Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 17,911 times

Advertisements

I know this is so random but would anyone know a Lady who does fortune telling by

Leer la taza (Basically from coffee drips)

Her name is Juana and she lives in Washington Heights NYC on I think 172nd or 171st street between Broadway and Fort Washington?

I have been trying to locate her and have lost her number since it was on an old phone that I cannot revive. I would love to be able to reach her. Any help is so appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2023, 02:27 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreinaj View Post
I know this is so random but would anyone know a Lady who does fortune telling by

Leer la taza (Basically from coffee drips)

Her name is Juana and she lives in Washington Heights NYC on I think 172nd or 171st street between Broadway and Fort Washington?

I have been trying to locate her and have lost her number since it was on an old phone that I cannot revive. I would love to be able to reach her. Any help is so appreciated.
Is Leer la taza the name of a business? If it is why not call them and ask about Juana. If she frequents there they surely know her.

When did she live on that street. As recent as this month or what time frame.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:30 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Is Leer la taza the name of a business? If it is why not call them and ask about Juana. If she frequents there they surely know her.

When did she live on that street. As recent as this month or what time frame.
Leer la taza is Spanish for "To read the cup". By the way the OP wrote it, I don't think it's the name of the business, but the name for the type of divination she does. Similar to reading tea leaves.

Old 02-01-2023, 06:43 AM

10,080 posts, read 14,952,774 times
There is no business (or maybe there is, you never know, but this is not the case in this thread) named "leer la taza." I remember a few times where that was done by a few ladies, but that was when I was a child. I haven't seen that as an adult and until now, I never thought of it as anything serious. Searching for a specific woman that "lee la taza" is quite new to me.

This is similar to putting a spoon under a sofa seat. If an unknowing pregnant woman was to sit on the one with the spoon underneath, it meant it was a boy. If she sat on the one without the spoon, it meant it was a girl or vice versa. Again, entertainment and nothing serious.

This is part of Dominican superstitions, much of it inherited from Spain believe it or not. Along with that comes the babies wearing on one of their wrists the azabache hand (a little black hand in the form of a fist) to protect against the evil eye. As implied before, this is more of a cultural tradition and not necessarily something to take seriously. With that said, I too had one when a baby. lol

I bet things like "leer la taza," the spoon trick, the wearing the azabache hand as protection from the evil eye and other things are practiced in all Latin American countries. These superstition traditions are originally from Spain and most of these countries were colonies of Spain for centuries. With Latinos moving to the USA in large numbers in recent decades, along with them comes many of these habits or traditions such as speaking Spanish. Many of them are even partial descendants of Spaniards and don't even know it, even when the person in question is white.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:30 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreinaj View Post
When did she live on that street? As recent as this month or what time frame.

That could be a clue of value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search