tend to be $200 meals for just myself and my husband, and while my daughter does have a taste for lobster, I'd rather enjoy the meal instead of constantly feeding a 3 year old and 16 month old.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
No where. My son eats for all of 2 minutes tops and wants to move on, so eating out would be a hassle for us and everyone around us so we just dont.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Denny's.

Taking a toddler or infant out to a nice restaurant is rude to the other patrons
and mean to the child.

When they can sit up and read the menu... maybe.
True, which is why I say Burger King and McDonalds. They not only tolerate small children, they accomodate them. They know children have short attention spans, they provide them happy meals with little toys and the playgrounds so kids can play and enjoy themselves. They make small children feel at home and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting