Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibbiekat View Post
anyone with half a brain knows that you don't call anyone that.
thank you!

Old 07-12-2017, 09:51 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Common sense would tell most mothers to prioritize their son over a "family friend" with "2 DUIs". Your son needs to get to another bus stop, ride with normal kids, make friends, and not suffer all this nonsense. And entrusting his care to a drunk isn't doing much to help his feeling of self worth is it?

Old 07-12-2017, 09:52 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolbus123 View Post
She said, "I was really worried because [her son's name] and [my son's name] used to play together. Then I heard that something had... happened to him." That's just how she said it. Something had... happened.

I asked what the heck gave her that idea, and she came back with another fake smile and said, "Well [her son] said that he has to take his own bus to school this year. I heard that he had some... problems. I know it must be difficult for you." I walked away instead of telling her what I really thought, but found out from other people in the community, that she told them the same thing!

I resisted my urge to let her have it, but that was it for me! Because, this little witch is the town crier, so she had told other parents the same thing!!! I still haven't figured out what to do with that rancid little b---- but when I do, she'll know it!
Unless you are willing to drive him to a bus stop serviced by a "big bus", then you are at the mercy of whatever form of free transportation the district deems to provide. Another option may be finding a high school student in your area who is willing to take him to school and drop him off. Or form a car pool.

First mistake: When your son was called "extra retarded", why on earth didn't you address the problem then with the school or the kid's parents? A quiet word with a few parents would have solved that problem in a heartbeat and nipped it in the bud right then and there.

But honestly, you made a HUGE mistake when you simply "walked away" from the woman who was asking about your son. Here was a PERFECT opportunity to explain the circumstances, and you blew it! Forget revenge -- you were too wound up to explain, calmly and with a smile, that your house is isolated, and that's the only bus the district is willing to send, because it uses less gas. You can bet that the news would have traveled just as quickly. But no -- it was more important for you to be butt-hurt and pissed off than it was for you to DEAL with the problem.

And for heaven's sake, get a nanny who doesn't have DUIs. Good grief.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:56 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Ack, I hadn't seen the drunkard nanny thing when I posted earlier.
OP wth is up with that?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
You're connecting dots that aren't there. I never said that those were the only two options when dealing with adults. They are the only two options when dealing with this particular adult. Believe me, if you knew this conniving bimbo, you would agree, as do several people I know..
There are more then two options when dealing with this adult. Your son is in 4th grade. If you are planning on staying in this district, that means you will be dealing with these parents for the next 8 years. You can either act like an adult and have a calm, rational discussion with another adult, or you can spend the next 8 years being stressed out and miserable. For your son, it would be best if you learned to get along with the parents of your son's peers. You don't have to be friends with them, but at least learn to be civil and be able to communicate with them.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:18 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
I see where you are coming from but you can't suit the district, they are doing nothing wrong. Also it would make little sense to send a large bus to a route which has only one child. I think you have to make other arrangements. Also don't flip out at people but feel free to settle by telling parents that your son is the only child on that route and therefore the district sends a smaller school bus. This makes sense and I think any reasonable adult would understand.
AM I the only one who found some excerpts of this OP funny, like "g-d bus"?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There are more then two options when dealing with this adult. Your son is in 4th grade. If you are planning on staying in this district, that means you will be dealing with these parents for the next 8 years. You can either act like an adult and have a calm, rational discussion with another adult, or you can spend the next 8 years being stressed out and miserable. For your son, it would be best if you learned to get along with the parents of your son's peers. You don't have to be friends with them, but at least learn to be civil and be able to communicate with them.
I agree, it's ridiculous that your life is being made miserable over the size of a school bus. Also if OP acts out and gets angry, that will give him /her a bad reputation as well as make things worse for their child.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I agree, it's ridiculous that your life is being made miserable over the size of a school bus. Also if OP acts out and gets angry, that will give him /her a bad reputation as well as make things worse for their child.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:57 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Is this for real??

Asking to send a different sized bus is an insanely high level of entitlement.

And it's not YOUR life being ruined.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:00 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem where it's true. She is every bit of that word, whereas, my dear son is not a retard.
Yes, but you have no problem with these boys calling special needs students this name. It's not the bus that is the issue, but the fact that the school doesn't prevent this kind of bullying for *all* kids including any special needs children who take the *short bus* which is used as an insult in many cases.

The school needs to deal with the bullying issue. That really has nothing to do with the bus.

Btw, my grandson rode the regular bus despite special needs for almost 3 years. Most of the students in his school like him, but we had bullying incidents on the regular bus toward the end of the year. He will be riding the special needs bus to his jr. high because 7th and 8th graders are harsher on the regular bus than the 6th graders. Fortunately, the bus driver took care of the problem by moving his seat so that he was in the drivers line of sight after the incidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting