Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 AM

41 posts, read 159,200 times

Advertisements

hello all,
this is my first post... i wish i would of found this forum sooner...

ok heres the story... i am moving to quakertown, i had an apartment lined up but it fell through..so it looks like i will be forced to stay at the bush house.. until i can find an apartment...

i assume the bush house is a seedy, above a bar, room for rent by the week joint.. right?? can anyone give me any info on it???

also are there any parks near by?? i like to run and jog. but i couldn't find any info online about recreational areas

also does anyone know of any good online apartment finding sites for quakertown? i tried everything i could think of..rent.com , craigslist , and others.. but i am having trouble finding apartments..i was told to stay away from quakertown west...

any way sorry for my long post.. but i would really appreciate any help and or insight i can get...
i would like to know what is there to do in quakertown? , what is the town like? , again if there is a recreational area or gyms?

thank you for any help you may be able to give me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 08:02 AM

22 posts, read 89,966 times
Yes, the bush house is a seedy, rent by week place. Don't know uch more about it.

You can pick up a local paper or look for it online (sorry I forget the name of the local paper). Try Perkasie, Telford, Souderton. They are all w/in 15 min of Qtown and more like county living (except in the heart of town). Perkasie has a really nice park for jogging (again forget the name).

I lived in Souderton for years and liked it a lot. I have friends in Qtown and they like it just fine.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
The daughter of my next-door neighbor lives in Perkasie (mentioned by jimthorpe) and she loves it. She lives in a townhouse that she owns, but perhaps there are some rentals available also.

I would check with local realtors, who can often point you in the right direction for rentals. You can find realtors by going to realtor.com and entering the Quakertown zip code and see the realtors who are attached to the homes that come up. You may even be able to search for rentals on realtor.com. Check around the website to see for sure.

I remember when I was a little girl my parents would let me with my grandparents in Jim Thorpe and they'd go shopping the day after Thanksgiving in Quakertown. That was a huge annual event for them. I think the name of the store was "Two Guys" or something like that. I'm sure it's long gone now.

Good luck with your move.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:42 AM

22 posts, read 89,966 times
Lenape Park...I think that's the park in Perkasie.

Two Guys, must be gone. Never heard of it. It's probably been replaced by a Bon Ton, Kohls, or the likes.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:30 AM

thanks for the input... i did find an apartment.. so thats a good thing... and i found a memorial park in quakertown.. i just hope they have some kind of trail to run on..

again thank you for the help..

Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 819,832 times
I know at memorial field they have a ball field, ice skating rink, basketball and tennis courts but not sure about a running trail. Just a short trip from Quakertown (about 5 miles) is Nockamixon State Park. There they have a large lake about 7 miles long and a great marked running trail. It borders the lake through the woods and some areas close to the lake. You will love it.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 AM

thank you jjj i just read up on it.. it looks like a great spot to run...

Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milledge44 View Post
hello all,
this is my first post... i wish i would of found this forum sooner...

ok heres the story... i am moving to quakertown, i had an apartment lined up but it fell through..so it looks like i will be forced to stay at the bush house.. until i can find an apartment...

i assume the bush house is a seedy, above a bar, room for rent by the week joint.. right?? can anyone give me any info on it???

also are there any parks near by?? i like to run and jog. but i couldn't find any info online about recreational areas

also does anyone know of any good online apartment finding sites for quakertown? i tried everything i could think of..rent.com , craigslist , and others.. but i am having trouble finding apartments..i was told to stay away from quakertown west...

any way sorry for my long post.. but i would really appreciate any help and or insight i can get...
i would like to know what is there to do in quakertown? , what is the town like? , again if there is a recreational area or gyms?

thank you for any help you may be able to give me
Yeah; The Bush House is a crack house. The first floor and basement contains smelly apartments. The 2nd and 3rd floors contain nasty rooms. Doors usually have a dead bolt. It is a common thing for one persons key to unlock another person's door; I had that experince of opening someone elses door. This is one of Quakertown's crime hotspots. I was threatened a few times, but they never did anything except pull out a knife. Rose, the manager, is trying to crack down on the cigarette smoke and drugs. There is a designated area for smokers inside. One heroine addict neighbor in another apartment broke my skull one day, but that doesn't usually happen to normal people around here. Why would anyone want to move to Quakertown? If you're in Philly, Reading, Allentown, S Bethlehem or NYC, Quakertown would be better. There are gunshots sometimes and they're usually from the direction of the Bush House/The Alley but, crime is low if you're just a normal person. Stay away from drugs and you'll be fine. After living there a while, you'll notice the secret escape route by one-eyed-Sam's room. Learn it in case you run into trouble. There are also fire escapes that they recently put up a sign on warning you not to use them for personal use. The 3rd floor is smelly and that's where I met the craziest druggie; Rm 309. Also, the drop is farther from 3rd floor windows. Usually, on the 2nd floor, you can jump from your window onto a roof and climb down, but I'm not encouraging anyone.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,011 times
Do not move to the filth of Quakertown Managment not good and could be just as corrupted as the rest of the miscredents living there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania