Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It is very obvious that the mother is depressed. No two ways about it. Have her evaluated by a mental health professional. HE didn't say where the mother lives...lots of places will have help provided. Sad.
Nooo.....what happened was the OP was a troll who made up all kinds of stories just to see what people would say. I don't think he is posting anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Is there something wrong with the kids?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,269 times
I am new to these forums and started to read this thread. I didn't read it all but wanted to add a suggestion if the OP hasn't resolved the issue.

The mother does NOT have to turn the children over to CPS. She could make a private adoption plan.

While I think she should try to explore every means of trying to keep the kids. That is a viable option. Any reputable agency or attorney would insist that she seek and get appropriate counseling before she does voluntarily terminate her parental rights.

My two cents (and I apoligize if someone already made these points).

Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,269 times
Red face Oh ...

Okay .. should a read some more. Didn't catch that the OP was a troll. I shoulda known better.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 5,071 times
i will take them. just write back at [email]coreythornton@ymail.com[/email]. no strings attached i already have taken in a sister and brother before and no i didnt recieve gov assistance i worked .the oldest boy was special needs i got him when he was 4 he is 19 and still with me his sister was 8 months and now she is 13 ans yes i still have my babies

Old 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM

Default for relative that wants to give up her kids

[quote=precious1976;11917610]i will take them. just write back at [email]coreythornton@ymail.com[/email]. no strings attached i already have taken in a sister and brother before and no i didnt recieve gov assistance i worked .the oldest boy was special needs i got him when he was 4 he is 19 and still with me his sister was 8 months and now she is 13 and yes i still have my babies i dont do it through the state that way you will know where they are can still visit which is an option and if you get back on your feet and want them back . then there is no red tape and were are working together forthier wellbeing

Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 PM

i also would not make you hire a lawyer terminate right etc. just a thought

Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Default like i said i would take them hands down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaHR View Post
the original poster DID indeed give details. She said that the relative, the mother of two 11 year olds had dead parents and the father of her children were dead and that the rest of her family was not willing to offer help other than to find out how she can get rid of her kids. The OP did mention that the relative LOVED her children but felt that she was not a good enough parent for them and wanted them to have a better life but did not want to further traumatize them by abandoning them.

Did you even read the OP? Did you miss all of the red flags in there? The woman is overwhelmed and has NO SUPPORT.
in my other message i left a way to contact me if serious

Old 12-06-2009, 10:59 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
It is selfish, support system or not.
Bad things happen. all these chould be taken into account before having children.
If my DH and parents DIED right now would i give away my children? NO!!
They are my life!!! I live FOR them, I would certainly mourn the dead, but not stop living in the process as it would be unfair to my children who are my responsibility. They NEED someone to care for them, unlike an adult who can care for themselves.

Some people have the strength to do that, and frankly, some don't.

Honestly, no offense, but you don't know exactly what you would do, until you are forced into a situation and have to go from there. So it's all well and good to say you would get over it and move on, but you really have no way of knowing until it happens.

While I don't think it is best for the 11yr old twins to be in that situation, I have sympathy for her as well, since I have seen what loss of a loved one can do to some people, and it breaks my heart.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Nooo.....what happened was the OP was a troll who made up all kinds of stories just to see what people would say. I don't think he is posting anymore.
I believe you are right - check the post 7 where the OP has received only 5 posts but claims "tons" of replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting