Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 AM

335 posts, read 974,895 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to purchase a new construction single family house with 4 bedrooms for between $400,000 - $425,000 in either the Downington, West Chester or Great Valley school districts?

If so, anyone provide any names of such new construction communities?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 AM

bump

Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
A couple years ago probably not but with the economy in the state it is in there is incredible value. The Downingtown,Chester Springs,West Chester area was one of the fastest growing areas in this region and probably guilty of overbuilding.I would imagine there are bargains to be had.

The best bang for your buck would probably be Downingtown although West Chester, Chester Springs,Exton, even Chadds Ford may be options. My guess is that with Great Valley's prime location, bargains will be harder to come by.

Google new homes West Chester Downingtown Exton etc. and I'm sure you'll get a slew of developments to check out. You really cant go wrong in Chester County, thats the place to be(along with Bucks) for newer homes imo.

Last edited by rainrock; 02-23-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 AM

47 posts, read 232,144 times
Most new construction homes in the area are 3-4 bedroom homes. There is alot of inventory (especially new construction) on the market. However, with that said the Chester County Market has held its value in this tough economic turmoil. I do not know enough to comment on what you could find in the Great Valley, but it has the best school district out of all three areas (although all are excellent).

If looking in Downingown school district you will be able to find a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath single with aound 2500 square feet for that price. In fact I would look at Chester Springs, its a very desireable area. This area has a ton of new construction which if you pick up now, in a few years once the inventory sells out, there will be a ton of upside.

Take a look at Byers Station as one option. However if you want over .25 acres look to West bradford or East Brandywine in Downingtown school district. Hope this helps some. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here, but one website I have used to look at property is www.thehousecouple.com

it allows you to search by school district and limit to new construciton. Note i am not advertising or reccomending the realtors that sponser this site as I have not used them.

I am not sure if you are from the area, but as an investor I have bought heavily in the area and just want to extend somthing to keep in mind, TAXES.

A new construction home around 425 k this is what to expect to pay in taxes each year.

Downingtown Area: around $7,000
West Chester: around $4000
great valley: not positive but probably in the middle

Also after you buy new construction appeal your taxes to the Chester County Assesment office and they will be lowered by about 15% (ask your realtor about this as they can help you)

Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canterm View Post
Most new construction homes in the area are 3-4 bedroom homes. There is alot of inventory (especially new construction) on the market. However, with that said the Chester County Market has held its value in this tough economic turmoil. I do not know enough to comment on what you could find in the Great Valley, but it has the best school district out of all three areas (although all are excellent).

If looking in Downingown school district you will be able to find a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath single with aound 2500 square feet for that price. In fact I would look at Chester Springs, its a very desireable area. This area has a ton of new construction which if you pick up now, in a few years once the inventory sells out, there will be a ton of upside.

Take a look at Byers Station as one option. However if you want over .25 acres look to West bradford or East Brandywine in Downingtown school district. Hope this helps some. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here, but one website I have used to look at property is www.thehousecouple.com

it allows you to search by school district and limit to new construciton. Note i am not advertising or reccomending the realtors that sponser this site as I have not used them.

I am not sure if you are from the area, but as an investor I have bought heavily in the area and just want to extend somthing to keep in mind, TAXES.

A new construction home around 425 k this is what to expect to pay in taxes each year.

Downingtown Area: around $7,000
West Chester: around $4000
great valley: not positive but probably in the middle

Also after you buy new construction appeal your taxes to the Chester County Assesment office and they will be lowered by about 15% (ask your realtor about this as they can help you)
thanks for the great reply! u too rainrock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania