Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 01:24 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,917,703 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Quick question - I have a collection from some $$ I owe a college I attended (withdrew from class after the cut-off date for a refund). I know in the past when this has happened, I've had to track down the collection and satisfy it before the school would release transcripts. In the previous case, I paid in full, so no settlement applied.

However, this time they are offering me 60% off - it could really speed up my debt repayment - not asking for moral advice on whether I am obliged to pay the full amount - moreso, does anyone know if I settle with the collection agency, whether or not the school will consider it satisfied and release my transcript? I'd really hate to lose the 33 credits when the time comes to complete my degree (which will start sometime next year) to save $800. However, if I can pay the settlement amount without it affecting the transcript, I'd love to do that.

Tried running a search on google, but it all referred to loans, which this has nothing to do with. I know I need to call the school, but they're notoriously disorganized, so I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone here had been in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance