Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 09:04 AM

8 posts, read 30,694 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Just visited the Milford area and are thinking of relocating to there.....saw quiet a few new homes and some looked like they were slapped up overnight....does anyone on this forum have any experience with particular builders that you would like to share? Would appreciate hearing what you think and also what builders can be recommended.

Thanks in advance.
GG

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-27-2018 at 03:45 PM..

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM

11 posts, read 31,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwaygal View Post
Hello,

Just visited the Milford area and are thinking of relocating to there.....saw quiet a few new homes and some looked like they were slapped up overnight....does anyone on this forum have any experience with particular builders that you would like to share? Would appreciate hearing what you think and also what builders can be recommended.

Thanks in advance.
GG
I have been selling homes for builders in the York area for years. My advice regarding large builders is to stay away. I know this is not fair to all large building corporations, but the one's I've worked with, the customer is low man on the totem pole! My advise would be to stick with small hometown builders who care about their reputation in the area they also live in themselves. They are also normally very customer service oriented and care very much that you are pleased with the final result. I am happy to be a source for any more questions you may have about new construction in general. I've been in the game for many, many years.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:32 AM

263 posts, read 1,097,506 times
Default Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle View Post
I have been selling homes for builders in the York area for years. My advice regarding large builders is to stay away. I know this is not fair to all large building corporations, but the one's I've worked with, the customer is low man on the totem pole! My advise would be to stick with small hometown builders who care about their reputation in the area they also live in themselves. They are also normally very customer service oriented and care very much that you are pleased with the final result. I am happy to be a source for any more questions you may have about new construction in general. I've been in the game for many, many years.
Skizzle - would you recommend Keystone Custom Homes?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 30,556 times
I just moved into a Ryan home in October. A very positive experience, I always felt that the builder was responsive to my questions and concerns. The quality of construction is good. New panelized construction techniques had the house go up quckly, but attention to detail insured a satisfied customer.

Ryan Homes

Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,415 times
Our new house was built by Pulte, and I have been very happy with everything. The building process was smooth and on time!

However, if you are looking to customize, forget it - they are a huge production builder and although they give you high end choices, the choices are very limited. This was fine by me, since I hate having to upgrade everthing.

I also built a Tuskes home and due to extremely poor customer service, I would not recommend them.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I've heard good things about Fine Line Homes. They are based out of Harrisburg, but their Hazleton branch covers Pike County.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:38 AM

8 posts, read 30,694 times
Smile New Builder recommendations

Hello,

I appreciate all of your responses and take them seriously. Keep then coming!!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,826 times
Default Keystone

Wow! Not many threads regarding new construction homes. Let's see if we can revive this one........
I am currently under contract with Keystone Custom Homes after walking away from Ryan Homes. We chose Keystone because we were able to get everything we want (finished basement with bathroom, morning room, 4 bedrooms, etc...) within our budget.

With Ryan Homes it would've been $34k more without a finish basement and $17k of that going towards the morning room that's inclusive with Keystone).

We are in the beginning stage right now- Signed our purchase agreement, applied for our mortgage which is with the underwriter, will be meeting with the design studio in 2 weeks, etc....

So far so good. Everything is flowing nicely and on time, the people we have been working with so far have been great and responsive. We're hoping that things continue to go well. Will come back and report later.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:46 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Please post in either the NEPA or Harrisburg forums.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania