Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 AM

32 posts, read 111,205 times

Advertisements

Hi,
this is a spin off of another thread I posted about Martha and Josephine Caramanna (my grandfather's aunts).
Florence and Pips were Martha's daughters (I thought Florence's family name was Paladino but I am not sure).
I think Pips was the person writing the letters they did send in Italy.
In the 60s and 70s they were sending letters in english and due to the fact that my relatives did not understood english they were paying a lot of money for traslation and answering back.
those letters have been lost by some traslators that's why I have no other details about Martha's and Josephine's kids or addresses.
just it seems they lived in Chicago (!?!).
Perhaps they are the only alive relatives of my grandfather (he was died in 1988) and his sister Graziella(who is still alive).
If anybody knows them please to post in this thread or in the other one where you will find the pictures didn't lost(Looking for american relatives Caramanna/Paladino).
Thanks a lot in advance,
Rosy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,465,738 times
Hi. Peoplefinders.com shows an 83 year old Josephine T. Caramanna in New Jersey. Sometimes the people on there have passed on, but their age keeps calculating. Not to discourage you...next, go to zabasearch.com and type in her name (use the middle initial also). There is an address and phone number for her. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 AM

Thanks ECAM,
unfortunatelly I think this cannot help me because Josephine must be died a lot of time ago (She should be more the 110 years old now!!!).
I just hope to find their descendant and I think Florence or Pips may be alive!
Just I don't know how to search for them.
I found on Ellis Island website that Martha was going to NY to the brother Diego CAramanna (319 East 39 St NY).
I have looked for reverse address and it seems now there is a bridal gown shop.
I tried to post a message on zabasearch to Florence Paladino, if that is her family name for true!
Rosy

Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 AM

Default Who lived in "319 East 39 St NY" in 1907?

Does anybody knows how to find this record?
Maybe from there I could start a new search...

Old 07-12-2008, 03:46 PM

143 posts, read 466,678 times
Try looking up this site: stevemorse.org - in his site he has a page that helps to find out which enumeration distinct a street is located in.
I did a search on the Ellis Island site and found roughly 85 Caramanna's. There is a Giuseppa Caramanna who came over on a ship called the Roma on Sept 17, 1907. The manifest says that she is going to join her sister Marta who lives on '641 (?) First (?) Ave, NY.
Got to go for now - will write more later.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Is Pips real name also Josephine, like her aunt Josephine? After seeing your earlier post with the photograph and the handwritten note to show who was in the picture, I see that Pips did the writing and she wrote 'me' or Josephine when she was showing the order of those in the picture.

So, if her name is really Josephine, then perhaps there is a possibility that she kept her maiden name (if she married...don't know) and maybe she is the same person that I found on zabasearch and living in NJ. You never know. I wish I could help more. Would she be in her 80's now?

Also, would Natalie and Loretta both have had the last name Paladino and what is their approximate age?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 PM

thanks to everybody.
Unfortunatelly I don't know anything else.
I also tried to find Diego Caramanna who seems to be Martha's brother without success.
I will try to contact the Josephine in NJ and let you know.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Hi, just for information I called Josephine from NJ and she's not related to Martha or Josephine, so she's not Pips.
Rosy

Old 07-14-2008, 02:27 PM

Ok, this may be a long shot, but I found an obituary of a woman with the last name of Paladino, in Illinois. It lists a Natalie Schanz as her daughter. Look at the website, then find her address on zabasearch.com. It says her husband's name is Larry. Maybe she is the Natalie in the photograph.

Helen E. Paladino.(Obituary) | Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL) | Find Articles at BNET

Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
I have been doing some research into my husband's family tree recently and I can across your posts. I don't think he is related to your family but I do know that his last name used to be spelled Caramanna and that it got changed to Caramana at some point when his great-grandparents came to America. You might want to check that spelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search