Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,042 times

Advertisements

I sell things on ebay occasionally to bring in a few extra bucks. Well, I had an item listed and the auction ended over the weekend. Unfortunately, the person who won has only 1 feedback point (no negatives, just 1 positive) and hasn't paid me yet.

I filed a non-paying bidder report but you have to wait an additional 4 days before the case gets closed if the person doesn't pay (this is in addition to having to wait the 2 days for the buyer to pay).

Anyway, the person who I wished would have won (has purchased from me before and has over 1000 positives) was the second highest bidder. I would like to give him a Second Chance Offer on the item.

Is there a way to close the nonpaying bidder report, cancel their bids, and do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder? Or do I have to wait it out and then relist the item?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 03:27 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
If the person doesn't pay, can't you just offer it to the second buyer and if they take it, let Ebay know.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:33 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
But what if you do that, and tomorrow the first buyer pays. What are you going to do? Who gets the item? If you don't send it to the first buyer, s/he has a case against YOU.

I don't think you can cancel your nonpaying bidder report or offer an item at second chance until the first buyer is officially eliminated by eBay. You are obligated to wait it out.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
If the person doesn't pay, can't you just offer it to the second buyer and if they take it, let Ebay know.
You can't do a "Second Chance Offer" unless the case against the person is closed. You also wouldn't have to let ebay know since the 2nd chance offer goes through ebay.

I'm wondering if I can cancel the non paying bidder thing, cancel the bidder's win, and offer it to the second person.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
But what if you do that, and tomorrow the first buyer pays. What are you going to do? Who gets the item? If you don't send it to the first buyer, s/he has a case against YOU.

I don't think you can cancel your nonpaying bidder report or offer an item at second chance until the first buyer is officially eliminated by eBay. You are obligated to wait it out.

booooo

That's exactly what I thought!

Thanks

Old 11-11-2014, 05:37 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
This is from eBay itself:

Cancel a transaction

When you need to cancel a transaction, it's generally a good practice to first contact your buyer to let the buyer know you're canceling the transaction and why.
You can cancel a transaction:
  • Up to 30 days after the sale.
  • Even if your buyer has already paid for the item.
You won't be able to cancel a transaction if:
  • You've shipped the item.
  • The buyer has already opened a request because they didn't receive the item.
  • You have already opened an unpaid item case.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:47 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
lesson learned

what you should do with ebay right off the bat is set your buyer preferences and set your pmt to "immediate pmt required"

(often kids use ebay as a video game and like to bid on stuff for fun)

also you need to set your shipping restriction to make sure you dont get scammers from nigeria and other places bidding on your stuff with the intention of scamming

Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Sadly you have to wait or close it manually if that is even possible and next month your sellers standard will be below average and you are limited to sell.

eBay awards non payers and is very biased in their outcome towards sellers.

Every case that is opened will be automatically in favor of a buyer even if you have no returns listed Ebay will reward it.

Don't do free shipping since that will hurt you more since that way the buyers get to ship it back for free. I figured out if they have buyer remorse and open a case they will get to get Ebay on their side but than the buyer has to pay for shipping and I already had buyers not pay for shipping and keeping the item and that way you get your money to keep as a seller

You have to be smarter than Ebay and I wonder when the next class action lawsuit will be from sellers as I will join them if that happens.

There is not one thing fair to their system and sellers can't give negative feedback for an unpaid item but the buyer can still give negative feedback which I had happen after a buyer literally told me she did this more often and knew I couldn't do anything and didn't want the item she won and wouldn't pay for it. eBay even read the emails and sided in my favor but the negative feedback would stay and I could reply with the limit 5-7 words Ebay gives you to reply to negative feedback which is ridiculous.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM

189 posts, read 345,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sadly you have to wait or close it manually if that is even possible and next month your sellers standard will be below average and you are limited to sell.

Every case that is opened will be automatically in favor of a buyer even if you have no returns listed Ebay will reward it.

Don't do free shipping since that will hurt you more since that way the buyers get to ship it back for free. I figured out if they have buyer remorse and open a case they will get to get Ebay on their side but than the buyer has to pay for shipping and I already had buyers not pay for shipping and keeping the item and that way you get your money to keep as a seller

You have to be smarter than Ebay and I wonder when the next class action lawsuit will be from sellers as I will join them if that happens.

There is not one thing fair to their system and sellers can't give negative feedback for an unpaid item but the buyer can still give negative feedback which I had happen after a buyer literally told me she did this more often and knew I couldn't do anything and didn't want the item she won and wouldn't pay for it. eBay even read the emails and sided in my favor but the negative feedback would stay and I could reply with the limit 5-7 words Ebay gives you to reply to negative feedback which is ridiculous.
No idea where you get this from but it is wrong.

I have had issues with buyers either not paying or wanting a refund for a bs reason.

Both items were closed in our favor and the buyer's false negative feedback was removed. The nonpay they refunded the fee after the case close and had no impact on our seller status.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:13 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I agree. I think the whole situation where you can't leave negative feedback on a deadbeat buyer is BS!!!! Since I no longer can do this I put everything in caps on their feedback saying what a pos they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance