Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 02:38 PM

4 posts, read 3,636 times

Advertisements

Hello all- First off, I am an adopted, 36 yr old woman who recently found out some "interesting" information and am searching for further details....since I can find NOTHING online about it?!?!

Within the past year and a half, someone had been emailing me. They said they were a member of my biological mothers family, and the reason I was given up for adoption, was that I was the result of an abduction & rape, that would have had to happen back in 1976, somewhere in RI. Since, this person has dropped from "sight"...haven't heard anything back in QUITE some time...even though we had been emailing back numerous times-

On the adoption record, it was listed that he (my bio father), was :
A) of Irish/Polish descent,
B) around 25 yrs old when this occurred,
C) had reddish hair, blue/grey eyes, freckles, and a medium build,

This new info that I was a product of such a thing, would have had to happen in '76, as I was born in August of '77...said he was still incarcerated due to the fact that not only my bio-mother was involved, but another 2 females as well....at least one of the females was under 18, and a sheriffs daughter??? It was (again, supposedly), a HUGE thing back then, but kept out of major papers due to the sheriffs daughter and such?

The last name I was given: SINCLAIR....
said the first name was something like
Dean,
Eddie or
Ernie???

My biological mothers name:
Lynda S. Chase, who apparently, was born in RI? She went into CT, had me, gave me up and moved on- I DID meet her, several times...and her brother (Gary, with spinal bifida) and sister (Barbara).

I am not only looking for ANY information on this "case", but also on ANY biological family as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 04:18 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
you should talk to your mother about this if she's still alive,
or her family, where the alleged crime may have taken place
and go to the police departments, or contact the State of RI's
attorney general, and perhaps the RI State Police.
Anyway, I searched the records at RI defendant search
which contains unexpunged records and there is no Sinclair
charged with rape in that time period in RI. Still, it could have
been expunged after so many years, or he could have been a juvenile
in which case there are other state offices who can help.
If you are serious you will do these things or hire a private investigator.
goodluck.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 PM

4 posts, read 3,636 times
She won't talk to me, and has some "issues"....to put it lightly-

The person who was "talking" to me through emails, stopped, out of the blue...part of me wonders if HE was actually my bio-father and made up all the other stuff.....but it does all make sense that way too.....it seems WAY too "odd" to be fake, but then again.....

What about a search with her name? Thanks so much!!

Old 07-20-2014, 05:15 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
The OP may want to post this on the "People Search" thread here on CD. If the perpetrator was incarcerated in RI in the late 70's, there would be a criminal case record in either the federal court or one of the county superior courts; for whichever county the case was tried. Also, wherever the OP was born (in CT?), a search of vital records of births should give information on the father if that was revealed at the time. Snowball poster has some good suggestions. Police would have to know where in RI the crime was committed in order to search statewide criminal records. A private detective would be the best choice if she can afford one.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:58 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Yes, I'm going to transfer this thread to the "People Search" forum, maybe they can help at least with the biological family. I agree that you may have to contact a PD for the criminal search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search