Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 AM

4 posts, read 22,826 times

Advertisements

Is Gulf Breeze FL a safe place to live? I have a job oppurtunity there, but have heard many negative things about the Pensacola area. My main leisure activities are fishing and scuba diving, how are those in Gulf Breeze?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPT40 View Post
Is Gulf Breeze FL a safe place to live? I have a job oppurtunity there, but have heard many negative things about the Pensacola area. My main leisure activities are fishing and scuba diving, how are those in Gulf Breeze?
Gulf Breeze is not in Pcola, is a city under the Santa Rosa County. Your main leisure activities can be satisfied in this area. Very safe, this is a bit expensive area, but well guarded. Great choice, visit site:

City of Gulf Breeze, FL - Home
Gulf Breeze News - Front Page
GULFBREEZE.NET

Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM

83 posts, read 382,761 times
Yeah, think of Gulf Breeze apart from Pensacola..

Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvj5 View Post
Yeah, think of Gulf Breeze apart from Pensacola..
Is more expensive; but a great community....

Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 PM

130 posts, read 597,517 times
Quote:

I love it here, and I'm from New York.

May I ask.. what field you're in?

Fishing and scuba diving. You are in the perfect spot. There are some mornings, the water is so still and glassy, and then next thing you know, you hear them jumping...

They just sank the Oriskany Naval vessel, and there should be plenty of sea life that have attached themselves by now.

We are seperated by what some call, a socioeconomic barrier, referred to as the Three Mile Bridge. MANY eyes are watching, and tomfoolery is not tolerated.

Enjoy!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 AM

On May 17, after a pre-planned explosion, the Oriskany sank in 37 minutes. It now sits 22.5 nautical miles Southeast of Pensacola, Florida.

See Navy link for Q&A:
Program Executive Office Ships - Artificial Reefing (broken link)

Old 08-11-2007, 03:14 PM

Oh, and other thing about Gulf Breeze.

Always, always, always on the upswing. Red Herring even named one of our local internet mail/network security companies a "hot company to watch" for Heavens sake.

AppRiver News (http://www.appriver.com/news/news-view.asp?ID=62&dType=Press-Release - broken link)

And the new economy/clean industry JOBS that AppRiver requires! So proud of those guys!

Careers at AppRiver - Pensacola Jobs
Current Openings
Sales
Exchange Support Technician
Pre-Sales Engineer
Junior .NET/ASP Application Developer
Junior .NET/SQL Application Developer

And it's not just technical industries.. we have quasi government/private industry partnerships that are bearing fruit. Just across the bridge from GB, we have the Institute for Human & Machine Cognition.. Creating new technologies for markets as diverse as biotech to defense, and everything in between:

Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC)

We are beginning to really blossom w. our I-10 technology corridor here:

iTen Wired

Let us not forget, our friends to the east just down Hwy98 in Ft. Walton Beach. Only a 20 mi run from GB. The large presence of giants such as WM, FedEx & BAE Systems in the Commerce & Technology Park:

Economic Development Council of Okaloosa County (http://www.florida-edc.org/techcampus.html - broken link)

AND, the gorgeous new Andrews Institute campus that just opened, catering to the worlds needs for the tops in Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine care (as well as ties to Portofino for the, ahh, "cosmetic" surgery...) as well as all the new healthcare jobs it brought to our city:

Welcome to the Andrews Institute

To get the 20,000 ' view of whats going on w. respect to technology on the Gulf Coast, this is a great place to start:

Florida's Great Northwest, Inc. (broken link)

One last one, Mediacom has their Southeast headquarters right on 191-C, just 15 mins from Gulf Breeze proper down Hwy98:

http://www.mediacomcc.com/about_career_listings.php

Tons of positions in internet support, infrastructure, marketing, finance, etc.

Gulf Breeze, Florida. It's a great place to live and work!

Peace.

Last edited by soundbreeze; 08-11-2007 at 03:25 PM..

Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM

24 posts, read 164,353 times
Default Gulf Breeze is great!

Pretty, safe, water sports galore. Great scuba diving, great schools, not anything like Pensacola - Gulf Breeze Proper is like an island... Google earth it and you will see!

Heather

Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,031 times
Gulf Breeze is a nice place to live. You are only about 5 miles from the amenities of Pensacola without actually having to live there. Pensacola beach is not located in P'cola, it is really in Gulf Breeze so you would actually be closer to the beach there. Also, if you have children, the schools in Gulf Breeze (Santa Rosa County) are 1,000 times better than Pensacola (Escambia County). Overall, I would say Gulf Breeze is a very middle to upper middle class town.

The panhandle is an excellent location for outdoor recreation of all types. The water in this part of the Gulf is exceptionally clear which makes it a great spot for scuba. There are several wrecks, new and old, to dive. There is also no shortage of fishing, both saltwater and freshwater.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Almost a year later. Did you take the gig in "the Breeze"? :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola