Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 6,172 times

Advertisements

I was just about at the end of my search when I came across this site. I thought I would give it one more try. I have been searching for ten years for my paternal grandfather, Roy Poynter Baird. This is all that I know about him... He was born June 18, 1913 to William Roy and Mary Stella Baird in Johnson County, AR. He had one older sister named Grace or Gracie? He had an uncle named Carl Baird married to Eva Baird. The family moved to San Bernardino, CA about 1916, where he grew up and graduated high school. He married Dorothy Doodyward Kennedy and they had 3 sons: Roy Wilbur, Ernest Ross and Dale William. The two seperated (?can find no record of the actual divorce) about 1944 or 1945 at which time Dorothy took the boys to Corpus Christi, TX. Roy's father, William, passed away in 1950, and his obit states that he is survived by son Roy Baird. The obit was in May of 1950, and after that I can find absolutely nothing on Roy Baird. I have searched just about everything I can think of. My father spoke with the Social Security office the other day, and although they can give absolutely no real information about him, they pointed us in the direction of Kansas City, KS may have been where he passed away November 15, 1991. Can find nothing there either??!! His SS# 553-07-1642. Amazing how I know everything about the man, except where he lived... whether he remarried... or whether he had other children... Anything would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Connie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM

99 posts, read 315,887 times
Connie,
The info I found says that he died 11/15/1991 in California. I also found a family tree that had very little info but said he married a Dorothy with a last name that was not what you have in your request..............................
Jim Pershing

Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 AM

It has been a long time since I have been here... Where did you find that he died in CA? I have yet to see that... Only that his SS# was issued in CA. Thanks,
Connie

Old 10-19-2011, 02:18 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,356,321 times
He died in Kansas, not California. He's not in the CA death index, and the Dept of SS told you to look in Kansas. So I did.

There are 2 unclaimed property records for him in Kansas. He left a life insurance policy with Stella P. Ely as the beneficiary. Problem is, she died in 1989, before him. So on April 28, 2005 the Insurance Co turned it in to the state as unclaimed property. It's still listed as available and unpaid.

Info from the Unclaimed Property records:

Stella P Ely
915 Washington Blvd Apt 1314 Kansas City, KS 66101-2137
Property # 1042354
Property type: IN07 - Other Amounts Due Under Policy Terms
Active dates: 01/25/2002 - 01/25/2002

Baird, Roy P
Ely, Stella
520 E Morse Bonner Springs, KS 66012
Property #:1141939
Property type: IN03 - Death Benefits Due Beneficiary
Last active 11/15/1991

The search results page url won't post without an error, so run the search yourself from here
Kansas State Treasurer - Unclaimed Property Searching
and search for Roy Baird (don't use middle name). From the results page you can click on "more details" to see what I've told you above. On the details page there is a link for the insurance co.(Prudential). You should be able to get the death info from them with the above claim numbers. I cannot advise you on whether your father has a claim to the unclaimed property.

Holder Information
Holder Number: 0-09-121701
Name: Prudential Insurance Company
Type: Life Insurance Company
City: Iselin, NJ Federal Information
SIC Code: 6311 Life Insurance

Federal Information
NAICS Code:
Incorporated: NJ 12/30/1873

You can also go here Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Death Certificates and order his death certificate. It may have burial information or at least the name of the funeral home who handled things, and it should have an informant listed (doctor, friend, relative). You already have all the necessary info for the form, ie birth and death dates, ss number.

Should your father choose to pursue a claim, he will need the death certificate, his own birth certificate, and perhaps proof of Stella's death, so here is her SS death info:

Name: Stella P. Ely
SSN: 553-07-1631 *
Last Residence: 66101 Kansas City, Wyandotte, Kansas, United States of America
Born: 27 Apr 1890
Died: 22 Mar 1989
State (Year) SSN issued: California (1952)

* These people are already dead and the ss number is part of the public record published online by the SS Dept. We do not post ss numbers of living people.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:58 AM

14,513 posts, read 20,718,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie321 View Post
It has been a long time since I have been here... Where did you find that he died in CA? I have yet to see that... Only that his SS# was issued in CA. Thanks,
Connie
Please pursue the life insurance policy discovered by hcgCali.

It won't be easy. My Father died in 2009 and never mentioned a policy.
Prudential was the company and they sold the policy in 2005 to another insurance company.
They tried every trick in the book to not pay it. They wanted me to prove it was a good policy. It was given to him as part of his employee benefits. People said that those types of group policies, die, the day the person retires. Unless the person keeps paying the premiums after retirement. Not true, unless my threat of legal action caused them to pay a lame policy. The other co-beneficiary wrote it off as a wild goose chase.
Then one day the check to me for $7500 arrived. I got a token, thank you from sibling for their $7500 check, and for ME not giving up.

The policy of your relative, may have been sold to another company, so do not let Prudential, or any other company give you alot of water torture techniques on why they can not pay it.

Good luck, and sorry to hear that your Grandfather passed away before you could find him.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,466,460 times
Connie321 ~ howard555 is absolutely right. I had a similar situation as he (with an insurance company). Get to the bottow of it. Keep a running log of everything...every phone conversation, all the details and the names of everyone you talk to. HcgCali found very good information for you. She is one of the best on here. Good luck to you.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,645,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Connie321 ~ howard555 is absolutely right. I had a similar situation as he (with an insurance company). Get to the bottow of it. Keep a running log of everything...every phone conversation, all the details and the names of everyone you talk to. HcgCali found very good information for you. She is one of the best on here. Good luck to you.
great post. I had a somewhat similar situation but, wonder of wonders, an agent came forward with the information when it was desparately needed.....

HcgCali is one of the best, I am always in awe of her abilities. I like Mr. Bill, too, and there are others. Ecam, I have seen you work hard, as well. There are some great people on this forum.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,466,460 times
Thanks for saying so, AnnieA. As for the OP's original request, she didn't say anything about whether she talked to her grandfather's three sons. Is one of them her father?

Old 10-23-2011, 06:41 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,356,321 times
Yes, one of the three sons is Connie's father and is helping with her search.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Thank you so much! I have changed my e-mail address since I first joined here, so I did not get the e-mail on the reply until today. I recieved a notification from my old e-mail account. You people are wonderful! I originally began looking for my grandfather when my dad had a heart attack in 2000. We had talked about how he would like to know more about what happened to him and I figured I would find the info that he wanted to know. I have searched on and off for all of these years... always hitting a dead end. I have promised myself that this is one thing that I would do for my father before he passed away. When I came back on here, it was because my father was in the hospital and told that he has lung cancer, with what may be very little time. When I got this e-mail today, I couldn't help but cry! If he does in fact have very little time, I will feel better that I have fulfilled a void in his life. Every now and then, someone comes into your life at just the right time, and hcgCali... you are an angel that God put here! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!! All of you that do this, just to help others, you have no idea how much one small thing can change someones life! God Bless you and thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search