Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

DENVER -- An airline passenger accused of repeatedly hitting her children and threatening a flight attendant on a San Francisco-to-Denver flight pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge of interference with a flight crew.

Woman Admits Hitting Her Children On Flight - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14478590/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Oh jeez I'm sick of people stickin their nose where it doesn't belong.. That is her deal if she wants to hit her kids. If they were acting like little monsters then maybe they deserved a slap. These people who are all about oh we have to talk to the kids like adults, and reason with them, and oh hitting will damage their lives are just liberal hippies with nothing better to do than worry about what OTHER people are doing. Its your choice to hit your kid or not. You can't beat them but just cause she hit them MORE than once doesn't mean they're abused. Most people who get a spanking don't just hit hit ONE time. Thats why its a spankING.. plural. not a spank. The woman was screwed either way right. What about those reports of the people being asked to get off the plane becasue their kids wouldn't stop crying, so which is it.. either you listen to the kids misbehaving and crying or the mother gives em slap, they sit down, and learn to behave. And as far as them hiding from her, der please, any kid will try to avoid the spanking, I've not met any kids who say yes please, and bend over for their parents.. Once again media making it more than it has to be

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM

144 posts, read 824,538 times
I wish the lady behind me on a recent flight would've knocked the crap out of her kid. That kid was a holy terror brat, kept kicking my seat, kept screaming and yelling and we heard from mom was...." Now, sweetie, we can't act like that" In this high pitched whiney voice that deserved a slap all on it's own.

If you can't control your kids...don't take them out in public. My kids were taught..yes they have to be taught..how to behave in public.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Default Draw the line?

I agree in theory.....but where do we draw the line?

It doesn't say that she was gently reprimanding them, it says she was beating them on the arms, legs and knees.

If we see a child getting HIT constantly(not spanked that's different) should we just sit back and let it happen? What if she seriously hurt one of these children?

I just don't know if I could just sit back and watch that.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:15 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,010 times
All depends on the situation I think..... and some people blow things up way UP.....

Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Oh jeez I'm sick of people stickin their nose where it doesn't belong.. That is her deal if she wants to hit her kids. If they were acting like little monsters then maybe they deserved a slap. These people who are all about oh we have to talk to the kids like adults, and reason with them, and oh hitting will damage their lives are just liberal hippies with nothing better to do than worry about what OTHER people are doing. Its your choice to hit your kid or not. You can't beat them but just cause she hit them MORE than once doesn't mean they're abused. Most people who get a spanking don't just hit hit ONE time. Thats why its a spankING.. plural. not a spank. The woman was screwed either way right. What about those reports of the people being asked to get off the plane becasue their kids wouldn't stop crying, so which is it.. either you listen to the kids misbehaving and crying or the mother gives em slap, they sit down, and learn to behave. And as far as them hiding from her, der please, any kid will try to avoid the spanking, I've not met any kids who say yes please, and bend over for their parents.. Once again media making it more than it has to be
I read the article, and it seemed to imply that the mother was hitting the kids repeatedly and that she also got irate when the flight attendant refused to give her a drink. It's hard to know what really happened on the flight. My mother used to hit me. I still have a cap on my front tooth from wear she broke it with her ring. There is spanking and there is hitting when a parent takes their anger out on a child.

Greenie

Old 11-02-2007, 04:13 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,599 times
Well if the flight had passengers on it who don't condone spankings then I'm sure that their version of the story was over-exaggerated. I can only imagine some out of control children, probably kicking the back of the seat, mommy slapped their legs and the person across the aisle screaming child abuse.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:44 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Greenie-

That took guts. I'm sorry that happened to you. No kid should have to deal with violence. Especially not from your own mother!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:36 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post

Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM

208 posts, read 415,998 times
And this is what's passing for news in 2007...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting