Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:22 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Yeah, but if you are still doing the same financially stupid decisions that you did in the Past, then that means you never learned from your mistakes and the Past is still relevant.

How in the hell would you have liked me to respond then? In a nice, cuddly, teddy bear type of way? This woman has a HISTORY of making bad decisions. She got pregnant at 16, she had the kid by a guy that isn't helping her support it, she majored in a worthless degree, she runs up high charges on a credit card she can't afford, she buys TWO (not one, but two) cars that she can't afford on high interest installment loans, she has a horrible budget (if she even has a budget), she continues to overextend herself financially knowing she only makes $12 an hour, etc., etc., shall I continue?

It's not like she slipped and fell, or made a "mistake" and ended up in this situation, her lifestyle is one of constant financially stupid decisions. It started at age 16 and she's now 30 and STILL making dumb financial decisions, so you are talking 14 years straight of stupid choices.

There's no going NICE with this woman, that's the problem, people around her (like you) have been kissing her tail all this time and that's why she continues to make dumb financial decisions. Somebody needs to smack this woman in the face with reality so she wakes up.

Her decisions have put her 13 year old daughter's life in jeopardy, living in a danger zone with no Father, and you want me to go "nice" on this woman? Are you serious?

Your first post was off color and for some reason you felt the need to continue to repeat it multiple times. Some combination of keyboard warrior, lack of common sense and social awareness at play here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 07:49 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Your first post was off color and for some reason you felt the need to continue to repeat it multiple times. Some combination of keyboard warrior, lack of common sense and social awareness at play here
Nothing I said was off color (bad taste), I agree it was "Rude", but for the life of me, everybody has been kissing this woman's tail all of her life and she is continuing to make these horrible decisions. 14 years straight of horrible decisions. When is somebody going to smack this woman to wake her up to reality? Goodness sakes, you guys and your PC based dogmas are doing nothing to HELP the people you claim you care about so much.

This woman needs to be sat down and sat straight before she runs herself off a cliff (technically, she's at the edge). Nobody in her life is helping her see her own faults and bad choices, everybody (including the OP) is just kissing up to her, trying to protect her "feelings".

Like I said, keep kissing up to her and watch doesn't she continue to make these bad decisions, I'm willing to bet the next one is going to be to make Baby #2 by Thug #2.

Also Low E what are you doing now, searching for my Username just to comment on my posts? Because I didn't even see you respond to the context of the thread.

Last edited by jotucker99; 08-14-2015 at 07:58 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Nothing I said was off color, I agree it was "Rude", but for the life of me, everybody has been kissing this woman's tail all of her life and she is continuing to make these horrible decisions. 14 years straight of horrible decisions. When is somebody going to smack this woman to wake her up to reality? Goodness sakes, you guys and your PC based dogmas are doing nothing to HELP the people you claim you care about so much.

This woman needs to be sat down and sat straight before she runs herself off a cliff (technically, she's at the edge).

Also Low E what are you doing now, searching for my Username just to comment on my posts? Because I didn't even see you respond to the context of the thread.

I think off-color fits just fine but if you would label it rude then I'm not sure why you'd really want to split hairs

I didn't search your username at all I had read the thread a few times, found your first post generally distasteful and wasn't surprised to see you repeat it multiple times. Often times there are more than one way to say the same thing and your choice of words and repeated words at that are somewhat telling imo

Old 08-14-2015, 08:04 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I think off-color fits just fine but if you would label it rude then I'm not sure why you'd really want to split hairs

I didn't search your username at all I had read the thread a few times, found your first post generally distasteful and wasn't surprised to see you repeat it multiple times. Often times there are more than one way to say the same thing and your choice of words and repeated words at that are somewhat telling imo
So apparently to you, the biggest problem in this thread ISN'T the horrible decisions this woman continues to make (because you didn't feel propelled to respond to that), the biggest problem is my choice of "tone" analyzing her 14 plus years of bad decisions?

Low E this woman has a 13 year old daughter and her decisions have jeopardized the health/well-being/safety of her daughter, do you understand that? There are much more important things going on here than Tucker 99's "tone".

Old 08-14-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
So apparently to you, the biggest problem in this thread ISN'T the horrible decisions this woman continues to make (because you didn't feel propelled to respond to that), the biggest problem is my choice of "tone" analyzing her 14 plus years of bad decisions?

Low E this woman has a 13 year old daughter and her decisions have jeopardized the health/well-being/safety of her daughter, do you understand that? There are much more important things going on here than Tucker 99's "tone".

I hade actually commented prior to saying something about your post and the tone of it. If you are okay with the way you carry yourself don't worry about it. It doesn't come across well but clearly you don't care. The only thing you hate more than investing in equities is women, in general, which is clear by your lack of self control

Ps it's strange you create third person references to yourself in your posts

Old 08-14-2015, 10:11 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Yeah, but if you are still doing the same financially stupid decisions that you did in the Past, then that means you never learned from your mistakes and the Past is still relevant.
This problem is solved by learning about personal finance. Knowledge is the key.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:08 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
I hate to say it , but single mom making such small wages... has she looked into any social programs to help out? I am sure she will qualify for SNAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance