Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM

126 posts, read 301,928 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about enroll my 15months old to a daycare which ends at 2 o'clock . My work hour is until 6 o'clock. Grandma is at my home, but she cannot drive. Is there any way that I can find someone trustful to pick my kid and drive him home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM

331 posts, read 604,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysinger View Post
I am thinking about enroll my 15months old to a daycare which ends at 2 o'clock . My work hour is until 6 o'clock. Grandma is at my home, but she cannot drive. Is there any way that I can find someone trustful to pick my kid and drive him home?

^^ Any other family or close friends near-by?! You don't want to just "hire" anyone to be on the road with your child!

Otherwise, I'd say look into a daycare with longer hours...most here in TN are 6 to 6ish.

Good luck!!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:53 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,496,317 times
You don't want to just pick someone you don't really know/trust just because you have to. I'd say to find another daycare with longer hours. Tons of daycares end at 6. That's usually the latest. With you getting done at 6 that won't fly, so you might have to ask your boss to get done however amount of minutes earlier that you need for driving time. A lot of home daycares have longer times- you can check them out, or try to find a babysitter that will work with your hours.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,940,875 times
Do you have friends, relatives, or neighbors you trust? Don't give up. I know this seems impossible but you will find someone . . .Maybe even a caregiver on Craigslist . . .you would check references, thoroughly, of course and make sure they are responsible and have insurance and all.

This is going to sound really racist but I have found that caregivers from the Pacific Islands can be very nurturing . . .they have churches where they congregate and many of them specialize in caregiving, which can include taking care of kids . . . you might have to pay more than you would like, but your child is worth it.

Don't give up and report back when you have found someone awesome.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,215,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysinger View Post
That sounds like preschool, not day care. Try a home day care provider, or a mom in your area looking to make some extra money. Or pick an actual day care. They are usually open 6 or 7 am-6pm or 6:30 pm.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:05 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,584,628 times
You could try getting to know the other parents at the daycare, perhaps one of them would drop your child off? Once you got to know and trust them that is.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

This is going to sound really racist but I have found that caregivers from the Pacific Islands can be very nurturing . . .they have churches where they congregate and many of them specialize in caregiving, which can include taking care of kids . . . you might have to pay more than you would like, but your child is worth it.

Interesting you would pick that group. I'd NEVER hire an unknown person to pick up my child, but if I had a choice of 5 equally qualified caregivers I think I'd pick a Pacific Islander (or Filipino) every time and for the same reason.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,407,327 times
I have worked with working Moms who pick a childcare that has crazy hours....because that is a "great" place...then they are always stressed about who is picking up the child...they want to leave early...whatever...as a Mom myself....and a supervisor of working Moms...I suggest picking a different childcare. One compatible with your work schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting