Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 AM

88,932 posts, read 85,461,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
When have I ever been known to let something go??
I ALWAYS go to the doctor.
Huh? What's that all about?

It wasn't some sort of personal comment. How the hell would I know how often you go to a doctor or not? I apologize for expressing concern for your health. Won't let it happen again.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,993,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Huh? What's that all about?

It wasn't some sort of personal comment. How the hell would I know how often you go to a doctor or not? I apologize for expressing concern for your health. Won't let it happen again.
No no no lol.
I am just saying...
It was most a joke, poking fun at myself, I beat threads to death here LOL.
I was making fun of myself by saying when do I ever let things go.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,278,331 times
Quote:
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is strep.
I have the extreme sore throat, no runny nose, nausea, body aches and chills.
Of course since my rapid test came back negative then I came into work today.
I feel like I am going to die.

I can't friggin breathe! My throat feels so swollen its like breathing through a sock.
You are sick enough that you should have stayed home.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You are sick enough that you should have stayed home.
Oh I know, I don't get sick days though.

And I have only called out twice in the whole time I have been here yet that is too much in the eyes of my supervisor yet potentially having strep is no issue to stay home.

I feel like crap, I have no energy, I feel extremely weak, my throat hurts, it's swollen, it feels like it is peeling off in my throat, I'm pretty sure my fever is back, I feel nauseous and I am achy. Oh and I am having to use my inhaler just so I can breathe, which my inhaler makes me jittery. I am off in about 5 hours and 55 minutes and then I am off tomorrow. I'll get plenty of rest tonight and tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,646,862 times
Quote:
Oh I know, I don't get sick days though.

And I have only called out twice in the whole time I have been here yet that is too much in the eyes of my supervisor yet potentially having strep is no issue to stay home.

I feel like crap, I have no energy, I feel extremely weak, my throat hurts, it's swollen, it feels like it is peeling off in my throat, I'm pretty sure my fever is back, I feel nauseous and I am achy. Oh and I am having to use my inhaler just so I can breathe, which my inhaler makes me jittery. I am off in about 5 hours and 55 minutes and then I am off tomorrow. I'll get plenty of rest tonight and tomorrow.
Ya, a lot of people don't get to go home sick now a days. Some people would have quit, you are very tough!
Well, you keep plugging away. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Ya, a lot of people don't get to go home sick now a days. Some people would have quit, you are very tough!
Well, you keep plugging away. Hope you feel better soon.
People go into work with nasty stuff and then it's given to others and you're forced to go into work feeling like you're going to die.
We live in a compassionless world.

Tough? Maybe....
I just have added strength pain reliever

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-12-2012 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: language

Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
No no no lol.
I am just saying...
It was most a joke, poking fun at myself, I beat threads to death here LOL.
I was making fun of myself by saying when do I ever let things go.
I got it.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
People go into work with nasty stuff and then it's given to others and you're forced to go into work feeling like you're going to die.
We live in a compassionless world.

Tough? Maybe....
I just have added strength pain reliever
I now right! Nothing you can do, at least Advil and Tylenol companies are making money.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-12-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I now right! Nothing you can do, at least Advil and Tylenol companies are making money.
It's all good.
I think I'll give the keyboard a good lick before I leave.
YAY FOR DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEES!!!!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM

37,293 posts, read 41,544,323 times
The primary reason to treat strep is not to make the patient feel better but to prevent late effects of the infection on the heart (rheumatic fever) and kidneys (glomerulonephritis.)

Rheumatic fever - MayoClinic.com

Post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis (GN): MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Antibiotics may shorten the duration of symptoms by about one day, and they do make the patient no longer contagious within 24 hours.

Anyone with strep should therefore be treated. This means taking the full course of antibiotic.

In the past, one option was to treat based on symptoms and not even do any testing at all, before reliable quick office tests were available. However, that meant a lot of people who had viruses, not strep, were given antibiotics. That is one of the things that contributed to bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. So people with viruses should not be given antibiotics.

Now, if the rapid test is negative, the chance that the symptoms are due to strep is less. That is the reason the antibiotic is withheld until the actual culture can be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting