Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,068,194 times

Advertisements

With stories like this how can ANYONE doubt she just wants to be a celebrity?

What a sad, sad example for others.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of deserving people who are trying to keep it together soldier on.
Save a few bucks, boycott magazines and tv shows with this woman as the focus. Do not reward her (and her co-conspirators) for their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,835 times
How does she expect to be able to pay the property taxes, utilities, and upkeep? Food stamps?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Only 4 bedrooms for 14 children plus her... If she didn't feel the need to get a house that was so extravagant, $1.24 million could buy a house with more than 4 bedrooms. At least in my area, you can easily get a 4 bedroom house for about $200,000 (maybe not an extremely nice 4-bedroom house but still..)

Exactly. But she still should be thinking about paying some bills before making new ones.

It would be insane for her to be offered that house on welfare when there are people all over who deserve a break like that and will never get it. It's really sad how twisted and warped the mentality of society has become.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I had heard that mabe the DR. Phil show and paramount rented the home for this interview they did with her.
That sounds more believable. Stupid, but believable. I think the show would attract more viewers if they interviewed her in the place they are actually living. It's kinda like watching a train wreck - we want to see inside her house, and see where all these babies are sleeping... I think I read somewhere that they are all in a two-bedroom 1500 sq. ft. house? That is nuts. I thought California had laws? When we lived there, you could only have two people per bedroom. It might have been different with infants, but they don't stay infants forever... yikes.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Exactly. But she still should be thinking about paying some bills before making new ones.

It would be insane for her to be offered that house on welfare when there are people all over who deserve a break like that and will never get it. It's really sad how twisted and warped the mentality of society has become.
I agree. But I also think a new house WOULD be a smart thing for her to spend her money on if it had more bedrooms AND was cheaper.

I heard that she got $1.2 million from one of the interviews alone. HOPEFULLY this is where the money from the house is coming from and it's at least not something the taxpayers will foot the bill for.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I agree. But I also think a new house WOULD be a smart thing for her to spend her money on if it had more bedrooms AND was cheaper.

I heard that she got $1.2 million from one of the interviews alone. HOPEFULLY this is where the money from the house is coming from and it's at least not something the taxpayers will foot the bill for.
Ok, but aren't there restrictions on being on welfare and how much the home can be worth? If there's not, there should be.

1.2 mil??? Maybe I'm in the wrong business. I should do some interviews...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Ok, but aren't there restrictions on being on welfare and how much the home can be worth? If there's not, there should be.

1.2 mil??? Maybe I'm in the wrong business. I should do some interviews...
That may have just been a rumor. And I don't know about the restrictions on welfare. If she really got over a million for an interview though, wouldn't that be considered "income" and put her WAY over the limit for any welfare?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
I think it's time for children's protective services to step in, don't you?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
That may have just been a rumor. And I don't know about the restrictions on welfare. If she really got over a million for an interview though, wouldn't that be considered "income" and put her WAY over the limit for any welfare?
I would hope. Wouldn't that just twist her panties if she actually was given that much and was held responsible for that hospital bill??????????? What goes around, comes around.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I think it's time for children's protective services to step in, don't you?
yeah, like 7 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting