Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 02:57 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,719 times

Advertisements

Seeking biological parents and siblings of William Russell Hoover who was born November 27, 1953 in Camden, NJ. He was adopted by Alvah and Phyllis Hoover of Deptford, NJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 10:56 AM

Added piece of info here. Bill was my late husband. He died in an industrial accident in 2002. His Mom in 2006, Dad in 2009. They were both very distant and I found out that after they died, the neighbors were going to go in and destroy the adoption papers. I was living out of state at that time, and do not have any information regarding the adoption. Only a birth certificate which says he was born in Camden. (I even remember saying to him, it's weird that your parents names are not listed on your BC, mine are) I then said, I think you were adopted. He shook his head, and said, no.. You're being silly. My husband never knew he was adopted but it explains SO MUCH. They were going to tell him when they found out we were going to move out of state, but he was killed before that happened. I would love to find any living brothers or sisters, maybe even parents if they are still living. Thank you.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:08 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,850,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Seeking biological parents and siblings of William Russell Hoover who was born November 27, 1953 in Camden, NJ. He was adopted by Alvah and Phyllis Hoover of Deptford, NJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you & Bill have a child? If so, you may want to consider DNA testing. A biological child of Bill could do a DNA test & see if there are any hits for related family.

A friend of mine who was adopted in the 1950's did that & found her biological brother that way. She tested with several DNA companies before getting a hit on one of them.

Good luck.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:14 PM

This site may be helpful (note that it doesn't cover adoptions processed independently (through attorneys) or through private adoption agencies.)
Adoption Registry (New Jersey)
State of New Jersey | Department of Children and Families | Adoption Registry

Also take a look at: New Jersey Adoption Registry

And, this article on new law re: adoption records in NJ:
Gov. Christie Signs Bill Opening Adoption Records « CBS New York

Old 11-30-2014, 07:15 PM

No, Bill and I did not have any children. And I believe he was either in an orphanage or with his adoptive parents for a little bit before the adoption was final.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:15 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times
I am afraid this is going to be so hard to search out. There is so little information to go on. I am not a searcher but some on here are quite good but not magicians.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:50 PM

Thank you Annie. And yes, I know that there are some wonderfully good people on here. I'm hoping for a miracle. :-)

Old 11-30-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
No, Bill and I did not have any children. And I believe he was either in an orphanage or with his adoptive parents for a little bit before the adoption was final.

I think I posted this site previously. According to the article, you (as Bill's spouse) will be allowed to request his original birth cert.

Adoptees get right to original birth certificate in N.J.

"Beginning in 2017, they will be able to request an uncertified, long-form copy of their original birth certificate from the state registrar. Adoptees born in New Jersey; one of their direct descendants, a sibling or spouse; the adoptive parent, legal guardian or other legal representative of the adopted person; or a state or federal agency will be eligible for access to the original birth certificate.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 AM

Wow....I only have to wait another 2 years? I really appreciate the information, but can you tell I'm being sarcastic? Not towards you, but the fact that I'm sure by then his biological parents will no longer be with us. I mean, if mine were still here they'd be close to 90 right now. But, at least it is some idea of where his origins began. Again, thank you!

Old 12-01-2014, 07:30 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,622 times
Search Squad on FB

They are amazing. Good luck!

I posted link but it came up with my FB acct. so I deleted the link. I can invite you by email if you can't find them on FB. It's a closed group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search