Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM

29 posts, read 92,947 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to put up a post to let people know that I have a TON of experience if this area. I work for a debt collection law firm that sues people for their unpaid cc's. I know about what can happen, how to fix it, how to work with your collectors, how to get good settlements on your debt, all the tricks with those GOD AWFUL 'debt settlement companies' (please, please don't sign up with one - you will find yourself in worse trouble that you can imagine)

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to lend an ear & a few words of advise.

Cheers, Mollie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molliesue View Post
I just wanted to put up a post to let people know that I have a TON of experience if this area. I work for a debt collection law firm that sues people for their unpaid cc's. I know about what can happen, how to fix it, how to work with your collectors, how to get good settlements on your debt, all the tricks with those GOD AWFUL 'debt settlement companies' (please, please don't sign up with one - you will find yourself in worse trouble that you can imagine)

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to lend an ear & a few words of advise.

Cheers, Mollie
This is an open discussion forum, why not just go ahead and post about what you know.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:

Cheers, Mollie
Ya know what? A few days ago you came on here asking advice how to manage your own money. You make $50K a year and have nothing to show for it. Do you know how many people on here can manage a decent life for them and their family on $50K?

Now you are on here telling us that your job is to make people pay up. And you want to help people skirt their debt....the same debt that you get a hansome commission to collect. Do you see anything wrong with this picture????!!!!????

You are 28 years old and have a ton of experience? How much is a ton when you are only 28? Then you also said you have no sympathy for those who are losing their homes.....oh but you are offering to help them here. They never should have bought a home you feel. Do you know what I want to say to you right now? Due to zero freedom of speech I can not.

Would you hire some one to represent you who has no sympathy for you? Does that make any sense at all? It sure does to me.

Everyone has bad spending habits huh? Do you? Come on now do you? Car wash memberships? Depends on what post you make huh. Have you no heart? So it's ok to be in debt like you are but the day some one loses their job by NO fault of their own then they are a friggen bum. Ok I have to google the school who teaches that, can you fill me in?

You also got ripped off royally by a Landlord and now you want to give us advice.

Did I tell you I hit the pick 6 lotto 14 consecutive drawings in a row? Honest I did!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:

Cheers, Mollie
Me and a couple others have been helping people smack down the debt collectors for years, and we don't have a vested interest in the industry either.

I can't wait to hear your advice. My gut says I'll be correcting alot of it.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:

Based on another thread you started, I would strongly advise everyone to avoid any advise you might have.

The thread that causes me to question your qualifications to give any financial advise: http://www.city-data.com/forum/10652534-post1.html but others are free to make their own decision, just saying..............

Old 09-10-2009, 09:29 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Seems oddly ironic to have a debt collector offering debt advice who also has no savings and is $30k in debt themselves.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Aw Guys I'm afraid you've probably run her off. After reading her posts I was really looking for her contribution and advice.

It would have been good.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
There are so many things wrong with the posts put down I think I would get better advice from my dog.

Last edited by subsound; 09-10-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
sweet mother of God the word is ADVICE......

advice

Not advise. Advise is a verb. Advice is a noun.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
sweet mother of God the word is ADVICE......

advice

Not advise. Advise is a verb. Advice is a noun.

20yrsinBranson
Every single time I read that I cringe too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance