Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,206,442 times

Advertisements

Even though my wife and I have excellent credit and never any defaults etc that would affect our credit we are being told we must now pay for a rated policy because of a report from a credit reporting company. We want to resolve this . How do I get a copy of the reports. I tried to call trans union but couldnt get a human voice on the phone until I gave them my SS number. I am not going to give out personal information like that to a computer that is screening calls..I want my reports..Any ideas.. I can write a letter but I dont want to enclose personal data in the letter either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,046 times
There is NO need to pay for one. You can instantly get a free credit report from all 3 major reporting agencies once per year via this website.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

There is NO way to get your credit report without inputting your SSN. The website is completely safe. Much safer than writing a letter and disclosing the SSN in the letter which can get lost in the mail.

You definitely have to put personal information and your SSN on that website to pull your credit reports. No other way to do it short of sending in a letter or calling in and disclosing your personal information.

I'd recommend the website.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:01 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,206,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
There is NO need to pay for one. You can instantly get a free credit report from all 3 major reporting agencies once per year via this website.

There is NO way to get your credit report without inputting your SSN. The website is completely safe. Much safer than writing a letter and disclosing the SSN in the letter which can get lost in the mail.

You definitely have to put personal information and your SSN on that website to pull your credit reports. No other way to do it short of sending in a letter or calling in and disclosing your personal information.

Thank you . I used it and it gave me the information even though it did contain errors..

Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post

Agreed. Great tool to check to see everything is correct

OP: How would you get to check any of the 3 credit bureas if you don't give out your social security number? You know how many John Does are out there....it is really the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance