Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 06:35 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,273 times

Advertisements

I remember back a few years ago you could simply type someones name in Google and get started trying to find out peoples contact information. Now, the internet is ridden with "PAY FOR SEARCH" sites that charge a lot of $$ just for a phone number? Type people search into Google and there are hundreds of pay for information sites. What happened to the White pages?

If I have an old schoolmate, or co worker that I'm looking to catch up with and they're not on Facebook, or Linkedin is there a site that you can do some free research?

It's very frustrating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 AM

14,481 posts, read 20,662,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I remember back a few years ago you could simply type someones name in Google and get started trying to find out peoples contact information. Now, the internet is ridden with "PAY FOR SEARCH" sites that charge a lot of $$ just for a phone number? Type people search into Google and there are hundreds of pay for information sites. What happened to the White pages?

If I have an old schoolmate, or co worker that I'm looking to catch up with and they're not on Facebook, or Linkedin is there a site that you can do some free research?

It's very frustrating
1. Free websites like ZabaSearch, etc.
2. Pay sites like ancestry dot com, etc.
3. Getting copies of obituary columns.
4. Getting copies of people's will and last testament, which are public documents.
5. Writing letters or making phone calls to the results you get from the free or paid sites.
6. Luck
7. Ask for help on other websites.
8. Get copies of the high school or college yearbooks.
9. Know their complete date of birth and their full name and last known location.
10. Know their complete death date.
11. Locate immigration, marriage and divorce records.
12. Knock on some doors. I found a guy in Charlotte, N.C. this way. He was wanted for a crime.
13. Old classmate, what year did they graduate.
14. Look for people who know the person you are looking for.
It might be easier to find 100 people that know John Doe, than to find John Doe.
15. Co-worker, what was the name and address of the business.
16. Females get married and their names change.
17. Some of the people you want to find may be step kids or step parents, or step siblings.
18. Some may no longer live in the USA.
19. Try My Space vs. Facebook.
20. If you have a specific name and details, send a private message to one of the searchers on the board and ask them to take a look around for you.
21. Post your search question on the People search forum, but be prepared to answer alot of questions. It's hard to find people with just a name and age.
22. See #6.

I found the last name of a female who had been adopted out at age 2.
I did not pay a dime. I used the search tools I know about, and some luck along the away, as well as
adding clue #1 to clue #2, etc. I went around stop signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search