Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 619 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Jennifer. I am 38, I found out the name of my father when I was at the Social Security Office when I was 25. I have since spent money and found a lot of information, most of it myself.

I am looking for a David Ramsey, he was 21 in 1976, so that would make him born approximately 1955, but my mom got pregnant with me in January of 1976, so it could have been 1954. He would have lived or worked in Clay County West Virginia, maybe near Widen or Dille, as a Construction Worker. I have no other information about him. I was born in Summersville WV hospital on October 7, 1976, My mother Anita graduated from Clay High School in June 1976.

My mom will not tell me anything else, and fabricated a story all my life to keep me from asking questions. I do know that this information is correct because my mom wrote his name age and occupation on the paperwork to get me a social security number. The SS administration is extremely unhelpful. I understand the privacy thing, but I cannot even get a middle initial or birthdate from them. They will tell me he is not deceased though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not know that he stayed in WV, I would think he probably did, only because this is a really rural part of WV, most people don't come there and stay any length of time unless they like it or are from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:02 AM

1,724 posts, read 2,494,029 times
You might want to try DNA testing. Like the ones Ancestry and 23andme have. If might connect you to some of his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search