Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,235,859 times

Advertisements

A doctor I work with has them regularly. This one looks really good as well. Thought some other parents might want to watch it:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/561579626
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 03:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,256,591 times
Swine flu information from a chiropractor??

I think I'll pass

Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

I think I'll pass

yea, god knows chiros know absolutely nothing about disease prevention

Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,530,345 times
Quote:

I think I'll pass
I'll second that thought...might go to the used car saleman up the street and ask him do a webinar on it, also....

Old 08-03-2009, 03:43 PM

I didn't expect anything other than snotty remarks from a select few.

I as a parent and many other on here would like to visit every avenue when it comes to disease prevention and are open lots of different information.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that their doctor is the only one who knows every answer to everything in the world.

Many insurance companies accept chiropractors as PCP's. . . . MANY.

My brother has had as much school AS a doctor except he knows much much more about nutrition AND the human body.

Chiros cannot logically be dismissed.

Then don't watch it.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,530,345 times
Give me a break.

The chiropracter is trying to convince you to make an office visit & become a client.

It's for profit, not for education.

Oh, but that "rare" chiropracter who makes a mistake b/c he performs something or dicusses something he is not licensed to do nor trained in...it's just "rare" though....

Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,256,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I didn't expect anything other than snotty remarks from a select few.

I as a parent and many other on here would like to visit every avenue when it comes to disease prevention and are open lots of different information.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that their doctor is the only one who knows every answer to everything in the world.

Many insurance companies accept chiropractors as PCP's. . . . MANY.

My brother has had as much school AS a doctor except he knows much much more about nutrition AND the human body.

Chiros cannot logically be dismissed.
Then don't watch it.

When it comes to infectious disease and public health, chiropractors absolutely CAN and SHOULD be dismissed....

They have no specific training in the discipline, have never been involved in cutting edge research and are not qualified to comment on the subject...

And by the way, Chiropractors DO NOT have as much education as MD's...that is laughable. While Medical School and Chiropractic School are both 4 years typically, EVERY MD does an additional 3-10 years of post graduate training before going into practice.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,566,941 times
Quote:

I think I'll pass

Exactly my thoughts as well...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,758,453 times
Chriopractors are medically trained and do add something to the discussion. They use different, more holistic approaches, but for disease prevention they would be a logical source of information for tips on maintaining health.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,998,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
Chriopractors are medically trained and do add something to the discussion. They use different, more holistic approaches, but for disease prevention they would be a logical source of information for tips on maintaining health.
Unlike doctors, chiropractors typically work with people who prefer to maintain their health rather than simply medicate to compensate for bad choices or bad overall health. It's a totally different clientele in many cases.

I would have liked to watch the webinar, but it's saying that it's unavailable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting