Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,410,489 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are giving some thought to relocating to PA, so we're in the beginning stages of research.

Are Kintnersville and/or Coopersburg worth looking into?

We do have a preference for some property. (We currently live on 1 acre and would like more.)

We stumbled upon a 14-15 acre farm for sale in Kintnersville and that's what sparked our interest in that town. And we saw a number of beautiful homes on 4-5 acres in Coopersburg, hence our interest in that area.

We currently reside in a town where there is a thriving village (lots of restaurants/bars, boutiques, markets, etc.) and a strong community feeling. We're hoping to find something similar.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:02 PM
jjj

168 posts, read 820,443 times
[quote=TheImportersWife;1591788]My husband and I are giving some thought to relocating to PA, so we're in the beginning stages of research.

Are Kintnersville and/or Coopersburg worth looking into?

We do have a preference for some property. (We currently live on 1 acre and would like more.)

We stumbled upon a 14-15 acre farm for sale in Kintnersville and that's what sparked our interest in that town. And we saw a number of beautiful homes on 4-5 acres in Coopersburg, hence our interest in that area.

We currently reside in a town where there is a thriving village (lots of restaurants/bars, boutiques, markets, etc.) and a strong community feeling. We're hoping to find something similar.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! [/QUOTE

As a Kintnersville resident I can tell you it is a beautifull area but there is no downtown to speak of. There are a few Inns and Restaurants in the area but not alot. Homes are spread out, there is alot of land preservation going on trying to stop any major sprawl. The school systems are very good. As far as entertainment it is a half hour drive to Doylestown, Easton , Bethlehem and New Hope. All those towns have Restaurants,Bars, Theaters and just about any shopping you are looking for. Any community feeling in Kintnersville can be found by participating with schools, churches ,youth sports , township programs etc. Good uck !

Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,556,943 times
Funny, I have about the same answer at jjj about Coopersburg. While we do have a main street, it's not real cutesy with shops and bars, etc, it's the people that make the town a great place to live. We have great schools, new library, parks, and lots of shopping at : Welcome to The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley People are very friendly. I can't get out of the grocery store without stopping to talk to one of two people. There's a fun Halloween parade coming up in October, maybe you'd like to stop over and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania