Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,978 times

Advertisements

What can I do about a boy (16) he lives in New Jersey n we live in RI. The boy from New Jersey is cyber bullying my son(14). I have contacted his mom which has been rude to me about all of it. I've asked them to please stop but it isn't. The boy is making videos on YouTube talking about my son but not mentioning my sons name but then commenting on the video with my sons YouTube account with negative comments. I had to block his number from my sons phone because he was texting, calling and trying to FaceTime uncontrollable amounts in 1 day. I'm frustrated at the lack of knowing how to stop this! By the way my son has NOT commented or replied to this kid at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Last edited by Believe77; 12-17-2014 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Misspelled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 07:51 PM

13,981 posts, read 26,027,884 times
There's some good advice here:

How to Stop Cyber Bullying: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,600,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believe77 View Post
What can I do about a boy (16) he lives in New Jersey n we live in RI. The boy from New Jersey is cyber bullying my son(14). I have contacted his mom which has been rude to me about all of it. I've asked them to please stop but it isn't. The boy is making videos on YouTube talking about my son but not mentioning my sons name but then commenting on the video with my sons YouTube account with negative comments. I had to block his number from my sons phone because he was texting, calling and trying to FaceTime uncontrollable amounts in 1 day. I'm frustrated at the lack of knowing how to stop this! By the way my son has NOT commented or replied to this kid at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!
How does your son know this boy? How did this boy have your son's number?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:59 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,729,538 times
Quote:

Thank you!!
Call the non emergency number of your local law enforcement. ..and if they can't help or offer suggestions (many areas now have officers that are knowledgeable about cyber crimes so you may be surprized) ask if there is a state agency that can.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:13 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,125,198 times
If someone is hacking your sons youtube account change hte password and contact youtube and report it. I get cyberbullying is a big deal but also think parents nad kids are stupid about it. If your being harrassed close your accoutns and dont come back for more harrasment. I get the attitude I shoudln't have to go off of youtube or twitter or whatever else but honestly you can continue playing with these stupid sites and getting harrassed or stop using them and let things cool down.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:27 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,767,254 times
Contact the police. It is a felony to use digital devices to harass someone. We have been through bullying and harassment via phone and web when my oldest daughter was in high school. I kept close contact with our local sheriff and he contacted the other kids that were doing the bullying, as well as their parents to let them know how serious a crime it really is.

Teens today don't seem to understand that the phone they are using is actually owned and paid for by their parents. The car they key in the parking lot is not owned by the teen they targeted, but by that teen's parents. I made it very personal when we were fighting back against the hate...I enlisted every avenue I could find, from my phone company, to Facebook's administration, to my car insurance company. Block this boy from everything possible. There should be no way for this kid to ever contact your son.

Print everything you can...from the phone records showing the numerous calls and texts to screen shots of the things this boy is saying. Take it all to the police and talk with an officer. We had good results when I went in prepared with enough things in writing (printed) to prove the harassment.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:21 PM

539 posts, read 525,584 times
Quote:

Thank you!!
simple, tell your son to delete his youtube account and create a new one and don't let this other boy find it. The other kid will eventually forget about your son. Use this as an opportunity for your son to learn that some people are just *******s for no reason and the best thing to do is avoid them. Let him deal with it as long as you think hes doing okay. He'll come out of this a better person.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:23 PM

539 posts, read 525,584 times
also I probably would not call the police unless you think this is very serious. Other wise just avoid this little *******. Cyber bullying is largely exaggerated and is mostly just regular bullying with a 21st century twist. Look at it the same way you'd look at a bully when you were in school.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:32 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
You can report the abuse to YOU TUBE directly. They will act, as they do not wish liability. Perhaps your son should close his account and open another to avoid this person.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,978 times
I want to say Thank You all for your response.
We have blocked lots of accounts from this boy. He keeps making new accounts. The first few negatuve video that he made talking bad about my son I had taken a video of it with my phone and sent it to his mom and asked her if she could please have her son stop. She was not very nice to me for pointing it out to her but by the next day it was taken down. But then there have been negative posts about my son. I have not contacted his mom due to her response to me. My son is a train enthusiast. His whole life revolves around making a video of different trains to upload it you tube. He enjoys seeing others like his work. Kids at school are not very nice to him and is not accepted due to his passion for trains. When he makes these videos it makes him feel accepted. Now this other train enthusiast comes along (the 16 yr old boy)to attack him online (
I have also blocked his number on my sons phone so he can't call or text. He has been now trying to get the other train enthusiast online to dislike my son. My son has not said anything negative or mentioned this boy at all or responded to any of this. My son knows that his punishment is very serious for responding to any of it. I wish the other boy had consequences as well. I have not contacted police, although it has crossed my mind a lot. I'm trying to use this as a valuable life lesson to my son. "The real world".
Thanks again for all your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting