Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,209,247 times

Advertisements

i get weekly offers from chase, amex, discover, citi....pretty much the whole alphabet. while its flattering that my superb credit score is being noticed, i hate all the junk mail and want it to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme
This!

I did exactly that for about a year and all the credit card apps have stopped!! I would write "take me off the list" or "stop harassing me" on the application and then I would send it in the envelope provided. They eventually got the message.
i'm gonna start doing the same. i dont need any more credit cards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 07:28 AM

747 posts, read 840,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
Mail it back, keep the post office solvent.
Best post yet!! I always take the prepaid envelopes I receive in any of my junk mail, slip in some type of scrap paper and mail it back. Not only helps the USPS, but the timber and paper industry. And that is good for America.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
I wish I could remember the website I signed up for about 2 years ago. A friend told me you could opt out of everything at once (all junk mail types, magazines, credit card offers, anything that is personalized, so not the mailbox stuffers that just say "occupant") on a website. Since doing that, I rarely get any of that stuff at all. I have an 800+ credit score, so I should be getting bombarded with offers, but I actually can't remember the last one I got. Whatever the website was, it really worked. If I remember, I'll come back and post it here.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:52 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
I get practically zero junk mail by using these sites...

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/
How To Get Off A Mailing List - Consumer Assistance

Old 04-27-2014, 07:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
i get weekly offers from chase, amex, discover, citi....pretty much the whole alphabet. while its flattering that my superb credit score is being noticed, i hate all the junk mail and want it to stop.

i'm gonna start doing the same. i dont need any more credit cards

Good plan!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:25 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
We were just commenting on this the other day, right before Christmas we noticed we stopped getting card offers. I mean it stopped not one offer for the last several months.......these past few weeks they have come back with a vengeance and like those in this topic have said we are getting duplicate offers from the same companies.

Chase and Citi seem to really be pushing their cards on us also!

Now we have all the articles out that say the middle class is living paycheck to paycheck.....crazy

I can't even get one percent on money in the bank, yet the credit card company will offer me a credit card with 15% interest............crazy!

Old 01-07-2016, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,429 times
I have been receiving at least 4 letters a week from chase and at least one each from all the other credit card companies out there. I used the OptOutPrescreen.com website and have seen a significant improvement with the amount of junk offers I've been receiving.

During the month of December alone we received 23 letters from chase between me and my husband, all were offering credit cards. The best interest rate we saw (which I almost framed as a joke) was "now with the new low interest rate of 35%!" I can't remember which company that was but I was rolling in laughter. All these big credit companies are just a bunch of criminals trying to squeeze every penny out of honest working Americans.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:03 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaLoveBug View Post
All these big credit companies are just a bunch of criminals trying to squeeze every penny out of honest working Americans.
Not really.
It is our choice whether or not to do business with them.

Credit is like a knife... it can be a useful tool, or it can harm you. It is all in how you handle it!

Old 01-08-2016, 05:59 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,307,209 times
Quote:
Not really.
It is our choice whether or not to do business with them.

Credit is like a knife... it can be a useful tool, or it can harm you. It is all in how you handle it!

THIS!! So many people simply don't understand that it is THEIR responsibility to use credit wisely. I guess it's just easier to blame others for their stupidity, lol.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:23 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Chase has some awesome sign on bonus cards but signing up via the mail is probably not the best way to get anything.

If it makes you feel any better I get them from discover ALL the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance